Instagram channel

Instagram channel

by Shopify

Sell on Instagram by tagging products in your posts & stories.

ShopPricedToSell

This app shouldn't be here for all the reasons everyone has already explained. Absolutely horrible. Couldn't get approved because my shop sells clothes, bags and accessories and home and garden stuff. Yup, that's contraband. Oh and all the items are sourced through Shopify's suppliers in the App section.

October 28, 2019

Thank you for sharing your review.

While I don't have access to Instagram's review process I do know that it does look over more than just your products. We have spoken to merchants in the past who weren't approved as their Instagram profile had a posted a few photos that were not business related. Have you been able to request they take a second look at your account by reporting a problem within the Instagram app?

I’ll also be following up with you via email so that we can discuss your account further. Looking forward to speaking soon! -Lizzy, Shopify Support

TateByTate

Absolutely horrible. I have done all of the necessary steps needed and am still denied product tagging for no reason. It would be a fantastic app if it actually worked. I can't believe they denied me so fast and there is no way to appeal the decision.

October 28, 2019

Thank you for sharing this feedback with us.

While there isn't an official way to appeal Instagram's decision, you can report a problem within the Instagram app. This can sometimes prompt them to take another look over your store!

I will also follow up with you via email so that we can discuss your options further. -Lizzy, Shopify Support

SUP2

Ive tried as have my IT staff, to connect the APP to my insta account through facebook and followed the steps but still not connected. I have messaged shopify with no response. Pls if anyone can walkme through and trouble shoot I would be extremely grateful.

October 28, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to write your review and I'm sorry that you've not heard back from our support team on this matter. I am not sure if you are having issues submitting your store to Instagram for approval, or if you have been denied use of the feature already, so I will be following up over email to learn more. Please look out for my email and let me know where you're at with the app and I will see how I can help moving forward. -Victor, Shopify Support

ānāyā arts

Keep getting denied even though I have followed ALL required criteria. Facebook shop linked with no problem at all. But there isn't even a way to appeal the decision..just keep hitting a dead end.
So unfortunate...

October 28, 2019

Thank you for writing your review and I'm sorry to hear that you've been denied use of the Instagram product tagging feature. This is unfortunately rather common and as Instagram do not provide clear reasoning behind their decision, nor do they offer an appeals process, it is difficult to be accepted for use of the feature after an initial rejection.

However, we have heard of some workarounds that have worked for other merchants, so I will be following up with you over email to learn what you have tried so far and I'll see if there's anything else I can recommend. I look forward to hearing back from you. -Victor, Shopify Support

The Busy Bee Box Company

Why is it impossible to connect our products to Instagram once we have been denied but have fixed the issues? It doesn’t seem to be just us having this problem. I wish Shopify could maybe give clearer directions so that this wouldn’t be such an issue. We could use some help please.

October 31, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to leave this review. I can understand this circumstance is frustrating, as I know social media is a key tool for driving traffic and consequentially sales to your store.

Instagram's approval process is entirely controlled by Instagram. At the moment, there isn't a specific appeal process to follow if your store has been marked as ineligible by. However, reporting a problem from within the Instagram app might be a potential solution as it has worked for other merchants.

I've gone ahead and send you an email so that we can discuss this process in more detail. Looking forward to hearing from you soon. - Ryder, Shopify Support

ND Hair Collection

Absolutely ridiculous! It is impossible for me to add products to my catalog using e-commerce help. I have contacted facebook help and shopify to help me add shopping to my business accounts on facebook and instagram. I keep getting re directed. Extremely frustrating. I JUST WANT TO ADD SHOPPING.

October 24, 2019

Thank you for sharing your review with us. I know you've already been speaking with both our and Facebook's support, however I would like to take a look over your account with you to see if we can get the connection working! Instagram does require your Facebook page to be synced with Shopify before the option to tag images will appear, so we'll go over that too!

I've also responded to your review on the Facebook app and will be sending you an email shortly. I look forward to working with you on this! -Lizzy, Shopify Support

SugarMoonz

Awful app, couldn't merge my shopify with my instagram business account! I really don't know what to do anymore.

October 22, 2019

Thank you for sharing this review. I'm sorry to hear about the difficulties you've had with merging your Instagram business account with Shopify.

So that I can help troubleshoot this issue, I'm going to follow up with you via email. Once you receive my email, please reply directly to me with more information. Looking forward to hearing back from you! - Rae, Shopify Support

SlingSacShack

This is Ditto.
Cannot figure out a way to appeal the review of our store!!! We have reviewed the policies and cannot find any reason for us to be ineligible. I deleted Instagram from Shopify and re-added it and got denied again. Extremely frustrating. Please help.

October 22, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to leave this review. I understand the frustration this has caused for you.

At the moment, there isn't a specific appeal process to follow if your store has been marked as ineligible by Instagram. However, reporting a problem directly through the Instagram app has proved effective for other merchants in the same situation as yourself.

I'm going to follow up with you via email so that we can discuss this process in more detail. I look forward to speaking with you soon! - Rae, Shopify Support

Tattoo Icon

WORST APP IN THE WORLD!!!
Shopify you should be ashamed..we are paying subscriptions and I cant even get to tag my products on Instagram and build an audience there and sell my products..missing out big time. How do I get in touch with you? Leave a contact here

October 21, 2019

Thank you for leaving your review and I'm sorry to hear that you've had problems getting set up with the Instagram channel. I'd like to know more about the issues that you've had and I'll see what I can recommend as next steps, so I will be sending you an email shortly to touch base with you. Please get back to me there and I'd be happy to speak further about this with you. -Victor, Shopify Support

PWR WMN

October 18, 2019

Thank you for your review.

While there isn't a designated appeal process following a rejection, you can report a problem within the Instagram app, which may prompt Instagram to re-review your account.

This can sometimes take up to several weeks, however I've spoken with many businesses who see approval after reporting in the app. I’ve followed up with you via email as well in case I can provide any further assistance on this. -Lizzy, Shopify Support