Instagram channel

Instagram channel

by Shopify

Sell on Instagram by tagging products in your posts & stories.

MyShoePlace

My store is NOT getting APPROVED. I've uninstalled and reinstalled this channel more than 6 times now. I have no idea why I'm getting rejected.
I started my store because I thought I could leverage IG to get sales. And now this happens. Can I get some support from Shopify?

January 21, 2020

Thank you for sharing this feedback with us! Instagram does have a strict list of requirements, and it can sometimes be easy to miss one or two. You can find them here, if you'd like to take a look! (http://bit.ly/37krjMQ)

You will also need to be accessing the Instagram app from a location that is supported by the feature, as they will reject the account or disable the feature if they track the app being using in an unsupported location. You can find the list of supported locations here. (http://bit.ly/2RX7INW)

I will be following up with you via email to offer further assistance on this as well, but wanted to share a link to our support center where you can reach out to our teams right away in future! (https://help.shopify.com/questions) -Lizzy, Shopify Support

Elizabeth's Classics

To me, since they say it is ineligible with no explanation, and we have normal products...nothing against the terms and conditions...I have to say it is worthless...

January 21, 2020

Thank you for taking the time to leave this review for us! I'm sorry to hear that this app wasn't helpful for your business at this time.

When Instagram denies a store access to the tagging feature there are sometimes ways to appeal the decision. Have you tried reporting a problem within the app at all?

I’ve followed up with you via email to log your feedback for our development team and discuss further options for appealing the rejection. I look forward to speaking more soon! -Lizzy, Shopify Support

EKTYV

SCrap. Can't add my store & no reason available !!! morons. Not eligible ?? Who not eligible ?????? If you can't add my store, at least give a reason so i work on it. time wasters.

January 21, 2020

Thank you for sharing this feedback with us.

Our team at Shopify doesn't have direct access to Instagram's review process. That being said we have recently been able to work with their team to develop a selection of different messages if your account isn't approved. This will help to narrow down what we might need to work on to get the accounts connected!

I’ve reached out to you via email to go over this in more detail, hope to hear from you soon! -Lizzy, Shopify Support

Refiner's Love

I've been denied many times, trying to connect this app to my shopify. Facebook approved me immediately but, facebook is not where I want me business to be seen. I even tried to contact instagram and it has literally been more than 6 months with no response. This actually hurts my business because I get more responses on instagram business wise with other things. I would like to know how I can fix this today if possible.

January 18, 2020

Thank you for taking the time to share this review with us. I completely understand how Instagram is a powerful tool for connecting with your customers. While we don't have direct control over the review process, I might be able to offer some advice to help! I noticed that you mentioned you've already tried to contact Instagram. This is a great first step.

The next thing I suggest is checking on their requirements to make sure you haven't missed one or two while getting your store ready! (http://bit.ly/31tEvfM)

Facebook and Instagram use two different review systems, which means that you may see an approval on one and not the other. That being said, I would like to continue our conversation so I've sent you an email. I look forward to hearing back!

I also wanted to share a link to our live support teams with you, incase you need urgent help in the future (http://bit.ly/2p5irtX). Reaching out there will connect you with our teams much faster! -Lizzy, Shopify Support

Metamorphosis Lashes Canada

I am very frustrated with the fact that I have paid for Shopify (although, no one is really to blame - however the lack of support sucks). I've looked through threads, trying to troubleshoot the disapproval of my shoppable links via IG. Without any success.

January 18, 2020

Thanks for leaving a review. I'm sorry to hear that you haven't felt supported by our Support Team, and that you're having trouble with obtaining shoppable links for your Instagram products. The review process is conducted entirely by Instagram, and because don't have access to information regarding why merchants may be approved this issue is outside our scope of support. Nevertheless, I've gone ahead and sent you an email with additional questions and information to see how I might be of help. Hope to hear from you soon! - Ryder, Shopify Support

Dropilly

No support, app is glitching with everyone, and facebook support team does not help at all! terrible in all ways!

January 9, 2020

Thank you for writing your review and I'm sorry to hear that you've been having problems with the Instagram sales channel. I'd like to find out more on the issues you've been having to see if I can help resolve them, so I will be sending you an email shortly to touch base with you on this. Please look out for this email and get back to me there if you require further assistance on this issue. -Victor, Shopify Support

eboniwatch

sssdsfddsfdsfsdfsdfsdffwefwesdfsefsefesfesgsdgswfewaasdasjdhashduawhkdlahdkuawdhkauwhduawyalwfhaufhwiwahfa
suck as helll

Soap Cage

I have tried several times to use this app for instagram shopping but our instagram is ineligible even though our shop qualifies for both google shopping and facebook shopping. I contacted support for instagram and facebook several weeks ago with no reply. I cannot fathom what policy we are breaking when we pass both google and facebook shop review.

January 9, 2020

I'm sorry to hear that you've had this experience and I can appreciate the frustration felt in being rejected for use of the Instagram sales channel on multiple occasions. Reasons for rejection are rarely given and we are unable to find out any more context on a decision on a merchant's behalf, nor can we influence Instagram's decision in any way.

There are some potential workarounds that other merchants have found some success with, so I will be sending you an email shortly with more details. Please reply to me there if you have more questions. -Victor, Shopify Support

The Furry Feline

I received a message saying that I can't tag my products. I don't understand why and have looked around. Can anyone help me?

January 3, 2020

Thank you for taking the time to post a review here. I'd be happy to help you look into your connection to Instagram and offer some advice on how to start tagging.

My first suggestion is to report a problem within the Instagram app. In the report you can explain more about you and your business. Many stores find that some time after doing this, they see their approval status change.

I will also be reaching out to you via email so that we can chat in more detail! -Lizzy, Shopify Support

thetrendygurl

This installation is a joke, Install it and get denied in Seconds! There's no way to contact anyone. Shopify can't explain why you get denied. Our Facebook Shop already approved and have sales from it. This whole intergration is a joke

January 3, 2020

Thank you for sharing your review with us. I understand how it can be frustrating not to have a clear reason for why your store hasn't been approved to tag on Instagram. While you're correct in that we, at Shopify, don't have access to the review process we have worked with merchants who've seen their rejection changed to an approval!

One factor that can affect a store is not having an active Instagram account, or a new Instagram page without many posts. To rectify this you just need to start posting more consistently and try the connection again.

I’ve reached out to you via email as well so that we can continue our discussion. I hope to hear from you soon! -Lizzy, Shopify Support