Instagram channel

Instagram channel

by Shopify

Sell on Instagram by tagging products in your posts & stories.

Pacific Ring of Style

Won't link to my store. Terrible. Tried multiple times etc with no luck. Not able to contact Instagram for help either.

November 6, 2019

Thank you for sharing this feedback with us! You're correct in that Instagram don't have a direct method of contact, however you can submit a message to them by reporting a problem within the app.

I've sent you an email as well so that we can discuss your store and this process in more detail. -Lizzy, Shopify Support

Shop I Am Luna Sol

Tried this when I first opened my store last year and was instantly denied for no apparent reason. Decided to give it another go since I had the time...nope. Same result. Denied instantly. No way to appeal. What a joke.

November 8, 2019

Thank you for your review and I'm sorry to hear that this has been your experience. I know it's frustrating to not have an appeal process readily available. Have you tried reporting a problem to Instagram through the app? It can take time to receive a response but this is the only option available currently. I'd like to share this feedback with our developers and I've sent you an email so that we can look at other ways to utilize Instagram while you're unable to tag your products. I hope to hear back from you! -Emma, Shopify Support

Willow & Olive

If I could leave zero stars I would. I have a FB page, and it won't connect. I also have been denied IG as well. Nothing will connect. It shows my FB personal name connected, of which I am the owner of my business page (spent hours on this in FB business getting it set up.) CANNOT CONNECT TO ADD THIS CHANNEL because it won't connect to my FB page!!! This has been going on for months. The hours I have spent on this, trying to make this work, is too many to count. I am seriously thinking about leaving Shopify so I can find another provider that works seamlessly with Instagram and Facebook for shopping. PLEASE someone help me!!!

November 6, 2019

Thank you very much for your review here! I'd like to take a look at your account with you to see what we can do to help you make sure your accounts are connected.

While we aren't able to appeal Instagram's review, I do know that your Facebook page will need to be properly connected before Instagram will work correctly.

I've also responded to your review on the Facebook Shop app and will be following up with you via email so that we can continue to work on the issues you've been seeing. I look forward to speaking soon! -Lizzy, Shopify Support

Tensolo Music Co. - Franklin, TN

Same problem as many, denied access to IG for my products, and no way to appeal.

I did see in one post back from Shopify asking if there were any "non-business related" posts on their account. Would IG deny a business profile from listing products if they have a non-business related single post???? Example, I posted a screenshot of how bad Nashville traffic was and stated "Glad I work from home...". Would this kind of post be foundations for denial of listings on IG ??? If so, you have got to be kidding me IG. Especially for small business that wants to actually relate to it's customers

October 31, 2019

Thank you for posting this review and including these details. Other merchants have reported their stores were denied from Instagram due to having photos on their Instagram account that weren't business-related. To find out if this was the reason for your store being denied, I recommend reporting a problem to Instagram about this (http://bit.ly/2WNwrbj).

I'd like to speak with you further regarding your store, and also offer some additional assistance, so I'm going to follow up with you via email. I look forward to hearing back from you soon! - Rae, Shopify Support

Go Nutra

This application is simply horrible. I can't tag my products and they are denied for no reason. I tried in every way but nothing to do

October 31, 2019

Thank you for sharing this review on your experience. I'm sorry to hear that your store wasn't approved to use the Instagram sales channel. In some cases, other merchants who were originally denied were able to have their store re-reviewed by Instagram by reporting a problem in the Instagram app directly (http://bit.ly/2WNwrbj).

I'm also going to follow up with you via email with some additional information regarding this. I look forward to speaking with you soon! - Rae, Shopify Support

Miles Kelly

!!!!-----------------ATTENTION----EVERYBODY-------------!!!!
hello guys
i have scrolled down here and found the guy that who helping to get approve our disapproved business to get approve for the shopping tag feature
and i have contacted him from Instagram i'll drop his contact details here please contact him he will help you and i'll 100% vouch him and 100% recommend him

INSTAGRAM :- @TYPICAL_AGENCY
EMAIL:-TYPICALAGENCY04@GMAIL.COM

LiquidAider

Hey Shopify Support! Instead of responding to each post that you will email them, how about you post your solution here or ANYWHERE so we can all see it before we post here? Even a compilation of actions you have taken to help these people would give ALL OF US a place to do some self-help. Make any sense to you? How basic is this request? We are all having the same problem, we are all using your platform.
For the record, I don't think it is a Shopify issue at all. I think the problem is at Instagram and I don't think anyone at Instagram has a clue about the problem.
It really makes you wonder how those scam shopping posts can do it but Shopify and its customers can't.
Anyone who has actually been helped by Shopify to accomplish the goal, please post here and let us know how it was done.

October 30, 2019

Thank you very much for bringing up this point and sharing your feedback.

We do try to share as much general advice as possible in our responses when it is clear what the issue is from the review. For example if a store has not been approved for Instagram tagging, the first step would be to report a problem within the Instagram app. For many merchants simply doing this will help them see the decision overturned. However for some stores this may not do the trick.

Unfortunately there is not a one solution fits all approach, so looking into store details can be required. If we need to this we won't be able to discuss it in public as that would be putting our merchant's private information at risk.

Thank you again for your review. I will be following up with you via email as well so that we can continue our conversation there! -Lizzy, Shopify Support

ShopPricedToSell

This app shouldn't be here for all the reasons everyone has already explained. Absolutely horrible. Couldn't get approved because my shop sells clothes, bags and accessories and home and garden stuff. Yup, that's contraband. Oh and all the items are sourced through Shopify's suppliers in the App section.

October 28, 2019

Thank you for sharing your review.

While I don't have access to Instagram's review process I do know that it does look over more than just your products. We have spoken to merchants in the past who weren't approved as their Instagram profile had a posted a few photos that were not business related. Have you been able to request they take a second look at your account by reporting a problem within the Instagram app?

I’ll also be following up with you via email so that we can discuss your account further. Looking forward to speaking soon! -Lizzy, Shopify Support

TateByTate

Absolutely horrible. I have done all of the necessary steps needed and am still denied product tagging for no reason. It would be a fantastic app if it actually worked. I can't believe they denied me so fast and there is no way to appeal the decision.

October 28, 2019

Thank you for sharing this feedback with us.

While there isn't an official way to appeal Instagram's decision, you can report a problem within the Instagram app. This can sometimes prompt them to take another look over your store!

I will also follow up with you via email so that we can discuss your options further. -Lizzy, Shopify Support

SUP2

Ive tried as have my IT staff, to connect the APP to my insta account through facebook and followed the steps but still not connected. I have messaged shopify with no response. Pls if anyone can walkme through and trouble shoot I would be extremely grateful.

October 28, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to write your review and I'm sorry that you've not heard back from our support team on this matter. I am not sure if you are having issues submitting your store to Instagram for approval, or if you have been denied use of the feature already, so I will be following up over email to learn more. Please look out for my email and let me know where you're at with the app and I will see how I can help moving forward. -Victor, Shopify Support