Instagram channel

Instagram channel

by Shopify

Sell on Instagram by tagging products in your posts & stories.

Architectural Decor

Not easy to install, as another poster below says, search these reviews for one by Vinyl Decal Shop that gives step by step guide to getting it to work. Shopify verified us in under 12 hours.

Thanks Vinyl Decal Shop

Vinyl Decal Shop Inc

--Update--
I followed these instructions and finally got approved. My facebook shop was listed under a "Service" which Instagram doesn't allow, so I'm wondering if that is why I kept getting denied. I changed both instagram and facebook to Ecommerce Website and I got approved. Still not giving it 5 stars because Instagram has 0 support. This is not Shopifys fault.

Instructions:
1. Remove the Instagram channel from Shopify and clear your caches as well as browsing history;
2. Unlink the connection between your Facebook and Instagram pages in the Instagram app;
3. Switch back to a personal account in the Instagram app;
4. Delete the Instagram app and reinstall;
5. Log back into Instagram;
6. Do not relink your Facebook page and do not switch back to a business profile;
7. Go to your Facebook business page and disconnect the Instagram account from your settings;
8. Go to your business page on Facebook and under the settings tab, make sure your not a service(we used commerce website), reconnect your Instagram account to Facebook;
9. Follow the prompt to switch your Instagram account to a business account;
10. Once everything is connected, go back to Shopify and install the Instagram sales channel; and We were approved the next morning

--End Update--

Tangerine Wall

Es una magnífica aplicación pero he dedicado muchas horas a configurar mi cuenta de Facebook, en la que ya tenía tienda, para que Instagram la aceptase. Hay que sincronizar Shopify con el nuevo pixel que genera tu catálogo, cambiar las restricciones a los países... y todo esto debía explicarlo Shopify en una información paso por paso.
Por cierto, si cuando la instalas sale una interrogación en Facebook donde debería estar tu logo, no te la aceptará.

Goody Go Bags

When I first installed the app, I received this message:

"Your store isn’t eligible for Instagram product tagging.
Instagram reviewed your store and decided that it’s not currently eligible for Instagram product tagging. View Instagram’s commerce policy or contact Instagram to learn more." -- with a link to "View Instagram's Commerce Policy".

I clicked the link, which took me to a FB site. By the time I finished skimming through that info (a couple minutes?), the message had changed to:

"Instagram is reviewing your store.
It usually takes a few days to hear back. Some stores are reviewed in more detail and take longer."

My Instagram account is brand new, with just one post, but my FB page is well-established. It seems possible that there's a backlog due to recent publicity AND that accounts might be automatically prohibited...until they're not??? I'll adjust my ratings depending on things for from here.

Six Row

Like everyone else, we struggled with getting the Instagram sales channel to work for about a month without any success until this evening. We tried pretty much everything including the suggestions made by Copan Coffee Roasters and Nikitabyniki elsewhere in these reviews.

Assuming you don't have any country and age restrictions on your business page, chances are the problem is that Instagram is not recognizing the feed that Shopify generates. You'll find this feed in the catalog section in Facebook business manager (i.e., under the title "products for xyzstore.myshopify.com").

This is what we did to FINALLY get it to work:

(1) Remove the Instagram channel from Shopify and clear your caches as well as browsing history;
(2) Unlink the connection between your Facebook and Instagram pages in the Instagram app;
(3) Switch back to a personal account in the Instagram app;
(4) Delete the Instagram app and reinstall;
(5) Log back into Instagram;
(6) Do not relink your Facebook page and do not switch back to a business profile;
(7) Go to your Facebook business page and disconnect the Instagram account from your settings;
(8) Create a data feed for Facebook -- we used the free app "Facebook Feed - Product Feeds Made Easy" by Wyred Up (we are not affiliated with this app and it's likely that any app that can generate a data feed for Facebook will also work);
(9) Make sure you designate a Google shopping category if you use the Wyred Up app (it's in the edit feed settings section of the app);
(10) Go to Facebook business manager and create a new catalog;
(11) Use the data feed option to create the new catalog and when prompted to do so, copy the location of the feed from the app into the Facebook feed setup;
(12) Go to Catalog Manager and make sure that the new catalog you just created is "owned by" your page/business;
(13) Go to your business page on Facebook and under the settings tab, reconnect your Instagram account to Facebook;
(14) Follow the prompt to switch your Instagram account to a business account;
(15) Go to your Facebook business settings and click on "Catalogs" under the Data Sources section;
(16) You should now see the new catalog that you created listed under your page;
(17) On the far right-hand side, click on "Associate Sources" and connect your store's pixel to this new catalog;
(18) Once everything is connected, go back to Shopify and install the Instagram sales channel; and
(19) If you're like us, you should get a message that Instagram is reviewing your store. It took less than two hours for us to get approved.

Hopefully, these instructions are clear enough and you'll find them to be helpful. Good luck!

Canine Habits

FINALLY was able to fix the issue that everyone seems to be having. I'm still rating this app only 3 stars since it is not very user-friendly to get set up and the customer service from Instagram is nonexistent.

If you are getting the alert that your Instagram doesn't qualify despite the fact that you're not breaking any of their rules, try this.

1. Remove the Instagram sales channel
2. Go to your business Facebook page (business manager page) and click on "Settings"
3. Under the "General" settings tab, check your "Country Restrictions" and "Age restrictions". You want to make sure these say "Page is visible to everyone".
- I had my page set to only be visible to certain countries, and when I changed this I was finally able to get my Instagram approved -

4. Reinstall the Instagram sales channel (and make sure your Facebook sales channel is connected and approved)
5. Reconnect Instagram

Seriously such a simple and obvious answer once you know about it, I don't know why it would be so difficult for Instagram to let people know this is why their accounts aren't being validated.

Pennypieces Co

Great app for marketing your business and engaging with the millions of users. However, it is not perfect and is flawed and buggy if you are a business owner and trying to tag your products. Had to wait weeks for the support team to fix their bug which was not even fixed properly as some products were still made unavailable to tag. Reaching out to the support staff a second time for the same issue.

Erstwilder At Mn Jewellery Design

It's great... BUT limited

So it works perfectly for me, and great to link products pictured directly to my store... however, it doesn't work...

**with videos
**with 3rd party instagram app schedulers (I schedule all my stuff on tailwinds /later etc)
**and obviously when I share that photo to facebook the data and linking doesnt' follow.
**"shop my feed" - once your feed hits shopify, you still have to go into that app and plug in the data

So... i'm not actually using that often.

Vaultse7en

if you are still having trouble, follow these steps and it should work!

first and foremost, every single problem you guys were having, I had them all SO these steps should fix your problem.

1. Make sure your facebook shop gets approved! if it hasn't yet, be patient and let facebook review your shop and ultimately approve it. This step is important!

2. after facebook approves your store, and is up in running on shopify follow the next steps!

2.Make sure your facebook account is connected to your instagram. This is the main reason why my instagram shop kept saying that "I need a business account in order to tag products". i went on instagram and under settings i clicked on linked accounts. My instagram was connected to my personal account instead of my business account. The way i fixed this was first: sign out of my personal account and signed into my business account on my facebook app (ON MY PHONE) Second: I went on instagram and switched back to a personal account. Third: I switched back to a business account on instagram and in the process chose my business (Facebook) account to link with. After this headache, I went back on shopify and re-installed the instagram app.

3. After this confusing process, my instagram is finally under review. MAKE sure to change your business settings and facebook settings on the instagram app NOT on Facebook.

I gave this app a 3 star rating because it should give you clear instruction on how to fix these problems that you encounter. I hope this helps!

2 Next