Instagram channel

Instagram channel

by Shopify

Sell on Instagram by tagging products in your posts & stories.

Garcia's Shopping List

I used this app to facilitate the traffic in my store. It is very difficult of use the icons for tag products. Also 1st day worked perfect and a day later didn't work anymore and lost my week trying to realize what was wrong. Today is working again don't know how. Otherwise would be amazing app

Direct Impact Golf Company LLC

This app is worthless. The problem is with Facebook/Instagram, not Shopify. Facebook customer service (chat) will give no reason why I am "not eligible for product tagging" even though I have complied with all the requirements. They ended the chat, effectively "hanging up on me," and told me to consider the matter "final."

The issue appears to be with Facebook, which owns Instagram. But Shopify should not market "seemless integration" and the ability to sell your products directly on Instagram with this app when it doesn't deliver on that promise. Very disappointing.

Mermaid Mamis

It keeps saying that my shop cannot tag products because I violated some commerce policies and I have fine tooth combed my products and I can't find anything!!! So frustrated!!!!!

drip

tribble app, just like everyone said , i also had the same problem, my shop does not violate any issues but yet it is blocked for promoting products. very bad service

Solepack

Same issue as most reviews I've read. Was working great for the 1st few weeks then suddenly, I couldn't tag products and link my shopping cart to facebook. No help on either ends. Terrible for small business!!

Bell Stylish Fashion

I use this app to promote my business. This app helps me get in touch with my friends and customers.

Karavan Clothing

oh god, how did you do that? We're talking about a super-huge company out there, and that's the outcome of this? really? other reviews have already mentioned the massive issues, complications and bugs. The worst of it all? a really disturbing approval system. I mean, i could only take it seriously if all this is an anger management test.

Mack's Merch

I am happy that my Shopify and IG work, I figured out how to tag my products with each photo. I see that some followers click on these photos tagged to my products on shop. Thanks!

ThisBlueBird - Modern Vintage

First... We've been using this channel since it was launched and we definitely get sales from Instagram, actually more from IG than from Facebook or Pinterest. 95% of the time we have had no issues. Within 10 min or so after adding a new product, it is available to tag on IG. If we had one request, it would be for IG to make it easier to search for the item when tagging on the IG App, but that has nothing to do with this channel or Shopify.

Second.... All of the issues that people complain about in these reviews are actually Facebook problems. Yes, that's right, Facebook, not Shopify. The only thing this app does is automatically feed your product data for you so you don't have to do it the hard way by uploading CSV files to Facebook Business Manager. If your products are being rejected by FB, it's not because of an issue with this Shopify app. FB owns Instagram so anything advertised on IG is subject to FB advertising rules, and the FB automated system for reviewing products and flagging violations is kind of a mess.

At first you could report the violations for review and they would get fixed within a couple days. Then FB turned off the ability to report through the app for a while. (BTW, all the info you see on the FB and IG channel screens through the Shopify dashboard is supplied and controlled by FB and they change it whenever they want.). During the reporting blackout phase we resorted to contacting them through the Biz Support page on FB, and got a chat session with someone who escalated the wrong violation flags and he got them fixed. Not gonna lie, it took weeks of pestering FB through all available contact methods and a few chat sessions, but it was eventually fixed. Then about 8 months later it started happening again, but only for a few products, and by then they had turned on the request review feature again. Although, we still had to open a new chat to get it fixed. Even the FB support people have acknowledged that the automated system is the issue and things are often mis-categorized. This isn't really surprising considering the volume of products it has to review and potentially reject.

The point is, if you are having trouble getting your products approved, as long as they are not legitimately violating the FB ad policy (which is outlined here: https://business.facebook.com/policies/ads), start by contacting FB Business support. Go to this page, scroll down, click the Get Started button next to contact support. https://www.facebook.com/business/resources/ . You will have to have a legit FB biz page for your business, and you'll probably be asked to prove you are the owner/admin of the biz. Sometimes it takes a few tries to get someone to help you because some of the groups will say they don't support "tagging" issues. You have to get to the right area of FB biz support.

Also, here's another trick we learned the hard way. If you ever have an issue where new products are not feeding to FB/IG and it's been a day or so, contact Shopify first and ask them to refresh the feed, it will usually start the flow again. Do not disconnect the FB channel and reconnect it. That means FB will have to review all of your products over again and that takes a long time.

Luxe Oil Essentials

Terrible like all the other reviews say. Shop does not violate any policy. Shopify says it us up to Instagram and not them for approval. The service should not be offered if there is no partnership to help shop owners to get the shopping bag icon. In the US apparently you just have to turn tagging on and don't even need a Shopify account. What a waste of time and money for this site.

Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 29 30