Instagram channel

Instagram channel

by Shopify

Sell on Instagram by tagging products in your posts & stories.

Stockholm17

A disgrace. I tried everything, the customer support on IG and FB does not exist, it just doe s not work.

November 28, 2019

Thanks for sharing this review. I'm sorry to hear about the troubles you've had with setting up the Instagram channel, and receiving further support. While Facebook and Instagram are the best people to help provide troubleshooting, there are some additional resources I'd like to share with you regarding this, so I'm going to follow up with you via email. Please keep an eye out for my email, and reply directly back to me once you receive it. I look forward to hearing back from you! - Rae, Shopify Support

Local Buzz

Just really no good just find someone do the post for you. FB & IG just simply terrible all together. There customer service is a BIG FAT 0...just too big and really care nothing for your business. So hope you each wake up after nearly 500 big 1 star ratings things this speaks loudly what they are about.

November 27, 2019

Thanks for leaving a review. I'm sorry to hear you've been having difficulty with your Facebook and Instagram apps. While the product review process is conducted by Facebook/Instagram, our Support Team may be able to assist if you're having any connectivity issues.

I hope it's fair for me to assume you were referring to Facebook and Instagram's customer service, as I wasn't able to locate any interactions with our Team regarding these apps. Nevertheless, I've gone ahead and sent you an email so that we can discuss the trouble you're experiencing in more depth and to see if there's anything I can help with. Hope to hear from you soon. - Ryder, Shopify Support.

For You Gamer

Me esta pasando lo mismo, nose que hacer ya he probado de todo y más, en fb me deja tener el catalogo pero en Instagram me dice que no es elegible para etiquetar productos, cuando lo tengo todo conectado

MYGYMSTYLE

Yes, same for us. Very annoying!!!
Also our FB shop is approved and running now, but the IG is simply denied from the first second w/o any possibility to solve this issue. No contact possibility at all.
We followed all help pages (shopify, FB and IG) and fulfill all requirements. :-(

November 27, 2019

Thanks for leaving this review. I'm sorry to hear that your store has been denied from using the Instagram sales channel. Facebook and Instagram currently use different review systems to approve stores on their channels, so it's possible to be approved for Facebook, yet still denied for Instagram. The best way to work through this issue is to report a problem to Instagram directly through their app.

I'd like to discuss your specific account set up further, so I'm also going to follow up with you via email. I look forward to hearing back from you soon! - Rae, Shopify Support

Rock and Vegan

I don't know why Instagram doesn't show up my products. Everything is excellent with FB. What can I do to fix this, if I am not broke Instagram's rules?

November 26, 2019

Thank you very much for this feedback.

Instagram's teams, while under the same umbrella as Facebook, use a different review process before allowing businesses to tag on their platform. I understand how this can be frustrating, as you may be approved for one, but not the other. In many cases you can request that they review your account again by reporting a problem in the Instagram app. In the meantime keep the channels connected as you may see an approval status appear!

I will also be sending you an email shortly so that we can look over your account together and discuss this further. Talk soon! -Lizzy, Shopify Support

Quem Já Tem?

Our catalog was approved both on Facebook AND Instagram and it worked for a while and all of a sudden all of our products disappeared from both platforms! What's going on???

November 23, 2019

Thanks for leaving a review. I'm sorry to hear about the trouble you've been experiencing with you Facebook and Instagram apps. Instagram populates the products directly from the Facebook feed, so we'll need to sort that out in order for your products to appear on Instagram.

I see that you've been in touch with our team earlier this week, but I've also gone ahead and sent you an email to learn more about what you're experiencing with the Facebook Shop app. Once I have more details, I'd be happy to work together through troubleshooting steps to resolve this issue for you. Hope to hear from you soon! - Ryder, Shopify Support

Saints of Speed

Today is November 18th 2019 and there's over 420 1 star reviews for this right now. Apparently something has glitched out and many Shopify users are not able to connect for some unknown reason. No way to get support or help on this whatsoever. Completely at the mercy of Instagram/Facebook. Absolutely Terrible! Helloooo!!!!!!

November 22, 2019

Thank you for leaving this review. I'm sorry for the experience you've had with trying to connect the Instagram app, and that you haven't received further help or support with this. There are some potential workarounds that can sometimes help resolve issues like this, so I'd like to follow up with you via email to discuss this and troubleshoot further. Please keep an eye out for my email and reply directly back to me once you receive it. Looking forward to speaking with you soon! - Rae, Shopify Support

Wynter Wellness co.

facebook shop was approved but instagram was not not sure why this is have tried to contact but to no avail, does anyone know how to get past this?

November 22, 2019

Thank you for writing your review and I'm sorry to hear that you've suffered with this issue. We do see cases of merchants approved for Facebook but not Instagram, and as the latter does not provide any reason for their decision, it is difficult to know why a rejection occurs.

Shopify is unable to influence this decision, nor are we able to surface a reason for rejection. For this reason, we recommend reviewing Facebook's ecommerce policies to see if you can learn why your store might have been denied use of the feature, and then reporting a problem via the Instagram app. It can take some time to receive a response but as you will need Instagram to review the decision themselves, this is the best course of action we know of to try and have a rejection overturned. -Victor, Shopify Support

Vision-Worth

My products have yet to be approved after about a month of trying to get them approved for tagging On INSTAGRAM
So far I haven't had a whole lot of Blessings.
I wish you'd review my products and approve them for tagging!!!
My products are at visionworth.iowa

Uhlan

Very disappointed, FB shop was approved but IG has been denied, it makes no sense. It is now affecting my business, there is no way to reapply for the instagram app. Tried reaching out to support teams but have had no help or reply. *UPDATE - I MANAGED TO FIX THIS AFTER SPEAKING TO A SHOPIFY EXPERT - ADD SHOP FROM INSTAGRAM APP ITSELF, THIS GAINED ACCESS TO THE APP AND MY CATALOG WAS REVIEWED AND ACCEPTED!!

November 22, 2019

Thank you for sharing your review with us.

I know you've had trouble contacting Facebook and Instagram so far, but I wanted to ask if you've been able to try connecting with them using Facebook's Business Chat feature?

I’ve reached out to you via email as well to continue our conversation, hope to hear from you soon! -Lizzy, Shopify Support