Instagram channel

Instagram channel

by Shopify

Sell on Instagram by tagging products in your posts & stories.

Spotted By Humphrey

I love the integration between Shopify and Instagram as I use Instagram for my marketing. However, there seems to be a bug where my products keep getting rejected. I am an online dog accessories boutique and sell dog collars, clothing, etc. Nothing that would be offensive or violate Instagram's policy. When I release new products it frequently gets rejected automatically which means I can't tag those products on my Instagram posts or stories, until I file a report manually every single time. If this could be fixed it would be great.

KITTY KAT

A brilliant app with lots of traffic and sales. The only annoying downfall is the lack of ANY communication from Facebook when they reject a product that has been incorrectly rejected for the wrong reasons. Which affects my tagging products and thus sales.
I wish shopify and Instagram worked independently without having to have a Facebook shop.
I would then rate this app 100/10.

www.kittykat.com.au

Humble Gents Social Club

After 6 months I’ve final got this app to work there’s detailed instructions in older reviews that show you how to do it. When trying to get accepted DONT TRY AND REFRESH the page where it says your store is under review
I have to say that normally Shopify are very helpful but not on this occasion just a stock response “it’s not us it’s instagram “ just isn’t good enough
Now the app is installed it’s very easy to use

O&Ds Virgin Hair Collection

Overall I like the app but I went to my page to see if things were going as planned, I didn't get redirected to my store at all. Now it seems like I have to add the app all over again. I don't like that

Architectural Decor

Not easy to install, as another poster below says, search these reviews for one by Vinyl Decal Shop that gives step by step guide to getting it to work. Shopify verified us in under 12 hours.

Thanks Vinyl Decal Shop

Vinyl Decal Shop Inc

--Update--
I followed these instructions and finally got approved. My facebook shop was listed under a "Service" which Instagram doesn't allow, so I'm wondering if that is why I kept getting denied. I changed both instagram and facebook to Ecommerce Website and I got approved. Still not giving it 5 stars because Instagram has 0 support. This is not Shopifys fault.

Instructions:
1. Remove the Instagram channel from Shopify and clear your caches as well as browsing history;
2. Unlink the connection between your Facebook and Instagram pages in the Instagram app;
3. Switch back to a personal account in the Instagram app;
4. Delete the Instagram app and reinstall;
5. Log back into Instagram;
6. Do not relink your Facebook page and do not switch back to a business profile;
7. Go to your Facebook business page and disconnect the Instagram account from your settings;
8. Go to your business page on Facebook and under the settings tab, make sure your not a service(we used commerce website), reconnect your Instagram account to Facebook;
9. Follow the prompt to switch your Instagram account to a business account;
10. Once everything is connected, go back to Shopify and install the Instagram sales channel; and We were approved the next morning

--End Update--

Tangerine Wall

Es una magnífica aplicación pero he dedicado muchas horas a configurar mi cuenta de Facebook, en la que ya tenía tienda, para que Instagram la aceptase. Hay que sincronizar Shopify con el nuevo pixel que genera tu catálogo, cambiar las restricciones a los países... y todo esto debía explicarlo Shopify en una información paso por paso.
Por cierto, si cuando la instalas sale una interrogación en Facebook donde debería estar tu logo, no te la aceptará.

Goody Go Bags

When I first installed the app, I received this message:

"Your store isn’t eligible for Instagram product tagging.
Instagram reviewed your store and decided that it’s not currently eligible for Instagram product tagging. View Instagram’s commerce policy or contact Instagram to learn more." -- with a link to "View Instagram's Commerce Policy".

I clicked the link, which took me to a FB site. By the time I finished skimming through that info (a couple minutes?), the message had changed to:

"Instagram is reviewing your store.
It usually takes a few days to hear back. Some stores are reviewed in more detail and take longer."

My Instagram account is brand new, with just one post, but my FB page is well-established. It seems possible that there's a backlog due to recent publicity AND that accounts might be automatically prohibited...until they're not??? I'll adjust my ratings depending on things for from here.

Six Row

Like everyone else, we struggled with getting the Instagram sales channel to work for about a month without any success until this evening. We tried pretty much everything including the suggestions made by Copan Coffee Roasters and Nikitabyniki elsewhere in these reviews.

Assuming you don't have any country and age restrictions on your business page, chances are the problem is that Instagram is not recognizing the feed that Shopify generates. You'll find this feed in the catalog section in Facebook business manager (i.e., under the title "products for xyzstore.myshopify.com").

This is what we did to FINALLY get it to work:

(1) Remove the Instagram channel from Shopify and clear your caches as well as browsing history;
(2) Unlink the connection between your Facebook and Instagram pages in the Instagram app;
(3) Switch back to a personal account in the Instagram app;
(4) Delete the Instagram app and reinstall;
(5) Log back into Instagram;
(6) Do not relink your Facebook page and do not switch back to a business profile;
(7) Go to your Facebook business page and disconnect the Instagram account from your settings;
(8) Create a data feed for Facebook -- we used the free app "Facebook Feed - Product Feeds Made Easy" by Wyred Up (we are not affiliated with this app and it's likely that any app that can generate a data feed for Facebook will also work);
(9) Make sure you designate a Google shopping category if you use the Wyred Up app (it's in the edit feed settings section of the app);
(10) Go to Facebook business manager and create a new catalog;
(11) Use the data feed option to create the new catalog and when prompted to do so, copy the location of the feed from the app into the Facebook feed setup;
(12) Go to Catalog Manager and make sure that the new catalog you just created is "owned by" your page/business;
(13) Go to your business page on Facebook and under the settings tab, reconnect your Instagram account to Facebook;
(14) Follow the prompt to switch your Instagram account to a business account;
(15) Go to your Facebook business settings and click on "Catalogs" under the Data Sources section;
(16) You should now see the new catalog that you created listed under your page;
(17) On the far right-hand side, click on "Associate Sources" and connect your store's pixel to this new catalog;
(18) Once everything is connected, go back to Shopify and install the Instagram sales channel; and
(19) If you're like us, you should get a message that Instagram is reviewing your store. It took less than two hours for us to get approved.

Hopefully, these instructions are clear enough and you'll find them to be helpful. Good luck!

Canine Habits

FINALLY was able to fix the issue that everyone seems to be having. I'm still rating this app only 3 stars since it is not very user-friendly to get set up and the customer service from Instagram is nonexistent.

If you are getting the alert that your Instagram doesn't qualify despite the fact that you're not breaking any of their rules, try this.

1. Remove the Instagram sales channel
2. Go to your business Facebook page (business manager page) and click on "Settings"
3. Under the "General" settings tab, check your "Country Restrictions" and "Age restrictions". You want to make sure these say "Page is visible to everyone".
- I had my page set to only be visible to certain countries, and when I changed this I was finally able to get my Instagram approved -

4. Reinstall the Instagram sales channel (and make sure your Facebook sales channel is connected and approved)
5. Reconnect Instagram

Seriously such a simple and obvious answer once you know about it, I don't know why it would be so difficult for Instagram to let people know this is why their accounts aren't being validated.

Previous 1