Instagram channel

Instagram channel

by Shopify

Sell on Instagram by tagging products in your posts & stories.

Hey Rube

EXTREMELY disappointed with this. I have been trying to sell on Instagram and they keep disapproving me. The fact that there is NO support for Instagram is also extremely disappointing. This truly needs to be fixed ASAP. Selling on Instagram is a big part to all businesses nowadays and this is not fair.

February 17, 2020

Thank you for sharing this feedback with us. I'm very sorry that you've had a frustrating experience with the app so far. While you're right that Instagram doesn't have any live support channels you can still submit an appeal by reporting a problem within the app!

I will also be following up with you via email to offer any further suggestions that might apply to your account. -Lizzy, Shopify Support

Sassafras Boutique

I have gone circles with this app trying to get it to allow me to tag my product on Instagram. I have no issues with being able to sell on Facebook, and don't understand why I keep getting this error message.

"You need to connect a product catalog to your Instagram account. Learn more about connecting a catalog to Instagram."

I have thought about switching my website due to not being able to sell on Instagram (though I meet their criteria) which is a huge loss for my business. So disappointing! This needs to be fixed asap!

February 13, 2020

Thank you for sharing this review. It sounds like you've had a really difficult time with setting up this app and connecting your product catalog, so I wanted to check to make sure you've followed these steps (http://bit.ly/2uId7PN) to manage your product catalog on Instagram's end. Doing this will ensure your product catalog from Shopify is connected to Instagram, so this can help resolve the error you received. I'm going to send you an email to make sure this goes smoothly. If you have any questions or concerns, please reply directly to my email for more assistance. Thanks! - Rae, Shopify Support

Arrow Folk

horrible - I've installed, deleted re-installed, read forums, everything I can seemingly do on my end - I cannot get my products to show on my IG without them saying In Review. It's been over a year, and no change.

February 13, 2020

Thanks for reaching out with this feedback. I'd really like to check out your account further to investigate the products that are stuck in review, so I'm going to contact you via email and send you some troubleshooting steps. Once you receive this email, please make sure to reply directly back to me so that I can provide more assistance with this. Looking forward to speaking with you soon! - Rae, Shopify Support

Key Element Skincare

The app tells me that my Facebook and Instagram are now connected. Then it gives me an error message that I'm not the admin on the Facebook page I'm trying to connect to. Really? I sent all the screenshots to Shopify tech support person and apparently everything is connected properly. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app numerous times, but the error message persists.

P.S. This is an update. I was hoping that after seeing a 1-star review someone would respond and help me figure this out. But apparently you guys are past the point of caring. What a bunch of a-holes.

February 11, 2020

I wanted to start by thanking for you leaving this review. We do aim to reply as soon as possible to reviews requiring assistance, however we aren't always able to get back to them right away. I can see though that you were able to speak to our live support, who you can always connect with here (https://help.shopify.com/questions).

It can be tricky for us to troubleshoot in depth if there is an issue with either your Facebook or Instagram account, however we will do what we can to get you set up! I’ve followed up with you via email to log your feedback for our development team and see what I can do to help out. -Lizzy, Shopify Support

egosphere sunglasses

no tenemos idea del porque instagram no enlaza nuestra tienda para poder etiquetar productos muy mal shopify deberian de checar estos problemas

Rude Rainbow

Instagram/Facebook should be ashamed of themselves! And the same to Shopify for allowing such a terrible app to be available! And then when asking for help they themselves do not even have a contact person to help in these situations.

Take a look at these reviews! What a disaster!

I have not been approved for Instagram again and again because I am apparently a "dating site"! Which is so wrong but there is NOTHING you can do about it.

Instagram is one of the main sales channels most of these people go into business. And then after months and years of starting a business they are instantly denied due to a computer making the wrong decision!

Something needs to be done!

February 6, 2020

Thank you for sharing this feedback! Facebook does have a very strict policy in regards to the types of products it allows to be posted. This can then filter through to Instagram, as your products will need to be approved through Facebook to appear in Instagram.

That being said, if your products are being rejected you can appeal them using this support form here (http://bit.ly/2S8LcBD). Make sure you're logged in to your Facebook account when accessing that link!

Once your products are approved through Facebook they will be passed on to your Instagram channel. I will be following up with you via email to make sure that your Instagram account is connected okay and that the products will pass through there without issue. -Lizzy, Shopify Support

HAPPY IN BOLD

Apparently EVERYONE is getting this as message as well? :
"Instagram Shopping isn’t available for your account. Learn more about set up requirements."

I followed up and read EVERY SINGLE THING I could that they recommended and cannot find a SINGLE reason why we are "disapproved". None. Good luck figuring out how to ACTUALLY appeal the decision as well. Useless.

Not surprised with the amount of 1 Star reviews. Seriously disappointed.

February 6, 2020

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review! I completely understand how it can be frustrating not to have a clear reason as to why your Instagram account hasn't been approved. We do now have more reasons displayed to show why an account hasn't been accepted.

This message in particular refers to some aspect of the account not being fully set up. I know you've gone over the requirements and checked to make sure your account lines up, but I'd be happy to give your settings a second set of eyes to make sure!

I’ve followed up with you via email so that we can do just that. I look forward to chatting more soon. -Lizzy, Shopify Support

Fairfield London

It doesn't work. when the customer selects a product and clicks to view on the website from Instagram; it redirected to a Facebook error page.

February 6, 2020

Thank you for sharing this feedback with us! Sometimes when an account is first set up there can be a linking issue between your Instagram page and Facebook. Often contacting Facebook, or giving the connection a few days will solve this.

That being said, I will be following up with you via email to check how your connection is doing and to make sure that you're able to direct customer to the right spot! -Lizzy, Shopify Support

For Beloved Girl

I also didn't get approved. After I read the reviews they all have an issue like me. I'm wondering why Shopify or Instagram did not fix this, hmm.

Update my review:
they still didn't fix this? I'll be back when they already fix this :))

January 21, 2020

Thank you for sharing this review with us!

I completely understand how it can be frustrating not to see an approval when hoping to use the Instagram tagging features. While ultimately, Instagram are responsible for the review process, we hope to support Shopify business owners and get as many merchants as possible tagging on the platform! That being said, there are several restrictions and requirements to be able to use Instagram Shopping. You can find them here (http://bit.ly/2RX7INW).

I will also be following up with you via email to log your feedback for our development team and look over your store with you to see what else I can suggest! -Lizzy, Shopify Support

BeeDyferent

I'm not getting approved for the 9th time. It's really getting frustrating and my store will mainly depend on IG to sell.

January 21, 2020

Thank you for very much for this feedback!

I'm sorry to hear that you've been having difficulty setting up Instagram tagging. I would like to go over your account to help and see if there is anything we can do to get you set up!

I’ve followed up with you via email to provide further assistance on this. -Lizzy, Shopify Support