Instagram channel

Instagram channel

by Shopify

Sell on Instagram by tagging products in your posts & stories.

Blvck Af

This sales channel just didn't do anything at first... It finally started responding but apparently now my shop is illegible for the instagram sales channel despite the fact that I'm already selling on facebook and I've violated none of the instagram specific guidelines.

Six Row

Like everyone else, we struggled with getting the Instagram sales channel to work for about a month without any success until this evening. We tried pretty much everything including the suggestions made by Copan Coffee Roasters and Nikitabyniki elsewhere in these reviews.

Assuming you don't have any country and age restrictions on your business page, chances are the problem is that Instagram is not recognizing the feed that Shopify generates. You'll find this feed in the catalog section in Facebook business manager (i.e., under the title "products for xyzstore.myshopify.com").

This is what we did to FINALLY get it to work:

(1) Remove the Instagram channel from Shopify and clear your caches as well as browsing history;
(2) Unlink the connection between your Facebook and Instagram pages in the Instagram app;
(3) Switch back to a personal account in the Instagram app;
(4) Delete the Instagram app and reinstall;
(5) Log back into Instagram;
(6) Do not relink your Facebook page and do not switch back to a business profile;
(7) Go to your Facebook business page and disconnect the Instagram account from your settings;
(8) Create a data feed for Facebook -- we used the free app "Facebook Feed - Product Feeds Made Easy" by Wyred Up (we are not affiliated with this app and it's likely that any app that can generate a data feed for Facebook will also work);
(9) Make sure you designate a Google shopping category if you use the Wyred Up app (it's in the edit feed settings section of the app);
(10) Go to Facebook business manager and create a new catalog;
(11) Use the data feed option to create the new catalog and when prompted to do so, copy the location of the feed from the app into the Facebook feed setup;
(12) Go to Catalog Manager and make sure that the new catalog you just created is "owned by" your page/business;
(13) Go to your business page on Facebook and under the settings tab, reconnect your Instagram account to Facebook;
(14) Follow the prompt to switch your Instagram account to a business account;
(15) Go to your Facebook business settings and click on "Catalogs" under the Data Sources section;
(16) You should now see the new catalog that you created listed under your page;
(17) On the far right-hand side, click on "Associate Sources" and connect your store's pixel to this new catalog;
(18) Once everything is connected, go back to Shopify and install the Instagram sales channel; and
(19) If you're like us, you should get a message that Instagram is reviewing your store. It took less than two hours for us to get approved.

Hopefully, these instructions are clear enough and you'll find them to be helpful. Good luck!

Berniemooreministries

Same issue as EVERYONE. Poor customer services from Shopify and Instagram. I tried the restriction thing and still NOT WORKING.

Canine Habits

FINALLY was able to fix the issue that everyone seems to be having. I'm still rating this app only 3 stars since it is not very user-friendly to get set up and the customer service from Instagram is nonexistent.

If you are getting the alert that your Instagram doesn't qualify despite the fact that you're not breaking any of their rules, try this.

1. Remove the Instagram sales channel
2. Go to your business Facebook page (business manager page) and click on "Settings"
3. Under the "General" settings tab, check your "Country Restrictions" and "Age restrictions". You want to make sure these say "Page is visible to everyone".
- I had my page set to only be visible to certain countries, and when I changed this I was finally able to get my Instagram approved -

4. Reinstall the Instagram sales channel (and make sure your Facebook sales channel is connected and approved)
5. Reconnect Instagram

Seriously such a simple and obvious answer once you know about it, I don't know why it would be so difficult for Instagram to let people know this is why their accounts aren't being validated.

Bought Beautifully

0 Stars! Same as everyone else here...C'mon Shopify, please go to bat for your clients...certainly there are high-level relationships between you and Instagram/FB. Obviously this is a consistent problem and NO ONE is taking any level of ownership to advocate for store owners who clearly comply with the rules & regs yet are locked out of selling while competitors continue without issue.

Please be an asset to your shop owners!

Yosmo

Not sure if all these ratings will help us as to get in touch with someone from Instagram for this issue. But as many merchants here, also our store has been suddenly declined this access. At first hand everything was working fine but not anymore. While on Facebook the shop is still showing. Same we are having issues with facebook messenger.

How2doit

Not sure what to think, I've been paying for Facebook Ads, then read more info about promoting my site through Instagram, no luck with that. now I'm going to try Click-funnels, no sales as of yet at this time

Queens Shop Com

BIG PROBLEM !! https://apps.shopify.com/instagram?utm_content=contextual&utm_medium=shopify&utm_source=admin (look at the comments section) Recently instagram allowed businesses to sell through instagram (with shopify). But Most of us are not eligible. Why ? What's the problem because We respect all of your rules ! That's aberrant !! awful and stupid...

Merchant31

One star only because it cannot be lower. We comply in EVERY way and yet, just like EVERYONE else here, we have been deemed ineligible with no recourse or support. It is abhorrent to even pretend like this is an offering when it DOESN'T WORK!

UPDATE: After removing the US only viewing restriction and verifying our Facebook business phone, our Instagram access was permitted and we are now able to use it. I will revise the rating once we are using it and find it worthwhile, but for everyone else out there, try those two things! :)

Quadriviumshop

lixo minha loja do shopify não consegui se vincular com instagran app lixo