Instagram channel

Instagram channel

by Shopify

Sell on Instagram by tagging products in your posts & stories.

DroiX

UPDATE: Lizzy from Shopify Support got in contact with me after posting the review and explained the issue. Whilst granted, the app isn't perfect and there could be an easier way of using it..Shopify Support can help you get it working and afterwards, the App does what it claims to do.

Repeating everyone's complains: Try logging in with your Facebook account, with which you are a full admin (Created the page) of the page/business/ad account - Instagram Application says that you're not authorised. For any other new sellers to Shopify - Please look into using a different application, as this one is not suitable.

February 25, 2020

Thank you for sharing this feedback! It sounds like you've been having trouble linking the Facebook Shop app, which is how the Instagram app connects to your Shopify store. I'd be happy to look into this with you.

Sometimes you'll see a connection error if your Facebook page permissions are set to Custom. This will still give you admin rights within the page, but doesn't allow for the correct options for you to be able to connect to Shopify.

I'll be following up with you via email to continue our conversation and look into this further with you! -Lizzy, Shopify Support

Mugs & Pins

I tried to connect the IG many times, but they do not approve of it without explaining the reason. "Lizzy | Shopify Support" contacted me and gave me tips that helped to set everything up.

December 15, 2019

Thank you very much for this feedback!

While Instagram do have the final say on who is approved to use the tagging feature, I may be able to offer some advice. The first thing I suggest after seeing that your store has not been approved, is to report a problem within the Instagram app.

I’ve followed up with you via email in case I can offer any further assistance on this. -Lizzy, Shopify Support

Vision-Worth

My products have yet to be approved after about a month of trying to get them approved for tagging On INSTAGRAM
So far I haven't had a whole lot of Blessings.
I wish you'd review my products and approve them for tagging!!!
My products are at visionworth.iowa

Garcia's Shopping List

I used this app to facilitate the traffic in my store. It is very difficult of use the icons for tag products. Also 1st day worked perfect and a day later didn't work anymore and lost my week trying to realize what was wrong. Today is working again don't know how. Otherwise would be amazing app

Karavan Clothing

Faced some major issues on the approval system but after i contacted the tech. support they took care of it permanently and i feel grateful for that.
Hope they keep that efficiency from now.

June 17, 2019

Thank you for the feedback with the Instagram app! Our development team works continuously to improve the functionality of the apps we build so I want to thank you for any additional feedback you may have.

I have sent you an email to give you the opportunity to provide any further feedback as well as offer assistance with any lingering issues you have with the app. Looking forward to connecting with you!

- Alex, Shopify Support

The Dresser Boutique

Its great this allows product stickers to be added to your stories and allow customers to shop directly from the product images they like! This is a great tool for driving additional sales for your website. Some times it takes longer for certain stickers to be 'approved' before showing on the image which means customers who have already seen the story before the sticker appears have missed it - doesn't seem to be any reasoning on which take longer to appear. The feedback on why this is, or why certain stickers aren't approved is also poor - it gives generic guidance only, not specifics on your description

Bossbabe Supply Co.

I love being able to tag my photos with the corresponding product and links that take the customer right back to my product page! Favebook can be picky on what it approves for products, but other than that, love this app!

The Next Stitch

As the majority of my customers find me through social media and Instagram in particular this app has really boosted my sales. Customers can click straight through to my website and make a purchase all while browsing

KORE

To all who are confuzzled by why they cannot get this to work. After hours and hours of trial and error and research I found this method

It worked for me, takes time and can be confusing but it did end up working for me. Once you finish the last step it took around 5 days to get approved.

ASSEMBLE BY KALOPSIA COLLECTIVE

Took me ages to figure out how to get this to work. I keep getting the same rejection message as everyone else.

However after a lot of digging in different threads I found one where someone send if you check the instagram 'sale channel' page on shopify before you shop is reviewed it insta-rejects your store.

What you need to do is just set everything up, then leave the page and wait for a confirmation email. Just tried it and it worked first time. Took 2/3 days for the confirmation but now it’s up and running.

Previous 1