Instagram channel

Instagram channel

by Shopify

Sell on Instagram by tagging products in your posts & stories.

Bella Records

Unable to get store approve and with no explanation as to why when standards and guidelines are been met. Competitors have the same products and no denial. Reason why we choose Shopify was to be able to tag our products on Instagram since we receive lots of inquiries based on are current posts.

Bee And Me Boutique

Denied me with no explanation. Friend was able to get approved immediately and she sells the same type of products. My shop and FB page/insta has been established longer than hers.

Barleyboy Australia

agree with all the other 1 star reviewers. Our store meets all the guidelines but deemed eligible and no support on how to solve the issue. You cant contact instagram directly either and their's no help topics on the matter. Waste of time. Shopify needs to address this problem asap or i think alot of people might look elsewhere for their shopfront

Storytellers Workshop

Edit: I finally fixed the issue after following some of the other reviewer's guides. I'm not entirely sure what got it to work but would recommend making sure you have set up a catalog through facebook business manager and also change your category on facebook to "Shopping & Retail". Also not to refresh the page instantly after you install the Instagram app, for some reason this seems to trigger the "not eligible" message. Escape the page and wait for an email saying your shop is approved.

I am SO disappointed with my experience so far with this app, it has been nothing but frustration trying to get it to work. I've tried uninstalling Facebook and Instagram multiple times to no avail. This feature is the main reason that I and many others chose Shopify and it's awful that there is absolutely no support out there on how to fix this major issue.

Ajtouch

I've met every qualification.
I have a reputable shop and sales channel on FB running.
Follower counts are very high up as well, everything tailored to a seamless online business and brand.

But it refuses to tell me anything other than that i'm ineligible.

Zero stars until this gets fixed (if ever).

Chris Rusak

Ditto every other 1-star review. Shopify passes the buck to Instagram and the store owner on this, claiming the responsibility to fix the recurring "not eligible" despite meeting all the guidelines problem is your problem. For their part, Facebook & Instagram pass the back to Shopify. Lots of fun! Total waste of my time, and aggravating since I based my decision to use Shopify on the availability of product tagging on IG.

Shopify, you need to pony up here, accept responsibility, and fix this problem immediately — or discontinue the app and stop advertising this as a feature. It is clearly broke.

Shop At The Well

Same problem as everyone else on here.. Deemed "not eligible" even though we comply with all of their guidelines. We've spent a lot of time trying to resolve this, attempted several times to contact instagram, and now have to revamp an entire marketing campaign that we had scheduled.
Really hoping this gets resolved but doesn't seem as though anyone is listening to our reviews or requests for help.

Chemistry Jewelry

I believe that Instagram is just backed up in approving shops. I spent a ton of time using an RSS feed to work around the Instagram approval (or lack thereof), only to have Instagram approve our shop within a week or two after that. If you are in a hurry or "need" to get it up quickly, I have not seen any way to do this.
===============
I thought I was all set to go after reading previous threads that warned me to make our FB page open to all countries and all ages. My stumbling block was three pieces of jewelry that we were listing on the site that had names that red-flagged us (bridal rings that included descriptors such as "Whiskey" colored diamonds and Diamond "Fireworks" Band).
FB was pretty quick to release those products and allow us to sell them, but Instagram still has us blocked. I sent an email to their support team two days ago, so maybe they will still be getting back to me to resolve the confusion sooner than later. Then I can hopefully improve the rating of this app. Wish I had more options for recourse...

Update: 3 weeks later still no luck being approved, or being told what is wrong with the products (they are bridal rings people!!). Here is one star, and my days on Shopify are numbered...

The Aussie Huntress

Terrible lack of support to potential users and businesses!
Can't use product tagging as apparently don't meet the guidelines in the commerce policy.
Competitors are selling the same products and have tagging, doesn't make sense.
The decision making process is extremely flawed with many businesses being declined for no apparent reason.

Synergy Mounting Systems

Absolutely dreadful. Just like everyone else, tried several times to get it working and it simply doesn't work. AVOID