Instagram channel

Instagram channel

by Shopify

Sell on Instagram by tagging products in your posts & stories.

egosphere sunglasses

no tenemos idea del porque instagram no enlaza nuestra tienda para poder etiquetar productos muy mal shopify deberian de checar estos problemas

Rude Rainbow

Instagram/Facebook should be ashamed of themselves! And the same to Shopify for allowing such a terrible app to be available! And then when asking for help they themselves do not even have a contact person to help in these situations.

Take a look at these reviews! What a disaster!

I have not been approved for Instagram again and again because I am apparently a "dating site"! Which is so wrong but there is NOTHING you can do about it.

Instagram is one of the main sales channels most of these people go into business. And then after months and years of starting a business they are instantly denied due to a computer making the wrong decision!

Something needs to be done!

February 6, 2020

Thank you for sharing this feedback! Facebook does have a very strict policy in regards to the types of products it allows to be posted. This can then filter through to Instagram, as your products will need to be approved through Facebook to appear in Instagram.

That being said, if your products are being rejected you can appeal them using this support form here (http://bit.ly/2S8LcBD). Make sure you're logged in to your Facebook account when accessing that link!

Once your products are approved through Facebook they will be passed on to your Instagram channel. I will be following up with you via email to make sure that your Instagram account is connected okay and that the products will pass through there without issue. -Lizzy, Shopify Support

HAPPY IN BOLD

Apparently EVERYONE is getting this as message as well? :
"Instagram Shopping isn’t available for your account. Learn more about set up requirements."

I followed up and read EVERY SINGLE THING I could that they recommended and cannot find a SINGLE reason why we are "disapproved". None. Good luck figuring out how to ACTUALLY appeal the decision as well. Useless.

Not surprised with the amount of 1 Star reviews. Seriously disappointed.

February 6, 2020

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review! I completely understand how it can be frustrating not to have a clear reason as to why your Instagram account hasn't been approved. We do now have more reasons displayed to show why an account hasn't been accepted.

This message in particular refers to some aspect of the account not being fully set up. I know you've gone over the requirements and checked to make sure your account lines up, but I'd be happy to give your settings a second set of eyes to make sure!

I’ve followed up with you via email so that we can do just that. I look forward to chatting more soon. -Lizzy, Shopify Support

Fairfield London

It doesn't work. when the customer selects a product and clicks to view on the website from Instagram; it redirected to a Facebook error page.

February 6, 2020

Thank you for sharing this feedback with us! Sometimes when an account is first set up there can be a linking issue between your Instagram page and Facebook. Often contacting Facebook, or giving the connection a few days will solve this.

That being said, I will be following up with you via email to check how your connection is doing and to make sure that you're able to direct customer to the right spot! -Lizzy, Shopify Support

For Beloved Girl

I also didn't get approved. After I read the reviews they all have an issue like me. I'm wondering why Shopify or Instagram did not fix this, hmm.

January 21, 2020

Thank you for sharing this review with us!

I completely understand how it can be frustrating not to see an approval when hoping to use the Instagram tagging features. While ultimately, Instagram are responsible for the review process, we hope to support Shopify business owners and get as many merchants as possible tagging on the platform! That being said, there are several restrictions and requirements to be able to use Instagram Shopping. You can find them here (http://bit.ly/2RX7INW).

I will also be following up with you via email to log your feedback for our development team and look over your store with you to see what else I can suggest! -Lizzy, Shopify Support

BeeDyferent

I'm not getting approved for the 9th time. It's really getting frustrating and my store will mainly depend on IG to sell.

January 21, 2020

Thank you for very much for this feedback!

I'm sorry to hear that you've been having difficulty setting up Instagram tagging. I would like to go over your account to help and see if there is anything we can do to get you set up!

I’ve followed up with you via email to provide further assistance on this. -Lizzy, Shopify Support

MyShoePlace

My store is NOT getting APPROVED. I've uninstalled and reinstalled this channel more than 6 times now. I have no idea why I'm getting rejected.
I started my store because I thought I could leverage IG to get sales. And now this happens. Can I get some support from Shopify?

January 21, 2020

Thank you for sharing this feedback with us! Instagram does have a strict list of requirements, and it can sometimes be easy to miss one or two. You can find them here, if you'd like to take a look! (http://bit.ly/37krjMQ)

You will also need to be accessing the Instagram app from a location that is supported by the feature, as they will reject the account or disable the feature if they track the app being using in an unsupported location. You can find the list of supported locations here. (http://bit.ly/2RX7INW)

I will be following up with you via email to offer further assistance on this as well, but wanted to share a link to our support center where you can reach out to our teams right away in future! (https://help.shopify.com/questions) -Lizzy, Shopify Support

Elizabeth's Classics

To me, since they say it is ineligible with no explanation, and we have normal products...nothing against the terms and conditions...I have to say it is worthless...

January 21, 2020

Thank you for taking the time to leave this review for us! I'm sorry to hear that this app wasn't helpful for your business at this time.

When Instagram denies a store access to the tagging feature there are sometimes ways to appeal the decision. Have you tried reporting a problem within the app at all?

I’ve followed up with you via email to log your feedback for our development team and discuss further options for appealing the rejection. I look forward to speaking more soon! -Lizzy, Shopify Support

EKTYV

SCrap. Can't add my store & no reason available !!! morons. Not eligible ?? Who not eligible ?????? If you can't add my store, at least give a reason so i work on it. time wasters.

January 21, 2020

Thank you for sharing this feedback with us.

Our team at Shopify doesn't have direct access to Instagram's review process. That being said we have recently been able to work with their team to develop a selection of different messages if your account isn't approved. This will help to narrow down what we might need to work on to get the accounts connected!

I’ve reached out to you via email to go over this in more detail, hope to hear from you soon! -Lizzy, Shopify Support

Refiner's Love

I've been denied many times, trying to connect this app to my shopify. Facebook approved me immediately but, facebook is not where I want me business to be seen. I even tried to contact instagram and it has literally been more than 6 months with no response. This actually hurts my business because I get more responses on instagram business wise with other things. I would like to know how I can fix this today if possible.

January 18, 2020

Thank you for taking the time to share this review with us. I completely understand how Instagram is a powerful tool for connecting with your customers. While we don't have direct control over the review process, I might be able to offer some advice to help! I noticed that you mentioned you've already tried to contact Instagram. This is a great first step.

The next thing I suggest is checking on their requirements to make sure you haven't missed one or two while getting your store ready! (http://bit.ly/31tEvfM)

Facebook and Instagram use two different review systems, which means that you may see an approval on one and not the other. That being said, I would like to continue our conversation so I've sent you an email. I look forward to hearing back!

I also wanted to share a link to our live support teams with you, incase you need urgent help in the future (http://bit.ly/2p5irtX). Reaching out there will connect you with our teams much faster! -Lizzy, Shopify Support