Instagram channel

Instagram channel

by Shopify

Sell on Instagram by tagging products in your posts & stories.

The Ski Chalet

I have tried for months to get this app to work and have called Shopify multiple times for help, unfortunately no one has been able to help me. They keep telling me to contact Instagram, which I have tried 4 times and no one has returned my emails. My Shopify products comply with all of the rules and regulations of the app yet no matter what I do, Instagram/Shopify will not approve my store. This has been a huge waste of time.

Copan Coffee Roasters

Hi Everyone,

1. Disconnect your instagram account from your FB page
2. Disconnect FB on your instagram account
3. Switch back to a personal account on your instagram
4. Delete the app and reinstall
5. Log back into your instagram but DO NOT relink to FB or switch to business account
6. On FB, reconnect your instagram to your page and you will be queued to switch your instagram to a business account
7. Follow these steps on FB and it will automatically update instagram

Fullysent

Same issue as everyone else, URL error. Sad.

Lille Barn

Same issue as everyone else.

The only explanation I have for the issue with the 'need a business account' is that instagram does not recognise the Business Profile or has simply switched off the integration all together.

In Instagram under 'Linked Accounts' I see the Facebook Page I am connecting, however previously it would say that 'Business Accounts cannot unlink', where as now it shows the 'personal account' that the Page is created with. So surely there is some information exchanged and it is basically seeing the page as a personal one and not a business one.

It seems Instagram is too big to keep the integration with Shopify working or it is driving an insane amount of traffic or whichever it is and someone is not paying the bill there. I can only imagine there is something we 'users' are just not being told about and that's a shame. We all love Shopify and Instagram and it seemed a match made in heaven.

Hope it gets fixed. Somehow.

Pulp Stitchin

App doesn't recognise I already have an Instagram business profile and therefore won't connect. Contacted Shopify who said to take it up with Instagram. Contacted Instagram multiple times, no response.

Finish Fit

We have a business instagram profile. When we connected the instagram app to the shop we get the error message "You need an Instagram business profile to tag products". We tried disconnecting the shop from facebook and instagram. Switching our instagram page to personal and the back to business again and reconnecting. After all that, we still get the same error: "You need an Instagram business profile to tag products". It seems everyone is having issues with connection to instagram.

Update:
We followed the steps outlined by Copan Coffee Roasters posted Monday at 3:53pm

"I believe I found the issue to the problem regarding the instagram business account. Like almost every else, I had followed the instructions exactly, yet shopify was telling me I did not have an instagram business account even though I did. After a few days I think I figured it out!
1. Disconnect your instagram account from your FB page
2. Disconnect FB on your instagram account
3. Switch back to a personal account on your instagram
4. Delete the app and reinstall
7. Follow these steps on FB and it will automatically update instagram

Hope this helps everyone out! Instagram is super unresponsive :( and shopify can not help with this issue."

After following these steps, our instagram account did switch to a business account on facebook, however, after reconnecting to facebook and instagram on shopify, we still get the message that you need a business instagram account to proceed.

Very frustrating!!!

Ceesmartdeals

Thought I was alone in this issue... apparently wide spread problem. Kind of a key feature I was hoping on taking advantage of the more than other aspects. Anyone figure out a fix, please update!

Fowlers Trading Company

Same as others... Sad thing is that I have it on one of my stores... But I was rebranding another and it just won't work. Worthless.

Tamariage Love

I sell on Shopify's platform. I cannot connect the Instagram sales channel to Facebook as instructed from the Shopify Store. When I click "connect to Facebook", I get this error message instead "Can't load URL: The domain of this URL isn't included in the app's domains. To be able to load this URL, add all domains and sub-domains of your app to the App Domains field in your app settings." How Can this issue be Resolved?

Littlemisscerise

does not work and error message, you cannot connected to facebook.
You have technical issue, resove it before you introduce to shops.
I was reading the forum , lots of seller have problem with Instagram. I am going to sell on instagram but not trhough you.