Instagram channel

Instagram channel

by Shopify

Sell on Instagram by tagging products in your posts & stories.

JUST BREATHE.

I have been trying for over 6 months to get this to work. I feel like I could really boost sales by selling on IG and I've heard a lot of feed back from millenials that they can't be bothered with "shopping through the link in bio" anymore. I realize more and more that so many people have this issue. Is it because of Shopify and the IG accounts that working are using another platform? Can you please send me the email with suggestions like the many who have left this same review before me. Thanks in advance. Sincerely, Really Frustrated

May 29, 2019

Thank you for sharing this feedback. Instagram requires each store go to through a strict review process, which is why some accounts gain access and others don't.

That being said, I have reached out to you by email to chat about exactly what's not working for you, and whether we might be able to offer some suggestions that help! I hope to hear from you soon. -Lizzy, Shopify Support

Aphrodite Jewellery

After repeated attempts to Instagram about my ineligibility to tag my products, I'm considering abandoning Shopify.
Obviously there is a problem here that they don't want admit.
Numerous people here are experiencing the same issue.

May 27, 2019

Hey there, thanks for taking the time to clarify this issue you're having with the Instagram app. Currently, Shopify doesn't have any control over this decision, and this needs to be appealed with Instagram. I’ve followed up with you via email with some suggestions, and to log your feedback for our development team. -Lauren, Shopify Support

Family Function LLC

Unusable. Please fix this Shopify! Even after diving into how to connect to facebook there are fundamental issues with how the facebook catalog is set up which make it impossible for this app to work.

May 24, 2019

Thanks for sharing your feedback! We work hard to improve our app functionality, so we’d like to look into this further for you. The Instagram Channel does require you to connect with the Facebook product catalogue generated via the Facebook Channel on your store. I’ve sent out to an email to you to assist further! - JP, Shopify Support

Family Photo Prop Shop

They keep denying me eligibility to tag my products but when I review their commerce policy I'm in compliance. I've appealed per their instructions (file an in-app problem report and cross your fingers someone reads it) and still got denied.

Still hoping and praying and reporting the problem but with no direct line of communication and no explanation why I'm getting denied even though my shop meets their commerce guidelines, I'm at a loss. Of course, there really isn't a comparable app out there to Instagram, so I'm kind of screwed that they refuse to acknowledge problems or attempt, in any substantive way, to mitigate them. They just list a CYA "we can't read or review every problem" disclaimer. Thanks, Instagram!

I'm in compliance, they're still denying me and I just want an answer why.

May 24, 2019

Hey there, thanks for taking the time to share this feedback with us! At this time, Instagram doesn't provide Shopify or our merchants with insights about why stores have been denied. That said, we're always working to improve this app. I've followed up with you via email with some suggestions, and to log your feedback for our development team. -Lauren, Shopify Support

Vik VarWoo, LLC.

I deleted the app for the third time because as so many have mentioned, IG keeps saying my shop isn't eligible. This is maddening and the main reason I moved to Shopify!

UPDATED 5/23/19
I reached out to Facebook. After reviewing, they came back with basically the same thing - make sure you've checked all these steps (which I have) & there's really nothing we can do for you. Here's their response:
I hope this finds you on a good day! From further researching, we were able to discover that this Instagram is correctly unable to be set up for Instagram Shopping. I do wish there was more information in which I obtained in regards to this, however what I can provide for you is how to further go about this to have your Instagram approved for shop. Below are a listing of things to ensure is reflected upon your account to have the opportunity to later have your account eligible.

The Instagram account should meet the following criteria to be approved for Instagram Shopping:

1) Comply with our merchant agreement and commerce policies.
2) Have an Instagram Business Profile.
3) Have a connected Facebook Page.
4) Primarily sell physical goods.
5) Have your Business Profile connected to a Facebook Catalog.

Please go through the link https://help.instagram.com/1627591223954487 for further help.

Due to this being the standing decision, I will be closing this case as complete. I appreciate your understanding and willingness to work with me through this process!

As I understand the importance of this to you, what I would like to do is allow you to share these thoughts with us directly in regards to the Instagram Shop process. We have a designated team that reviews the feedback that we receive, and we do implement the changes and or requests that are made gradually. Here is the link if you wish to share your thoughts on the Platform in its current state. https://www.facebook.com/help/contact/268228883256323

This really sucks! Is there any other way we can get our products tagged on IG?

May 22, 2019

Thank you for this feedback. I totally understand how frustrating this is for you. There is currently no appeal process to get you into an approved state. We are not able to surface the reason for their rejection. This is a decision on the Instagram side of things. We hope that in time, Instagram will come to reassess this and review your store again.

I have sent you an email to give you the opportunity to provide any further feedback you may have. -Bo

ShineFree

Does not work at all, shopify was complaining about how Mailchimp offers poor customer service for apps. Shopify, it is time to look in the mirror.

May 22, 2019

Thank you for sharing this feedback. We work to be able to support our store owners, so I would like to talk more to see how we may be able to help here. I’ve reached out via email and look forward to hearing from you. -Lizzy, Shopify Support

Samson & Charlie

The App works fine and my store is connected. However, has ANYONE sold 1 item via Instagram? 6 Months 3,000 sales later and no one has bought by the in app option ?

Thaikila

Just noticed this week, i cannot do a product tagging on Instagram, please fix this. everything is connected and sync. But in Instagram App, there is no option to "tag product" i don't think this issue come from my side.

May 24, 2019

Hi there, thank you for providing feedback on the Instagram app! I know how important it can be for a business to reach its customers through social media channels like Instagram, so I've sent along an email to help you further on this. - JP, Shopify Support

Australia-Bargains

This reject my store straightaway without review my website. Contact Shopify to help they says that they check my website and every is fine, facebook was approve my website, they do not know why Instagram was not. They tell me to contact with Instagram service, I sent many reports, no one reply. Do not wast your time here!

May 24, 2019

Thanks for sharing this feedback on our Instagram app. Contacting Instagram is definitely the right step to take at this time. Currently, approval by Instagram is a requirement for the channel, but feedback like this helps us improve our apps and how we communicate and best assist merchants like yourself. I’ve followed up with you via email to log your feedback with the Shopify development team. - JP, Shopify Support

KEMBALI COLLECTIVE

I was approved for shopping for a year and suddenly they took away my tags and shopping page, everything is still connected and approved but i cant talk to anyone about their App's bug that messed up my page.

May 21, 2019

Thank you for sharing this feedback with us. Have you been able to report this under "Report a problem" within the Instagram app? This is a feature that Instagram will need to look into re-enabling for you. That being said, we’re always looking to improve and build on our apps. I'd like to share your feedback with our development team, so I've followed up with you via email as well. -Lizzy, Shopify Support