Instagram channel

Instagram channel

by Shopify

Sell on Instagram by tagging products in your posts & stories.

For You Gamer

Me esta pasando lo mismo, nose que hacer ya he probado de todo y más, en fb me deja tener el catalogo pero en Instagram me dice que no es elegible para etiquetar productos, cuando lo tengo todo conectado

bluebird

Updated Review: Are you having issues with being denied immediately, and can't seem to contact Instagram? I highly recommend using Facebook Ad Support live chat. I was able (after searching and searching) to chat to a real person, and she was able to request approval for my instagram shopping. (we were approved, but if we had been denied she would have been able to tell me WHY which may be very important to some of you.)

Now that we have been approved, the actual workings of the app are very nice and we haven't had any issues.

I haven't been approved to sell on Instagram, despite checking all of the required boxes. My Facebook Shop works perfectly, I am not sure why Instagram is being so difficult and I am not able to reach anyone that can help.

November 13, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to share your review with us. Facebook and Instagram will review your store separately as they have different guidelines and processes.

This is why some businesses will see an approval on Facebook, but not on Instagram. Many of these businesses though, are able to request Instagram take a second look at their account by Reporting a Problem within the Instagram app. In here you are able to request a second review and share any details about your business which you feel will help with an approval.

I would like to take a look into your account with you to see if there are any other steps we can take. I will be reaching out to you via email, and look forward to speaking more soon! -Lizzy, Shopify Support

MODU

Joining the rest of complainers. Tried everything and should be 100% eligible but am not able to get this working. Developer please reach out!

UPDATE: After getting support by Lizzy from Shopify I was able to get through to Facebook support and get them to review my site again. I'm happy to say that we now have Instagram shopping! However, it's still very frustrating to spend so much effort getting it to work - the developers should really be looking into reimagining this app.

October 3, 2019

Thank you very much for your review. We don't have direct access to Instagram's review process, however I would like to see if there is anything I can suggest that might help here.

I'll be sending you an email so that we can look over your account and chat about what you've tried so far! -Lizzy, Shopify Support

Heather and Haggis

I originally rated this app 1 star (and my original review can be seen below), but I have updated my review after receiving some assistance from Shopify support. I am now selling and once approved, that process is easy, but I cannot rate more than 3 stars because there is so little information available if you run in to this rejection problem.

I was originally tagged as ineligible to sell on Instagram, but was accepted after unlinking my Facebook and Instagram pages, switching Instagram back to a personal profile, removing the tag "Designer" from my Facebook page (go to edit page > page info > about > category), then reconnecting everything as normal. I was approved and selling on Instagram within a couple of hours.

I think the problem is that there are several Facebook category tags which are flagged as a service, and Instagram doesn't allow the sale of services, only physical goods. So make sure that none of your Facebook category tags are services - "gift shop" and "home decor" work fine for me.

Hope that helps someone.

Original review - "I am yet another user who has been tagged as not eligible for Instagram product tagging within seconds of setting up the channel. I have been through Instagram's sparse information with a fine tooth comb and have found no reason for me to be denied.

A previous reviewer pointed out with how fast the rejection occurs it is probably a broken bot on Instagram's side, and I wholly appreciate that this is not your (Shopify's) decision, however when you know that this is a recurring and major problem you need to do something to apply pressure to Instagram on behalf of your customers and get it fixed asap. Continuing to partner with Instagram when they repeatedly let you down just damages your brand."

June 30, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to share you thoughts with us!

While the approval system is determined by Instagram, we’re always working to improve the user experience on Shopify.

I’ve followed up with you via email to log your feedback for our platform team and chat about this in more detail. I look forward to speaking soon! -Lizzy, Shopify Support

STASH by Lee Stanton

Was denied product tagging, how can I contact Instagram to find out why?There is no contact information anywhere

June 11, 2019

Thanks for sharing your feedback! Currently the best way to get in contact with Instagram regarding profile eligibility is by using the "report a problem" option within the app itself. I’ve sent out to an email to you to help further incase there are any other steps we should consider! - JP, Shopify Support

The Art Cave Creations

*UPDATE* I got in touch with Facebook via support chat and they were very helpful in resolving the matter, my Instagram product tagging was up and running within a few days. Giving it 3 stars because even though it works now and I enjoy using it, it was a massive faff to get there.

My shop keeps getting rejected and I have no idea why. Instagram are completely useless in resolving this matter as they will not get back in touch with me. Really disappointed as product tagging is one of the main reasons I chose Shopify and would be huge for my business.

June 5, 2019

Thank you for providing this feedback, it is much appreciated! As you know, Shopify doesn't have control over product eligibility, and ultimately this decision is made by Instagram. I'm so glad you were able to get it resolved with Facebook as that is the only avenue to get a clear answer on why you were not approved in the first place.

That said, our team works hard to improve our app functionality and would like to get any additional feedback you may have. I’ve reached out to you via email, hope to hear from you soon!

- Alex, Shopify Support

Solepack

Same issue as most reviews I've read. Was working great for the 1st few weeks then suddenly, I couldn't tag products and link my shopping cart to facebook. No help on either ends. Terrible for small business!!
UPDATE: The Shopify end seems to have resolved the linking of products between my IG channel and Shopify store. It took a while but its linking for now.

June 17, 2019

Thanks for sharing this feedback about the Instagram app! Our team works hard to improve our app functionality so we’d like to look into this further for you. I’ve reached out to you via email, and I hope to hear from you soon! - Lauren, Shopify Support

Spotted By Humphrey

I love the integration between Shopify and Instagram as I use Instagram for my marketing. However, there seems to be a bug where my products keep getting rejected. I am an online dog accessories boutique and sell dog collars, clothing, etc. Nothing that would be offensive or violate Instagram's policy. When I release new products it frequently gets rejected automatically which means I can't tag those products on my Instagram posts or stories, until I file a report manually every single time. If this could be fixed it would be great.

KITTY KAT

A brilliant app with lots of traffic and sales. The only annoying downfall is the lack of ANY communication from Facebook when they reject a product that has been incorrectly rejected for the wrong reasons. Which affects my tagging products and thus sales.
I wish shopify and Instagram worked independently without having to have a Facebook shop.
I would then rate this app 100/10.

www.kittykat.com.au

Humble Gents Social Club

After 6 months I’ve final got this app to work there’s detailed instructions in older reviews that show you how to do it. When trying to get accepted DONT TRY AND REFRESH the page where it says your store is under review
I have to say that normally Shopify are very helpful but not on this occasion just a stock response “it’s not us it’s instagram “ just isn’t good enough
Now the app is installed it’s very easy to use

Previous 1