Instagram channel

Instagram channel

by Shopify

Sell on Instagram by tagging products in your posts & stories.

Grumble Grumble

I GOT SHOPPING TO WORK, BUT NOT USING THIS APP

Like everyone else, got rejected by instagram for shopping. But after trying everything, I finally got it to work. Below steps done on desktop computer.

1. First of all, THIS APP DOES NOT WORK. Don't bother with it, but keep the Facebook shopping channel.

2. Go to your FB Page and unlink your Instagram. Convert your Instagram back to a personal account. Then clear browsing history and cache.

3. Go to the 'ABOUT' tab on your FB Page and change your Facebook page category to SHOPPING & RETAIL . THIS IS THE MOST IMPORTANT STEP - I honestly tried everything, and it worked within 24hrs of me doing this.

4. On the Facebook Page, re-link your Instagram, and follow the prompts to change the Instagram to a business account.

5. Go to instagram and make sure your facebook is linked on that end.

6. Wait and Instagram will roll out the option to you (took me less than 24hours)

To all my fellow shopify'ers struggling with this app I HOPE THIS WORKS FOR YOU!

Vintage Dress Closet

feed just does not work! I only signed up for this platform because of the other sales channels. Jokes on me i guess.

Thelittlewritingcompany

Denied me with no explanation. No support and Instagram no help either.

Macjacllc

I totally agree with all and I am copying some of the all 1 star people are saying. 100% REASON I switched my store from GODADDY to Shopify. I am sooooo annoyed. WHAT AN ABSOLUTE SCAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Shopify support tells me I need to contact instagram as it is out of their hands! They can't even give me the proper support of what I need to do to get my products tagged on instagram. I fill all the criteria there is to be on instagram. Instagram has no help or support. No one gets back to you!!!! I am going to be posting about this MAJOR ISSUE anywhere I can. And I am thinking about going elsewhere with my business and going off of SHOPIFY!!!! @SUPPORT@SHOPIFY.COM READ ALL OF THE NEGATIVE REVIEWS AND DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT!!!!!!!!!!! THIS IS HORRIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Don't promote something that doesn't work. I can guarantee in a few years someone will be having a class action lawsuit about this!!!!!! THIS IS CRIMINAL!!!!!!!!!

Wallace Paper Company

This was 100% of our reason to go with Shopify. We have invested time & resources to setting up an online account. Got approved by Facebook and denied by Instagram. There is no feedback, no recourse and no way to determine what the denial reason is. As with most of the reviewers, we have competitors and like stores with the same merchandise and less followers. If this is going to be something Shopify offers then Shopify needs to be able to address these issues.

Pooch Bandana

Agreeing with all 1 star reviewers. I meet all the criteria but my store still isn't eligible for product tagging. Absolute joke. Shopify need to address this issue ASAP.

Oonyou

bonjour,

j'aime beaucoup instagram. merci de valider ma boutique pou la vente sur instagram.

Bien Cordialement

Mclc

Connect stores immediately!
I have looked over and over the policies and have everything set. Why is it so difficult to get approved??? Without an explanation of what to fix, if any???
And no customer service available?

Sahgol By Elle M

I'm unable to get store approved for shopper program with no good reason given.

Shopshoponlinestores

....good..but now i can find my account to instagram