Instagram channel

Instagram channel

by Shopify

Sell on Instagram by tagging products in your posts & stories.

Sincerely Ginger Jewelry

Just like most other people, I keep getting denied. My website is fully up and running, I have my store tied to Facebook, and everyone else I know that sells what I do are able to use this app.

July 16, 2019

Hi there,

Thank you for reaching out and providing this feedback on the Instagram sales channel.

The approval process for Instagram is slightly different than the approval process for Facebook, which means that approval on Facebook doesn't necessarily ensure that Instagram will also approve your store.

Despite this, I understand your frustration with being denied on Instagram, and I would really like to speak with you in more detail to go over some other options that might help this situation. With this in mind, I'm going to send you an email shortly so we can discuss things further. I look forward to hearing from you! - Rae, Shopify Support

HandbagBlonde

Same problem, denied immediately with no reason. My FB sales store wasn't denied so it doesn't make any sense.

No way to appeal, no reason given. Got to be the worst customer experience ever with a Shopify app. Doesn't FB hire UX designers to review this process?!

July 16, 2019

Hi there,

Thank you for reaching out and for providing feedback on your experience with this app to us. The approval process for the Facebook channel is an independent process from the Instagram one, which can lead to being accepted for the former and rejected for the latter, but I can appreciate that the lack of clarity on the reason for the denial is a real frustration.

The approvals process is not handled by Shopify, so we cannot influence the decision-making directly, however there might be a couple of other things we can try here. I will be sending you an email shortly with some suggestions, so please keep an eye out on your inbox if you'd like to go over this in more detail.

Thanks again and I look forward to discussing this with you further. -Victor, Shopify Support

Mr T's Bakery

OMG, please help me, I was denied straight away once I installed and connected with Facebook page, I can not delete and install again as well, what should I do now, my store in brisbane australia.

July 15, 2019

Hi there,

Thank you for getting in touch about this problem and for providing feedback to us. This can happen, unfortunately, with Instagram rejecting your store without providing a clear reason for doing so.

I'd like to speak with you in regards to trying to get your store approved on a second attempt, so I will be sending you an email so that we can talk about this in more detail. Please keep an eye on your email inbox and I hope we can discuss and work towards a solution together. -Victor, Shopify Support

Ella and Milk

hi guys ! please read this carefully

i have tired everything i could but the end i have disapproved my business to sell on Instagram and i have struggled to appeal and didn't worked anything, a guy called shanjoel ,he did the magic for me and get my business approved to sell on Instagram i'm now tagging products on my Instagram.

@TYPICAL_AGENCY this is his instagram account if you need him please contact him he will help you

i'm 100% recommend him

valley of the dawn

My shop was not approved for product tagging even though it follows all the rules and guidelines. My facebook was added and obviously works. I chose to work with shopify for this simple fact of selling on IG. Very unhappy with the amount I pay for this site but unable to use it for what was advertised

July 12, 2019

Hi there,

Thank you for getting in touch and for providing us with some feedback on the Instagram sales channel. The approvals process for Instagram is different from the Facebook one, meaning that approval for the latter does not guarantee approval for the former. I can appreciate the frustration in being denied use of the Instagram app, as often the reason for denial is not clear.

I'd love to speak with you further on this to discuss options moving forward, so I will be sending you an email shortly so that we can evaluate this matter in more detail. Please keep an eye out for my email in your inbox and I look forward to continuing this discussion with you. -Victor, Shopify Support

Rx Los Angeles

July 6, 2019

Thank you very much for sharing this feedback! The Instagram review process is separate to the process performed by Facebook. This is why some shops will see an approval on one, but not the other.

I'd like to work on this with you further. While it is up to Instagram to action the approval, there may be steps we can take to have them look again. I've reached out to you by email and look forward to hearing back. -Lizzy, Shopify Support

TunerFuse

Instagram immediately denied my request to tag my products. It's ridiculous, clearly no effort was put into looking into my shop. I'm unsure how I am ineligible when all I sell is shirts, stickers, and car accessories.

