Instagram channel

Instagram channel

by Shopify

Sell on Instagram by tagging products in your posts & stories.

MODU

Joining the rest of complainers. Tried everything and should be 100% eligible but am not able to get this working. Developer please reach out!

UPDATE: After getting support by Lizzy from Shopify I was able to get through to Facebook support and get them to review my site again. I'm happy to say that we now have Instagram shopping! However, it's still very frustrating to spend so much effort getting it to work - the developers should really be looking into reimagining this app.

October 3, 2019

Thank you very much for your review. We don't have direct access to Instagram's review process, however I would like to see if there is anything I can suggest that might help here.

I'll be sending you an email so that we can look over your account and chat about what you've tried so far! -Lizzy, Shopify Support

Heather and Haggis

I originally rated this app 1 star (and my original review can be seen below), but I have updated my review after receiving some assistance from Shopify support. I am now selling and once approved, that process is easy, but I cannot rate more than 3 stars because there is so little information available if you run in to this rejection problem.

I was originally tagged as ineligible to sell on Instagram, but was accepted after unlinking my Facebook and Instagram pages, switching Instagram back to a personal profile, removing the tag "Designer" from my Facebook page (go to edit page > page info > about > category), then reconnecting everything as normal. I was approved and selling on Instagram within a couple of hours.

I think the problem is that there are several Facebook category tags which are flagged as a service, and Instagram doesn't allow the sale of services, only physical goods. So make sure that none of your Facebook category tags are services - "gift shop" and "home decor" work fine for me.

Hope that helps someone.

Original review - "I am yet another user who has been tagged as not eligible for Instagram product tagging within seconds of setting up the channel. I have been through Instagram's sparse information with a fine tooth comb and have found no reason for me to be denied.

A previous reviewer pointed out with how fast the rejection occurs it is probably a broken bot on Instagram's side, and I wholly appreciate that this is not your (Shopify's) decision, however when you know that this is a recurring and major problem you need to do something to apply pressure to Instagram on behalf of your customers and get it fixed asap. Continuing to partner with Instagram when they repeatedly let you down just damages your brand."

June 30, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to share you thoughts with us!

While the approval system is determined by Instagram, we’re always working to improve the user experience on Shopify.

I’ve followed up with you via email to log your feedback for our platform team and chat about this in more detail. I look forward to speaking soon! -Lizzy, Shopify Support

STASH by Lee Stanton

Was denied product tagging, how can I contact Instagram to find out why?There is no contact information anywhere

June 11, 2019

Thanks for sharing your feedback! Currently the best way to get in contact with Instagram regarding profile eligibility is by using the "report a problem" option within the app itself. I’ve sent out to an email to you to help further incase there are any other steps we should consider! - JP, Shopify Support

The Art Cave Creations

*UPDATE* I got in touch with Facebook via support chat and they were very helpful in resolving the matter, my Instagram product tagging was up and running within a few days. Giving it 3 stars because even though it works now and I enjoy using it, it was a massive faff to get there.

My shop keeps getting rejected and I have no idea why. Instagram are completely useless in resolving this matter as they will not get back in touch with me. Really disappointed as product tagging is one of the main reasons I chose Shopify and would be huge for my business.

June 5, 2019

Thank you for providing this feedback, it is much appreciated! As you know, Shopify doesn't have control over product eligibility, and ultimately this decision is made by Instagram. I'm so glad you were able to get it resolved with Facebook as that is the only avenue to get a clear answer on why you were not approved in the first place.

That said, our team works hard to improve our app functionality and would like to get any additional feedback you may have. I’ve reached out to you via email, hope to hear from you soon!

- Alex, Shopify Support

Solepack

Same issue as most reviews I've read. Was working great for the 1st few weeks then suddenly, I couldn't tag products and link my shopping cart to facebook. No help on either ends. Terrible for small business!!
UPDATE: The Shopify end seems to have resolved the linking of products between my IG channel and Shopify store. It took a while but its linking for now.

June 17, 2019

Thanks for sharing this feedback about the Instagram app! Our team works hard to improve our app functionality so we’d like to look into this further for you. I’ve reached out to you via email, and I hope to hear from you soon! - Lauren, Shopify Support

Spotted By Humphrey

I love the integration between Shopify and Instagram as I use Instagram for my marketing. However, there seems to be a bug where my products keep getting rejected. I am an online dog accessories boutique and sell dog collars, clothing, etc. Nothing that would be offensive or violate Instagram's policy. When I release new products it frequently gets rejected automatically which means I can't tag those products on my Instagram posts or stories, until I file a report manually every single time. If this could be fixed it would be great.

KITTY KAT

A brilliant app with lots of traffic and sales. The only annoying downfall is the lack of ANY communication from Facebook when they reject a product that has been incorrectly rejected for the wrong reasons. Which affects my tagging products and thus sales.
I wish shopify and Instagram worked independently without having to have a Facebook shop.
I would then rate this app 100/10.

www.kittykat.com.au

Humble Gents Social Club

After 6 months I’ve final got this app to work there’s detailed instructions in older reviews that show you how to do it. When trying to get accepted DONT TRY AND REFRESH the page where it says your store is under review
I have to say that normally Shopify are very helpful but not on this occasion just a stock response “it’s not us it’s instagram “ just isn’t good enough
Now the app is installed it’s very easy to use

O&Ds Virgin Hair Collection

Overall I like the app but I went to my page to see if things were going as planned, I didn't get redirected to my store at all. Now it seems like I have to add the app all over again. I don't like that

Architectural Decor

Not easy to install, as another poster below says, search these reviews for one by Vinyl Decal Shop that gives step by step guide to getting it to work. Shopify verified us in under 12 hours.

Thanks Vinyl Decal Shop