Tag your posts & stories
Let people discover your products while they browse their Instagram feed.
Sell on Instagram
Let customers check out from your posts & stories without leaving Instagram.
Highlight your shoppable posts
Add a shop tab to your profile and let shoppers browse your tagged products.
About Instagram channel
Sell on Instagram
Give shoppers a way to buy from your store on Instagram by tagging products in your photos. Use the Instagram channel to connect your Facebook products to your Instagram account. Tag up to 5 products per photo and let customers check out without leaving Instagram. Once you’ve tagged products in 9 posts, a shop tab will show up on your profile that lets shoppers browse your shoppable posts—all in one place. You can also choose to further the reach of your tagged posts using Instagram's sponsored post ads.
With Shopify and the Instagram channel, you can:
- add Instagram product tagging to your Instagram business profile
- connect your store’s Facebook product catalog to your Instagram business profile
- add shopping tags to your posts & stories and let customers purchase from your online store without leaving Instagram.
- fulfill orders placed on Instagram
To use the Instagram channel, you need to:
- have the Facebook channel
- be an admin for a Facebook Page approved to sell on Facebook
- have the online store channel
- have an Instagram business profile
- be located in one of the eligible countries
Overall rating Based on 230 reviews
Most recent reviews
Panoramic Lifestyle Clothing
Giving this 2 stars instead of one because I eventually got this working. I also used the Facebook Business Manager, Facebook Feed for the catalog, and the pixel integration. Previous I kept getting instantly denied every time I attempted to connect the IG sales channel. I used another IG account and after 4 days that was approved for product tagging. Unfortunately, I built a decent size following and business off of @panoramiclifestyleclothing already and I really don't want to start over.
Graymedics Fully Ozonated Olive Oils Health and Beautiful skin
The app was ultra painful to setup and took some time but got there in the end which is great tagging my products. So dont stress. There are a bunch of things that need to happen to become eligible and thanks to shafquatarefeen:
- Install Facebook Feed - Product Feeds Made Easy
- Facebook page setup as with business manager and the page owner must be your business page manager NOT yours.
- Facebook shop enabled and tagged only as "shopping retail"
- Facebook Business manager create a catalogue and populate it from url using the link from the app you installed Facebook Feed - Product Feeds Made Easy.
- Ad Account owned and created by business manager and NOT your personal one.
- Business manager created PIXEL and NOT your own.
- Install Instagram sales channel and get your error :D
Then after all this it still wont work ( most likely ) take a screenshot of the error in shopify then go here facebook.com/business/support/topic/instagram
They will check everything then a day or so bam! You should be golden. Good Luck.
This is pathetic and Shopify you should get off your high horse and help rather than just taking people's subscriptions. I have tried several times to connect my perfectly legitimate shop selling perfectly legitimate products to work on Instagram. Nothing in Instagram's compliance gives any reason why I can't use their tagging etc and my Facebook Shop works perfectly. Noone at Instagram gets back to you because they are all on Facebook reading about their friends cat or what patterns have been created in their coffee foam today. Action is the only thing that should happen here. If a store is rejected there should be an easy channel to contact someone at Instagram to sort the issue. There's no excuse at all just bad business practice and Shopify you should be helping. It's not acceptable in anyway whatsoever. I'm really savvy with computers and IT and I find this to be a total balls up. Don't know how other less IT knowledgeable people sort this at all. Really pathetic.