Shopify Inbox

Shopify Inbox

by Shopify

Sell over chat, and talk with your customers anytime, anywhere

Life of Riley Pet Products

I installed this app as I thought it would be great to talk to my customers in real time. However when it pings at me by the time the app opens the conversation the visitor has usually left the store. Its too slow to load the conversation. Very disappointed.

OmegaBurn

It's a good app, my visitors use it a lot. However:
- The size should be customizable. It looks very big on mobile. - There should be an option to add it to the menu instead of having an intrusive bubble on the screen. If that is fixed, it's a 5/5

Prettyclick

We should be able to archive the conversation once its done. Also Once it is read you cannot change it to unread. I get hundred of messages everyday and It is hard to keep track

Urban Kit Supply

This is a good idea, but as someone who has 4 stores, it's impossible to use this. I need to be able to access all from same place.

Rigoglioso

it would be better if customers could send a picture or file at the chat. hope it has the improvement asap.

Selzer Home Care Products

I would have given it a 5 star, but reason for not giving a 5 star that it is missing on a very basic feature of attaching files thru desktop version on chat with customers. A customer sitting at home uses mobile for shopping in most of the cases and a seller is almost working on laptop/desktop as he has to see many reports/excel sheets/ files etc. attaching files is only available on mobile chat (as informed by shopify support).

Maple Road Consulting Inc

It was quite frustrating having the automated "check my order status" question in the chatbox and having the clients asked about their phone numbers to be able to chat. The process seems overcomplicated. As a client, I would be annoyed to have to provide my phone number for a simple inquire, I would not continue and, frustrated, I would leave the site altogether. I would like to suggest providing the user with the ability to choose what they want to ask the client, if anything, and if they want this "check my order status" to appear. I understand the idea of trying to link the phone number of an existing registered client but I feel that it overcomplicate the communication unnecessarily. Maybe having an option that enables the staff that is chatting with the client to manually assign that chat session to a client would be more suitable. Thank you and I hope to have helped.

Mobile Mattress

We are currently using this app. It is okay, we are hoping they will add some more features like, change the sound when a chat comes through, as it is quite low and quick, its easy to be missed. We with their was the option to not be notified when someone updates their cart or returns to the store etc. Would also be a lot better if the offline chats filtered through to an email so you could easily respond to customers who have left a message overnight.

Lets Bake Love by Sara Taneja

The app automatically vanishes from the store and then have to download again, can this be fixed?
Overall a good experience but some issues

Earthly Bae

the problem I'm having is the automated "check my order status" question that pops up in the chat box, how do you remove it? also, I feel the chat window is asking way too much from the potential customers is there a way to make it a one step process?

May 3, 2021

Hello Earthly Bae, thank you for the review and feedback!

At this time, the "check my order status" cannot be removed. However, it can be re-ordered in the FAQ section so it appears on the bottom. You can add your own FAQs that are customized to your store/products. Find out more here: https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/ping/shopify-chat/shopify-chat-faq. By asking for your customer's email or phone number, Shopify Chat is able to link that customer to a pre-existing customer profile in your Shopify admin or create a new customer profile so that you are able to follow up with that customer.

If you ever need any help, have questions or even more feedback, feel free to reach out to our team via the support link in the app, or directly at ping@shopify.com.

Kind regards,