Instagram channel

Instagram channel

by Shopify

Sell on Instagram by tagging products in your posts & stories.

Plaidys Ny

App just plain sucks. Don't bother if you are just starting out. Your store will get denied over and over and their support really sucks.

Black And Favored

Same as most people here. Facebook connect but IG doesn't let me tag the products. I hope this gets fixed soon, I am missing opportunities to translate visits to purchases

Tegn Forlag

Why is there not given any reason for disapproval? When you follow every guideline there should be given a reason for denial of this connection between Shopify/facebook and Instagram. Getting really tired of this!

Fashionablebrat

Same here, no accepted by instagram even if I was accepted by facebook, that all is done catalogue and all...
very disheartening, totally arbitrary, I have no idea why...
and really NO HELP and NO support NO answers from instagram, I think this is the worst!

Nabeel Khan Art

"Your store isn’t eligible for Instagram product tagging"
I cannot believe that the main reason why I went with Shopify is the one thing that isn't working (Facebook shop is working fine).
Shopify say it isn't their issue and can offer no help.

This is my livelihood, like so many others on here - and it is giving our competitors who do have tagging setup, a huge advantage over us. It's just not fair!

I can find next to no conversation about it online which is bizarre, considering how many of us there are.

But there being so many of us, could we start a petition or movement of some kind??? Any thoughts??

Def Mfg

Im sure when it works, it is great!
However our website has been denied access as apparently we have items that conflicts with their policy.

I have deleted those items, as I saw them highlighted as red on our Facebook shop.
And now theres no option to appeal Instagram's decision, so we are still denied to use it as a sales channel.
Very frustrating as we'd like to get it working asap!

Sort this out guys. Please. ASAP

The Illumibuddy Company

Not eligible for connection to my store....I'm gonna be the biggest online store next to Jenner and you guys don't want me?? OK!!

Laylowbrand

not eligible ive had my shop on instagram since 2012 over 600,000 followers and not eligible..........

Special J Creations

Like many others (and it would seem the majority of others here). I have had no luck. I followed directions perfectly. I was approved for my Facebook shop which I only made so that I could turn on Instagram shopping. Within a minute I received notice that my shop is "not eligible" for Instagram shopping. I am an artist in a one person, tiny company. I built my website myself and work very, very hard at what I do. This feels completely arbitrary - and similar to the disheartening rejection of not being given the opportunity to use the "swipe up" feature in Instagram. I have over 5k in Instagram followers and feel that much of my business is generated there so I am reluctant to leave - even though I am so upset that I really want to. I have tried uninstalling both apps, switching from business, back to personal and back to business again. I have chatted with Shopify tech support and they can not figure it out either. It was very kind of the person to actually look into it for me as I know that it is more to do with Instagram than with Shopify. I have been at it for a week now and it is extremely frustrating so I think they were being kind. I was coming off such a high, too, finally building my own site, having my own URL. This was the last little bit of magic that I was trying to add to my business and part of the reason that I invested in Shopify. I am feeling terribly, terribly deflated over this. It absolutely took the wind out of my sails. I am feeling at a loss of what to do and as if there is no one out there to help me out. Maybe if others keep reporting their experience something will be done.

Studio Karlien De Villiers

Frustrating experience. Shop denied by Instagram for no reason, even though my Facebook Shop was instantly approved and my business (selling original artworks that I have made) complies with all criteria for selling on Instagram. One of my MAIN reasons for using Shopify is to integrate with Instagram and have clickable, shoppable posts directly in my Instagram posts. Why do you advertise an Instagram-Shopping integration service if it is denied for no reason, and does not seem to work for the majority of Shopify users?