Shopify Inbox

Shopify Inbox | Reviews

by Shopify

Sell over chat, and talk with your customers anytime, anywhere

Sleems.com

I mean seriously what can you expect from a free app. But in all honesty, this app is worst than free. It will cost you money in loss of customers. I've tested it as a customer. Once you click on the "Chat" you can't go back on to the shop, you have to open your site/shop on a new tab, so have the chat in one tab and your shop on another tab (Mobile device as I haven't tested on desktop). By then my customer has a high chance of losing interest because I certainly won't be bothered to switch from tab to tabs for a question. Disgraceful how Shopify can't fix their own app after so many bad reviews...

June 10, 2020

Hi Sleems.com
Thank you for your feedback!

Buyers visiting your store on a mobile device should be able to minimize the chat screen by clicking the banner found at the top of the conversation screen. If that banner isn’t clickable on your end, please contact our team at ping@shopify.com and we can look into what could be causing that.

On desktop the chat will appear as a small conversation window in the bottom right corner, that won’t impede your customers ability to navigate the store.

If you have any other questions or feedback, please don’t hesitate to reach out to our support team!

Protein Package

Oh no... This has killed my SEO! Google has started crawling my pages with (1) - the notification from this app in the meta title. This looks so unprofessional on Google and has really affected my organic results. You need to fix this ASAP!!!

Hi Protein Package,
Thank you for your feedback. Our developers were able to resolve the issue you were seeing, in which the (1) notification appeared before page titles in Google searches. However, Google's site crawlers can take a few weeks between rounds, so it may take some time before the page titles are indexed without the (1).

You can speed this process up by asking Google to re-crawl your URLs - https://support.google.com/webmasters/answer/6065812?hl=en

Or by resubmitting your sitemap - https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/promoting-marketing/seo/find-site-map

If you have any further questions please don't hesitate to ask. You can reach us at hellokit@shopify.com

Venchi Chocolate USA

When the Google crawling machines are indexing my website they are recognized as a new visitor (new IP address) and read the meta title with (1) in front, so my pages are indexed with (1) in front of the meta title. Not good!

Hi Venchi Chocolate USA,

Micro•DOT Helmet Co.

After having serious performance issues, I discovered that when a new visitor (new IP address) comes to my website the chat app sends notification. And the number of notifications is added to the meta title of the page, so when the Google crawling machines are indexing my website they are recognized as a new visitor (new IP address) and read the meta title with (1) in front, so my pages are indexed with (1) in front of the meta title.
Please fix it!

Hello Micro•DOT Helmet Co,

La boutique des gothiques

I was very disappointed when i saw that you did not have the application for Android, it's extremely unfortunate the application looked really good.

Beauty Lifts

my customers are not able to see my response I get questions from customers but when i respond it doesn't look like they got my message

Smart Sassery

I'm not exactly sure why iOS users are getting superior products. Do their plans cost more? Android users account for the majority of mobile users. This has been a service all sellers have been asking for. It should have been rolled out on desktop first as this service would then be available to everyone. Even though this error in judgement did happen, isolating many subscribers from this services... Why has it not yet been rolled out, at the very least, on desktop for everyone to use?

April 22, 2020

Thank you for your feedback. We are happy to report that the Android version of Ping is coming very soon, so Android users can take advantage of Shopify Chat. You can sign up to be notified when it's available: https://www.shopify.com/ping. Just enter your email address and click "Join Waitlist".

Insight Apparel

It's unfortunate that this can only be used on my phone... I have multiple support representatives that work at a desk... I want to have them on the computer typing their responses not staring at their phone the entire time.

customizeteamwearusa

I am really sorry to say its not working . And Even you are avoiding to fix this app when we need this types of app for our store. Please fix this asap. Thank you

Fit. Strong. Lean.

Only for iOS. No Android version. This is very disappointing since Android still owns more than 50% market share - more than iOS.

April 22, 2020