Instagram channel

Instagram channel

by Shopify

Sell on Instagram by tagging products in your posts & stories.

Quem Já Tem?

Our catalog was approved both on Facebook AND Instagram and it worked for a while and all of a sudden all of our products disappeared from both platforms! What's going on???

November 23, 2019

Thanks for leaving a review. I'm sorry to hear about the trouble you've been experiencing with you Facebook and Instagram apps. Instagram populates the products directly from the Facebook feed, so we'll need to sort that out in order for your products to appear on Instagram.

I see that you've been in touch with our team earlier this week, but I've also gone ahead and sent you an email to learn more about what you're experiencing with the Facebook Shop app. Once I have more details, I'd be happy to work together through troubleshooting steps to resolve this issue for you. Hope to hear from you soon! - Ryder, Shopify Support

Saints of Speed

Today is November 18th 2019 and there's over 420 1 star reviews for this right now. Apparently something has glitched out and many Shopify users are not able to connect for some unknown reason. No way to get support or help on this whatsoever. Completely at the mercy of Instagram/Facebook. Absolutely Terrible! Helloooo!!!!!!

November 22, 2019

Thank you for leaving this review. I'm sorry for the experience you've had with trying to connect the Instagram app, and that you haven't received further help or support with this. There are some potential workarounds that can sometimes help resolve issues like this, so I'd like to follow up with you via email to discuss this and troubleshoot further. Please keep an eye out for my email and reply directly back to me once you receive it. Looking forward to speaking with you soon! - Rae, Shopify Support

Wynter Wellness co.

facebook shop was approved but instagram was not not sure why this is have tried to contact but to no avail, does anyone know how to get past this?

November 22, 2019

Thank you for writing your review and I'm sorry to hear that you've suffered with this issue. We do see cases of merchants approved for Facebook but not Instagram, and as the latter does not provide any reason for their decision, it is difficult to know why a rejection occurs.

Shopify is unable to influence this decision, nor are we able to surface a reason for rejection. For this reason, we recommend reviewing Facebook's ecommerce policies to see if you can learn why your store might have been denied use of the feature, and then reporting a problem via the Instagram app. It can take some time to receive a response but as you will need Instagram to review the decision themselves, this is the best course of action we know of to try and have a rejection overturned. -Victor, Shopify Support

EVER-MART INC

My experience is the same as a'lot of other users here.

Although I've listed my products just fine on Facebook, Instagram will not grant me permission to sell on their platform.

Why?

I'm not really sure. They do not provide any answers as to why. I've also sent several emails for some help. Never got a response from any of the emails I've sent over the past 3 months.

Based on all that. I rate 1 star, would vote 0 if I could!

November 22, 2019

Thank you for sharing this feedback with us.

Facebook and Instagram perform separate reviews, so it can turn out that a store will be approved to sell on Facebook, but not Instagram. That being said, when this does happen you can reach out for a re-review.

I know you've tried emailing already, but Instagram can take time to act upon contact. Very often you won't hear back, but if you've left the Instagram channel connected in Shopify it may become approved!

I will also be following up with you via email in case I can provide any further assistance on this. -Lizzy, Shopify Support

cupsandcayks-

My insta shop has not been approved but my FB shop is working fine. The help button on Insta is useless. the entire thing is just frustrating.

November 21, 2019

Thank you for leaving this review. I'm sorry to hear that your store wasn't approved to sell on Instagram, and I understand the frustration this has caused. Being approved to sell on Facebook does not necessarily mean that a business will also be approved to sell on Instagram, as each of these channels have separate policies and review processes.

However, I'd like to follow up with you via email to discuss some potential workarounds for your business. Once you receive this email, please reply directly back to me so that we can work on this further. Thanks! - Rae, Shopify Support

Magical Bodies

I have not been approved by instagram, although my fb shop is working and all looks good. This is ridiculous. (to say the least)... What else is possible here?

November 21, 2019

Thank you for providing your feedback to us here today and for writing your review. Some merchants, unfortunately, find themselves rejected for use of the Instagram product tagging feature despite being approved for the Facebook sales channel. Instagram often do not provide any reason for this denial so it is difficult to know what to change or attempt to try and get approved.

We do not have any guaranteed solutions we can offer, but we have come across some potential workarounds that others have found some success with. I will be touching base with you shortly over email and will detail these options that are available to you. Please keep an eye out for my email and let me know if you have any further questions there. -Victor, Shopify Support

Zappy Toys

"Impossible to link with instagram for tagging, no reason for that, no explanations, no tutorial and no support to fix it." I couldnt have said it better myself.

November 21, 2019

Thank you for writing your review and I'm sorry to hear that you've been unable to use the Instagram app successfully. Issues with being approved for the product tagging feature has affected a number of merchants and as Instagram often does not provide any reason or explanation for rejections, there is often no clear route to re-applying and being approved on a second attempt.

Whilst Shopify is unable to surface a reason for rejection or influence the decision in any way, we have heard of some workarounds that have proved successful for some merchants. I will be reaching out over to email shortly to detail these possible solutions and touch base with you. -Victor, Shopify Support

NØRD editoras

November 19, 2019

Thank you for sharing this feedback! There are a few possible reasons why you might be having trouble tagging products on Instagram.

You may need to connect a catalogue under Settings>Shopping within the app, or make sure that your products are set to be available on Instagram. It is also possible that your store hasn't been approved during Instagram's review.

I will be reaching out to you via email shortly to take a deeper look into your account and see what I can do to help out here! -Lizzy, Shopify Support

Adonis King

This app has stopped working for my brand instagram. I have been trying to get it to work again and nothing is happening. Please help!

November 18, 2019

Thanks for leaving a review. I'm sorry to hear about the trouble you're experiencing currently. After taking a look at your account, it seems as though the issue is related to Facebook rather than the Instagram app.

I know you've already been speaking with our Support Team in regards to this, but I've also gone ahead and sent you an email to follow up with some troubleshooting steps. Hope to hear from you soon. - Ryder, Shopify Support

Slabbed Heroes

App has not worked for over 3 months. Shopify support is unable to resolve the problem. Opened a ticket with Shopify who says they have been working with Facebook/Instagram to resolve this issue.

November 13, 2019

Thank you for sharing this review on the Instagram channel. I'm sorry to hear that the integration hasn't worked for several months, and I'm glad that our teams are looking into this for you. I'm going to follow up with you via email to ensure we have a point of contact in case you need further assistance. Looking forward to speaking with you soon! - Rae, Shopify Support