Instagram channel

Instagram channel

by Shopify

Sell on Instagram by tagging products in your posts & stories.

Aproverb

its trash it doesn't work. I tried over and over and over again and nothing work. this is the only reason I went to Shopify this app is straight trash.

July 31, 2019

Thanks for proving this feedback on the Instagram app. I'm sorry to hear about your experience. I can understand how frustrating it is to not be able to use a feature that was a main factor in you choosing to use our platform for your business.

I would really like to speak with you further so that we can discuss this in more detail. I'm going to reach out to you via email shortly, so please keep an eye out for this. I look forward to hearing back from you! - Rae, Shopify Support

KBSG

Denied immediately with no valid explanation or suggestions to resolve. Highly disappointed as this feature was one of the main reasons I switched to Shopify in the first place.

July 31, 2019

Thank you for reaching out with this feedback. I completely understand your frustration with being immediately denied use of the Instagram app, especially as this was a main factor of switching your business over to Shopify.

While Instagram is responsible for reviewing and approving stores on their end, I would like to help support you further and hear more about your experience. I will send you an email shortly so that we can discuss this in more detail. Looking forward to hearing back from you! - Rae, Shopify Support

MillieMayfield

Completely JOKE! Frustration and Many valuable hours wasted! I would NOT recommend the stress. Thank God I'm not the only one, I'm really frustrated at this point. When I integrated the Instagram app with my Shopify store it said that it would take a few days to know if my store was eligible or not for product tagging on the platform, however my store was denied within a very short period of time. My store meets all Instagram's criteria but it was still denied. Although my store is successfully integrated with Facebook. I have even spoken with Shopify Guru's & Facebook support and NO ONE can see what the issue is. I depend greatly on Instagram traffic for my business since this form of marketing works best for my niche. I'm really disappointed with the ineffectiveness of this sales channel. I have had MANY boutique friends that were approved right away. Please help!.......

July 31, 2019

Thank you for sharing this feedback. I'm sorry to hear that you weren't approved by Instagram to use their app, and I understand the frustration that this has caused.

I'm going to follow up with you via email so that we can discuss your experience in more detail, and so that I can offer some additional information and troubleshooting options. Looking forward to connecting with you and helping further! - Rae, Shopify Support

Lorraine Tuson

There are a growing number of Shopify users that have not been approved by Instagram. I have followed all of the guidelines and there is no established review process for being 'unapproved'. Shopify needs to support their users as our businesses depend on EVERY sales channel.

July 23, 2019

Thank you for posting this feedback and sharing your thoughts on the review process for the Instagram app. Instagram currently handles all of these reviews on their end, and they unfortunately don't share any details with us about their processes.

However, I absolutely understand your frustration with this, and I would like to support you further as best as I can. I'm going to follow up with you via email so that we can discuss your experience in more detail. I hope to hear from you soon! - Rae, Shopify Support

dogaccessories.pet

This app shouldn't exist if it doesn't do what it says. What's the point of having an instagram app that can't import your products on instagram because instagram as a third-party company doesn't comply?

July 17, 2019

Thank you for getting in touch and for leaving your feedback. I can appreciate the frustration in not being approved for Instagram's product tagging feature, as well as the lack of clarity with regards to the reason for denial. Whilst a large portion of merchants who want to use the feature are able to do so, there are unfortunately a significant number who are denied access.

There might be a couple of things you could try to get approved on a second attempt, so I will be sending you an email with some more details. Please keep an eye out for my email and I look forward to hopefully discussing this further with you. -Victor, Shopify Support

David Crowder

Haven't been able to sync products with the app. Some people say to not open the app and to wait longer and I've had no luck. Shopify, this is a huge misstep if you cannot correct this integration with Instagram. We service artists that are very frustrated they cannot connect their Shopify store to their Instagram Account.

July 16, 2019

Thank you for sharing this feedback! I'd like to help get everything set up, to remove the frustration for you and your clients.

To be able to see products for tagging on Instagram, they'll need to be synced with your Facebook page. This page here explains the steps for setting that up! - http://bit.ly/2tYBAwl

I will also follow up with you via email shortly in case you needed any further assistance on this. -Lizzy, Shopify Support

Beauty Babes Collection

Thank God I'm not the only one, I'm really frustrated at this point. When I integrated the Instagram app with my Shopify store it said that it would take a few days to know if my store was eligible or not for product tagging on the platform, however my store was denied within a very short period of time. My store meets all Instagram's criteria but it was still denied. Although my store is successfully integrated with Facebook, I depend greatly on Instagram traffic for my business since this form of marketing works best for my niche. I'm really disappointed with the ineffectiveness of this sales channel, I'm unable to even remove the Instagram linked account. Please help!.......

July 16, 2019

Thank you for sharing this feedback with us. I'm sorry to hear that your experience with the app has been frustrating so far. If you would like to remove it, this page explains how - http://bit.ly/2xOBQ2T.

That being said, I have seen merchants receive an approval after reporting a problem in the Instagram app and keeping the channel connected. I’ve reached out to you via email so that we can chat about this further, hope to hear from you soon! -Lizzy, Shopify Support

MoBebe

denied immediately with no reason

July 16, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. Have you been able to try reporting a problem within the Instagram app since installing the sales channel on your store?

While Instagram are in charge of the approvals to sell on their platform, at Shopify we’re always working to improve the way our apps work! I’ve followed up with you via email to discuss further and share your feedback with our development team. -Lizzy, Shopify Support

Indigodragonfly

Same issue as others. My shop was instantly denied. My FB shop was not. I'm in the right region. I'm selling products not on the banned list. Instagram has no appeal process. This was my one and only reason for switching to Shopify. Very frustrated.

Hi there,

Thank you for posting this review and sharing your feedback on the Instagram sales channel. I'm sorry to hear that your store was instantly denied by Instagram, and I completely understand the frustration this has caused.

The review processes on Instagram and Facebook do differ slightly, which means that approval on Facebook doesn't always equal approval on Instagram, unfortunately. However, I would really like to speak with you further so that we can go over some resources that might help resolve this situation. So that we can discuss this, I'm going to send you an email about this shortly, and I look forward to hearing back from you. - Rae, Shopify Support

Sincerely Ginger Jewelry

Just like most other people, I keep getting denied. My website is fully up and running, I have my store tied to Facebook, and everyone else I know that sells what I do are able to use this app.

Hi there,

Thank you for reaching out and providing this feedback on the Instagram sales channel.

The approval process for Instagram is slightly different than the approval process for Facebook, which means that approval on Facebook doesn't necessarily ensure that Instagram will also approve your store.

Despite this, I understand your frustration with being denied on Instagram, and I would really like to speak with you in more detail to go over some other options that might help this situation. With this in mind, I'm going to send you an email shortly so we can discuss things further. I look forward to hearing from you! - Rae, Shopify Support