Shopify Inbox , 3,565 reviews

4.7

Merchants highly recommend this app for enhancing customer communication and experience, leading to increased sales and engagement. It centralizes all customer interactions, offers a live chat feature, and provides automated responses for common queries. Merchants value the mobile app's convenience, order tracking, customer profiles, and order history features. Additional features like tagging, categorization, seamless integration with stores, and product link sharing are also appreciated. The app is praised for its affordability, reliability, and insightful customer analytics. Unique features include sending missed chat responses via email, immediate customer communication notifications, and visibility into the shopper's viewed product page during chat.

November 17, 2020

Notifications are broken. It will work once and then never again. I changed nothing with my phone or any settings. I got notified a customer was wanting to chat 1 time EVER. Then it will never do it again.

Deal Crashers Inc.
Almost 2 years using the app
Shopify replied November 23, 2020

Hello Deal Crashers Inc., thank you very much for your review and feedback! I've had a look at your conversation logs and will reach out to you personally to explain and sort out any issues.

Please keep an eye on your inbox for an email from me. Thanks again, talk soon!

June 27, 2023

constantly being harrased by marketers, freelancer & fake shopify employees.
so if youre interested in that then here you go.
i turned off the chat & inbox but yet IM STILL GETTING THESES SPAM MESSAGES

Majestic 5 Printz
7 months using the app
Edited September 15, 2020

Its a real shame this app is lacking important features! The concept is great but you can't move the position of the widget and it covers up the add to cart button on the sticky cart. We had many complaints of this :( You also can't set a time to be active so customers are getting annoyed when there is no response. We had to remove it for the time being but will install it if these things are addressed. www.crookedimaging.co.uk

Crooked Imaging Photo Video
Shopify replied September 21, 2020

Hello Crooked Imaging Photo Video, thank you for your great feedback! I will take your ideas to our product team, as we really need this information to improve the app.

To help with the widget covering up the add to cart button, we recommend using the bubble icon, instead of the text icon. Many merchants have experienced the same, and using the different icon solves this issue for now.

We will be adding the ability to set hours, as well as other customizable features. I'll get in touch with you directly when that happens as we would love to have you back using this great app.

Thanks again for your input, take care.

Kit & Ping Support

December 10, 2020

The app doesn't work on my phone. it keeps signing me out and I miss messages. Not very useful if it doesnt work half the time.

Good Vibes All Purpose Cleaner
Shopify replied December 14, 2020

Hello Good Vibes All Purpose Cleaner, thank you very much for your direct and honest review. Please accept our apologies for the troubles you have been encountering.

I will be sending you a private email to help with troubleshooting the problems. Please keep an eye on your inbox and hopefully we can work together to solve this! Thank you!

May 26, 2023

Shopify inbox is all spam. It’s a waste of time and detracts from actual customer engagement. Wish it were more reliable and could filter the bots out.

WearWells
11 months using the app
Shopify replied May 31, 2023

Hi, there. I understand how frustrating it can be to receive spam messages, and that your time is much better spent helping customers. You do have the option to block a conversation, though I know this can also be time consuming if you're receiving spam from multiple users. While we can't block spam entirely, we'll continue to look for ways to reduce it. Thanks for taking the time to share your review! -Sophia, Shopify Support

March 23, 2021

I never get to know when someone pings on the chat. Make it work like messsenger on the cell phone and desktop. Im the only one handling the webpage and would like better and louder notifications

FudgyLove
India
Shopify replied March 29, 2021

Hello FudgyLove, thanks for leaving feedback!

I'm sorry to hear that you are having issues with hearing notifications from your device and desktop. On Android, it is possible to set a ringtone and increase/lower the volume for each individual app. iOS devices do not have control over individual app notifications. When using the desktop version of Ping - each browser can be muted or un-muted to allow for audio. I will follow up with a email to ensure that we get your notification issue sorted out. I'll be in touch!

Kind regards,

Ruby C.

November 9, 2021

This app rarely works. I will get it working for a few days and then it quits sending replies. I don't have time to keep trying to figure out how to get it work correctly. Going back to Messenger.

B&C Unique Boutique
Shopify replied November 17, 2021

Hi there. Thank you for taking the time to leave this review and share your feedback. We are sorry to hear you are experiencing issues with Shopify Inbox. I would recommend reinstalling the app to see if you are still having similar issues. If you are, I would then recommend reaching out to our live support so we can take a closer look into these issues with you. To get in touch with our Support team, visit the Shopify Help Center (https://bit.ly/3cJkx8V) and log into your account to create a support request. Thanks! Marty, Shopify Support

Edited April 5, 2023

I recently tried using Shopify Inbox, but unfortunately, my experience with the app was terrible. The app has potential to be useful for managing customer messages, but the frequent spam messages from Nigeria made it nearly impossible to use effectively.

I reached out to tech support multiple times for a resolution, but was disappointed to learn that there was no solution available. The only options I was given were to uninstall the app, block the spam messages, or go to another website that's not on Shopify.

In addition to the spam messages, I also noticed that the app significantly slowed down my website, which further impacted my customer experience.

Overall, I cannot recommend using Shopify Inbox due to these issues. Until these problems are addressed, I would advise anyone to steer clear of this app.

Expressive DeZien
Shopify replied April 2, 2023

Hi, there. Thanks for leaving us a review for Shopify Inbox. We appreciate that you took the time to provide us with some feedback. At this time, there is no way to block folk from sending you a message, but you can block a user once they've contacted you by clicking the ! in the top right corner. This will prevent this person from reaching out to you any further. While not a complete solution, we hope you take advantage of this feature. I'm happy to share your feedback regarding a better method to prevent this sort of spam with the Team. -Imogen, Shopify Support

Edited April 10, 2023

It blocks the whole page and does not let the visitor exit. If they reload the page, it loads back up. This is a horrible experience.
got told by support to change the colour and icon when this is not the issue, (tried anyway)

Newlyn-pets
Shopify replied April 14, 2023

Hi, there. Thank you for providing this feedback. It sounds like there could be a technical issue occurring here. We recommend testing this is out on a freshly downloaded version of your theme. If it doesn't occur in this theme, it is a theme error in your live theme. Please reach out to our live support for more assistance!

April 14, 2023

Annoying.
Every time there is a message it emails ALL admin personel.
Sure you can turn it off for everyone but you can't pick who gets the messages. So all or nothing. Chat support has yet to get back to me.
Frank

KetoneAid
Shopify replied April 14, 2023

Hi, there. Thank you so much for your valuable feedback! I do want to clarify that each staff member can adjust their own notifications for Shopify Inbox. Simply login and head to Inbox > Notifications and adjust as needed! - Skye, Shopify Support