Instagram channel

Instagram channel

by Shopify

Sell on Instagram by tagging products in your posts & stories.

Original Hair

Finally worked for me. after 5 months I just received an instagram notification that I am approved, joke!

Sparkle & Dot Designs

Pretty rubbish. My items seem to have been in review for weeks and weeks. Great idea but pretty useless execution.

March 22, 2019

Hi, there. Thanks for sharing your feedback with us, it’s important that we hear from store owners about their experience so we can continue to improve. I’ve reached out to you via email so that we can discuss this further and I can then share your feedback to our development team. Hope to hear from you soon! - Emma, Shopify Support

ChompaHandmade

It is good for traffic in my shop. I am not sure about the oversales sales though.
Window shopping for IG users.

Kintsugi Fine Arts

I am only writing this review in an effort to help others, actually. There's absolutely nothing that's *wrong* with the app, and it certainly has nothing to do with Shopify. Instagram, however, needs to rethink their process of integrating storefronts into their service and offering instructions to doing so with much more clarity. I've literally spent the last 2 weeks, working daily, to connect our Ig business account with our store front and FB and happened to stumble upon a review by Vinyl Decal Shop Inc today that saved our bacon.

First: Search and find Vinyl Decal Shop Inc's review here, with an update, dated for Oct 15, 2018.

2) Follow all instructions given there, to a 'T.' Don't question the order or the directives, just follow each step precisely as they've laid them out. They were super clear, easy to understand, so follow each, in order.

3) Once you've finished, I just wanted to add to their instructions: you'll need to go into Shopify and go through each product there and add Instagram as a sales channel and save before you can then tag in instagram.

You'll know it's connected because in Shopify it will ask if you want to set up tagging for Ig. Also, when you go back into Ig, it will instantly show a pop up asking if you want to connect a source and start tagging. Forget the Ig instructions about "Go into Settings and turn on tagging in Shopping," etc. Literally, NONE of the directions they've published will get this particular service working except to follow the instructions found here from Vinyl Decal Shop Inc.

Instagram is who needs to hear your complaints. They've miserably failed their users in how they've misled people in setting this up.

Good luck! It should work for you, too, when you follow all the simple steps.

Panoramic Lifestyle Clothing

Giving this 2 stars instead of one because I eventually got this working. I also used the Facebook Business Manager, Facebook Feed for the catalog, and the pixel integration. Previous I kept getting instantly denied every time I attempted to connect the IG sales channel. I used another IG account and after 4 days that was approved for product tagging. Unfortunately, I built a decent size following and business off of @panoramiclifestyleclothing already and I really don't want to start over.