Instagram channel

Instagram channel

by Shopify

Sell on Instagram by tagging products in your posts & stories.

Wildbirdink

fantastic app, get your shop on facebook.

I first linked my instagram account to my facebook public page via instagram settings on my phone.

if its not working you need to make sure your facebook pulic page is "published", you`ve connected your payment method through FB business manager, and chosen the SHOP template may also help within your facebook page. fill in all other settings regards your business address, name, link your card for ad payments via business manager which will set up an ad manager account for you. make sure you are admin on your facebook page which should happen by default if you created the page. create an @yourbiz name on the home page settings.

that said, use incognito mode to avoid cache and cookie issues, and in chrome browser go to settings > advanced > privacy security > site settings > cookies, ENABLE ALLOW 3RD party cookies. That worked for me.

I also added
www.facebook.com
www.instagram.com
www.ebay.com

in the "allow list" in that cookies section.

I installed the facebook app first, on shopify, then the instagram app.

ShaoTravel

Its really nice the page. I love the sysytem.
All content is of excellent quality. The only thing I have noticed is that when I access my profile from my desktop computer, I can not upload photos or videos and I can not chat.

Neopharma.mx

I was having a problem to connect the instagram account in the begining. But shopify support was great and provided a solution for me. My products are in instagram now. Thank you! :)

May 31, 2019

Thank you for sharing this feedback-- we'd love to help you figure this out! I’ve followed up with you via email so we can investigate this further, and I look forward to hearing back from you soon. - Lauren, Shopify Support

Go Funky Socks

This app takes some tweaking but once it is lined up, it really works very well. If you have trouble make sure you reach out to the Shopify Support team and developers, they are really good at finding out what the problem is when things don't seem to be working right. Can't thank them enough.
Thanks Lauren, you are awesome. This app does exactly what it says.
5 stars all day.

Nick

May 28, 2019

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback about the Instagram app! We'd love to look into this further to make sure the app functions properly. I’ve reached out to you via email to get the gist of what's happening with your store, hope to hear from you soon! -Lauren, Shopify Support

Samson & Charlie

The App works fine and my store is connected. However, has ANYONE sold 1 item via Instagram? 6 Months 3,000 sales later and no one has bought by the in app option ?

Nalexi

nice web me ha encandado Provide some detail about what you did or did not enjoy about using this app. Your comments can help other merchants decide whether to use this app.

Poolside.

I had problems with not being able to tag my products on Instagram, but after getting in touch with them, I received a detailed email response to help, and now everything is sorted!

Bell Stylish Fashion

I use this app to promote my business. This app helps me get in touch with my friends and customers.

Mack's Merch

I am happy that my Shopify and IG work, I figured out how to tag my products with each photo. I see that some followers click on these photos tagged to my products on shop. Thanks!

ThisBlueBird - Modern Vintage

First... We've been using this channel since it was launched and we definitely get sales from Instagram, actually more from IG than from Facebook or Pinterest. 95% of the time we have had no issues. Within 10 min or so after adding a new product, it is available to tag on IG. If we had one request, it would be for IG to make it easier to search for the item when tagging on the IG App, but that has nothing to do with this channel or Shopify.

Second.... All of the issues that people complain about in these reviews are actually Facebook problems. Yes, that's right, Facebook, not Shopify. The only thing this app does is automatically feed your product data for you so you don't have to do it the hard way by uploading CSV files to Facebook Business Manager. If your products are being rejected by FB, it's not because of an issue with this Shopify app. FB owns Instagram so anything advertised on IG is subject to FB advertising rules, and the FB automated system for reviewing products and flagging violations is kind of a mess.

At first you could report the violations for review and they would get fixed within a couple days. Then FB turned off the ability to report through the app for a while. (BTW, all the info you see on the FB and IG channel screens through the Shopify dashboard is supplied and controlled by FB and they change it whenever they want.). During the reporting blackout phase we resorted to contacting them through the Biz Support page on FB, and got a chat session with someone who escalated the wrong violation flags and he got them fixed. Not gonna lie, it took weeks of pestering FB through all available contact methods and a few chat sessions, but it was eventually fixed. Then about 8 months later it started happening again, but only for a few products, and by then they had turned on the request review feature again. Although, we still had to open a new chat to get it fixed. Even the FB support people have acknowledged that the automated system is the issue and things are often mis-categorized. This isn't really surprising considering the volume of products it has to review and potentially reject.

The point is, if you are having trouble getting your products approved, as long as they are not legitimately violating the FB ad policy (which is outlined here: https://business.facebook.com/policies/ads), start by contacting FB Business support. Go to this page, scroll down, click the Get Started button next to contact support. https://www.facebook.com/business/resources/ . You will have to have a legit FB biz page for your business, and you'll probably be asked to prove you are the owner/admin of the biz. Sometimes it takes a few tries to get someone to help you because some of the groups will say they don't support "tagging" issues. You have to get to the right area of FB biz support.

Also, here's another trick we learned the hard way. If you ever have an issue where new products are not feeding to FB/IG and it's been a day or so, contact Shopify first and ask them to refresh the feed, it will usually start the flow again. Do not disconnect the FB channel and reconnect it. That means FB will have to review all of your products over again and that takes a long time.

Previous 1 3 4 5