Instagram channel

Instagram channel

by Shopify

Sell on Instagram by tagging products in your posts & stories.

Afhaven

Feeling frustrated about this. Is there a third party app we can use to have tag products on our Instagram posts?

Nikitabyniki

I KNOW HOW TO SET UP PRODUCT TAGGING!!
I finally got them working on my instagram page @nikmahon!
So I kept getting rejected using this app and had a very difficult time setting it all up but I finally figured it out. I thought I'd write this review to help others:

1) Ignore this app, this does not help with product tagging
2) Go to your Facebook Business Manager account
3) Go to catalog in the menu
4) Set up a new catalog specifically for insta feed and add all of your products manually
5) Check there are no errors
6) Connect your insta account in the settings of your FB business manager
7) Once all done, do nothing and the feed will link and you'll get the option to enable shopping.

I am appalled at how little help there has been on this online. Honestly the above actually works I hope it helps someone!

Good luck
x

Custom City

Talking with Shopify now and they say "it is not their problem". This was one of the main reasons we started building a Shopify store in the first place because the Shopify sales people told us "how easy it would be" to start selling on Instagram.

Dandaloit

Also denied for no reason. I've done everything right.

For Purpose Kids

Also having the same issue as everyone else with not being approved to tag products on Instagram (yet am approved to tag and sell on FB). Can you please provide a link to dispute with IG?

Food Guard

Denied from selling on Instagram and no reason for the denial? Not seeing or operating against any terms stated on the Instagram TOS? Seems like an error as most people are seeing this as well.

Parooz Fashions

Your store isn’t eligible for Instagram product tagging.

Extremely frustrated as my store meets all the rules and regulations. There is no way to appeal it even though facebook says you can.

I sell via facebook perfectly but no luck with instagram. I can see there are many people with the same problem please can you resolve soon?

Les Petits Darlings

We're in the same boat with the automatic denied issue that it seems like everyone is having. Facebook store works no problem, we have business account, selling allowed physical products, etc. No issues and we should be eligible, but for some reason are not. Can't find anywhere to appeal the decision. Leads me to believe that this is just a broken app at this point.... Will change my review once this is resolved.

Coldfirenet

Same and same issue....
"Your store isn’t eligible for Instagram product tagging. View Instagram’s commerce policy to learn why your store isn’t currently eligible."
Obviously there is a problem, but i cant understand why Shopify not try to address this problem and fix it.

Hailey Raine Boutique

Your store isn’t eligible for Instagram product tagging

We have same issue that many others are having. There is no reason we should not be eligible for product tagging. We comply with Instagram's commerce policy and our Facebook sales channel is connected. I have tried removing the sales channel and re adding and almost immediately I get the same message that my store is not eligible. Shopify says that they are not able to help with this and have no control over who Instagram approves. I've reported a problem in the Instagram app multiple times but it continues to say we are not approved.