inkFrog for eBay

inkFrog for eBay

by inkFrog, Inc

Import, export or sync your products with eBay.

Gamestate Australia

Not worth it. Orders stop syncing and listing stopped showing. Now my inventory is ruined and my ebay sales have crashed.

What a terrible mistake. Worst of all, no support.

Sarahs Treats Treasures

This platform is really needed by us sellers but with sync issues, support staff ill equipped to deal with problems, and today 35+% of my items have wrong pictures and incorrect titles and information for no reason at all, even though my shopify store has never had this issue. The support staff told me to go through by hand and fix all the listings.... 1300+ listings to go through. Not sure what to do if they can not fix I will be getting rid of the service and requesting refund of ebay fees as this occurred during the last listing of my library and never has happened before. 125+ dollars in ebay fees down the tube because ending all of them early and re-listing makes more sense then fixing by hand over the next 4-5 days.
Honestly we have had nothing but issues the only upside is the inventory control across the two.

Cherri Lane

Had been using for around 9mths now, was great at the start. However, it seems that no fixes are implemented to their app if shopify updates themselves.
There has been a few big updates from shopify, and every time this app gets worse and worse! I have seen my EBAY rating from top rated seller drop to below average in the last 8 weeks due to this app not syncing correctly and hiding sales, missing sales, pricing wrong etc!

I will be uninstalling this. I feel as it just makes so much extra work, it has affected my businesses reputation.

Would really think twice about installing it.

Trendsolar

Slow and doesn't properly keep prices synced between Shopify and Ebay. For some reason it seems to randomly increase the price on some products by a large amount, and then constantly fails to sync between the two. This app is a whole lotta hassle as I have to review all ebay prices and settings for every product, but three stars since it does save time.

Unfortunately there is no other apps that I can find that accomplish what Inkfrog can, so I am stuck using this like everyone else. This is what lack of competition breeds.

EDIT: Removed the program and downgraded to one store. This app creates more work then it solves, and should not be trusted in any way.

The Glass Father

I spent 5hrs setting up my products and with 1 click of a button it all disappeared with no warning.

Gamesrcheap

An app that isn't worth it and marks up your products in order to make money themselves. Shame, as it'd have been nice to have a simple way to mass import my products to ebay.

Solo Stylezz

At this point if I could give this app a zero I would. I have paid for this app for quite a few months now. I received an email out of the blue stating that my trial had run out and that my account was being downgraded to a free account. At first I thought it was some type of mistake until I realized that they canceled me so that I will now have to pay $29 a month instead of the $18 that I was previously paying for the same service. No warning, nothing. This is just bad business. Don't waist your time. Find a app that is loyal to it's customers.

Hampshire Models

I am very happy with this app 99% of the time, and the other 1% of the time it drives me nuts !

I should start by saying that when I signed up, it was the only app I could find which would take products from Shopify into E-Bay, and then take the orders from E-Bay back into Shopify, and do all that at the price which a small business could tolerate. So thumbs up on that.

The set-up process was quite onerous, not because Inkfrog is difficult or obtuse, but because there is a 'best practice' way to operate Inkfrog to give yourself the minimum of problems. If you follow that method, then life begins to settle down, if not, stand by for a bumpy ride.

I strongly recommend taking advantage of the offer of a call with an Inkfrog support representative before you get too deep into the software. I did this perhaps a little bit later than I should of, and did it because I kept having problems with products not syncing properly, wrong photo's being uploaded, prices being changed etc. I had to do something about these problems because as anyone selling on E-Bay knows, you are on a very short leash.

I follow the Inkfrog best practice to the letter now, and the problems are very much reduced. There is still the occasional blip, however whether the issue is within Inkfrog, or because E-Bay or Shopify have changed something, is generally impossible to tell.

I have found the Inkfrog support team to respond very quickly on the whole, I have never been left without a solution, and generally the solution is there within a couple of hours. However, what I have rarely been able to find out, is why the problem occurred in the first place. This is really important to know in my view, because if the problem is my own process, I want to know about it so I can prevent further issues.

Aside from the occasional unexplained glitch, my main gripes about the software would be that in order to avoid sync problems, every time a new product or products is created in Shopify, Inkfrog will not pick that up unless the product download file is rebuilt from scratch. This is an automated process, but if you have products into the thousands, this can take a while to do.

The other main issue is that for existing products on Shopify, if you amend the photo's, these are not automatically updated in E-Bay. I believe the Inkfrog team are working on that feature though.

So, in my view, for the money, there is no better app that will do all that it does, but be prepared to put a lot of work in to getting it working for you properly. I would also say that I am not 100% comfortable that I can 'ignore' Inkfrog and let it work in the background, errors do still occur, and you would be wise to log in and check for anomalies on a daily basis.

UPDATE OCTOBER 2017 - I have been having various issues with synchornising information between Shopify, Inkfrog and E-Bay. It has been well over a week now and despite reporting the issue on THREE seperate occasions, nobody from Inkfrog has bothered to reply at all. Basically, less than a third of E-Bay orders are being pushed into Shopify by Inkfrog, so Shopify inventory is out of sync until I do it manually. I have also had intermittent issues with dispatch information not being pulled from Shopify into E-Bay.

I don't know whether I am being ignored by Inkfrog, or there is a much bigger issue at play such as the support team being disbanded perhaps.

Either way, if my recent experience is anything to go by, then the support provided is zero, which is not what I pay $29 per month for.

I have revised my view of Inkfrog from being optimistic about the software, to ready to move on to a different solution due to persistent poor support where elementary features of the software are not working as they should.

Traderbrock

Doesn't stay synced. Buggy and slow if you have many items. Customer service not very helpful.

Kazzi

Not happy at all. It acts funny. It increased the prices on ebay a lot more than what I had on my store. Store price was $18 inkfrog listed it on ebay for $53!!
I contacted the support and they said the setting to sync shopify prices were off! This was totally false as i check the setting. They forced syn certain product. I imported new list and the list has the same issue. I lost a lot of sale because of this bug in InkFrog.
I am not looking for alternatives.Can't keep paying InkFrog for losing sales.