July 6, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review here! While Instagram has the final say on approvals there are sometimes ways to appeal the decision. Especially if you feel your products fit within the guidelines and your accounts meet the requirements. Have you been able to try reporting a problem in the Instagram app?

We’re always looking for ways to improve store owners' experience on Shopify, so I’ve followed up with you via email to discuss this further. I look forward to chatting with you. -Lizzy, Shopify Support

ItsAllYouBabyBoutique

I am sooooo thankful that I am not crazy and it's not just me that has received the "your store wasn't approved to sell on Instagram" message right after adding the sales channel. I've tried several times with the same results. Thankfully, after reading the reviews, it's not just my store and that it's on Instagram's end. (There's no way they could have reviewed my store with how quickly I was denied. And I sell baby products which are pretty straightforward and easy). Unfortunately, as others have mentioned, Instagram doesn't really have a customer support team so there's no real way to communicate with them to get this resolved which SUCKS!!! I may need to look at other websites, since I am not sure how well I can generate traffic to my shop without this feature on Instagram. It seems like it shouldn't be a big deal to not have this Instagram feature, but it is! Sadly, I just don't really get that much traffic on Facebook and have to always keep saying "link in bio" on the post is something I was hoping to get away from.

July 3, 2019

You're definitely not alone, and we recognize how frustrating this must be for you to have been deemed ineligible for product tagging despite meeting the requirements for the Instagram Channel. As you've seen, Instagram is responsible for this decision making and we do not have any say in that process. We do appreciate you sharing your experience with us - and I will definitely pass it along to our development team on your behalf. I've also reached out to you via email and would be happy to continue this conversation there if there's anything else you would like to add or work together on. Hope to hear back from you! -Emma, Shopify Support

#untrashy

I am one of the hundreds of people on here who have been deemed 'ineligible' despite meeting all criteria. The sales lost due to this glitch are in the thousands of dollars. My only option is to find another web store provider or continue to miss out on sales.
It's a shame the Shopify cannot put more pressure on IG to repair the issue and provide better support. I have reported my issue no less than 30 times to IG but received zero reply.

How about Shopify give us all free access to their site until this is fixed.. we're paying a service that is not being delivered in full! Very disappointed.

July 3, 2019

Thanks for submitting your feedback about your experience with the Instagram Sales Channel. I'm sorry to hear that it's not been a positive one. I know it's frustrating to be deemed ineligible, without explanation and I'll certainly pass this feedback along directly to our developers on your behalf. Our team is always working to improve the Shopify platform and our apps. I've also reached out to you by email and hope to continue the conversation there. -Emma, Shopify Support

Heather and Haggis

I originally rated this app 1 star (and my original review can be seen below), but I have updated my review after receiving some assistance from Shopify support. I am now selling and once approved, that process is easy, but I cannot rate more than 3 stars because there is so little information available if you run in to this rejection problem.

I was originally tagged as ineligible to sell on Instagram, but was accepted after unlinking my Facebook and Instagram pages, switching Instagram back to a personal profile, removing the tag "Designer" from my Facebook page (go to edit page > page info > about > category), then reconnecting everything as normal. I was approved and selling on Instagram within a couple of hours.

I think the problem is that there are several Facebook category tags which are flagged as a service, and Instagram doesn't allow the sale of services, only physical goods. So make sure that none of your Facebook category tags are services - "gift shop" and "home decor" work fine for me.

Hope that helps someone.

Original review - "I am yet another user who has been tagged as not eligible for Instagram product tagging within seconds of setting up the channel. I have been through Instagram's sparse information with a fine tooth comb and have found no reason for me to be denied.

A previous reviewer pointed out with how fast the rejection occurs it is probably a broken bot on Instagram's side, and I wholly appreciate that this is not your (Shopify's) decision, however when you know that this is a recurring and major problem you need to do something to apply pressure to Instagram on behalf of your customers and get it fixed asap. Continuing to partner with Instagram when they repeatedly let you down just damages your brand."

June 30, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to share you thoughts with us!

While the approval system is determined by Instagram, we’re always working to improve the user experience on Shopify.

I’ve followed up with you via email to log your feedback for our platform team and chat about this in more detail. I look forward to speaking soon! -Lizzy, Shopify Support