Tag your posts & stories
Let people discover your products while they browse their Instagram feed.
Sell on Instagram
Let customers check out from your posts & stories without leaving Instagram.
Highlight your shoppable posts
Add a shop tab to your profile and let shoppers browse your tagged products.
About Instagram channel
Sell on Instagram
Give shoppers a way to buy from your store on Instagram by tagging products in your photos. Use the Instagram channel to connect your Facebook products to your Instagram account. Tag up to 5 products per photo and let customers check out without leaving Instagram. Once you’ve tagged products in 9 posts, a shop tab will show up on your profile that lets shoppers browse your shoppable posts—all in one place. You can also choose to further the reach of your tagged posts using Instagram's sponsored post ads.
With Shopify and the Instagram channel, you can:
- add Instagram product tagging to your Instagram business profile
- connect your store’s Facebook product catalog to your Instagram business profile
- add shopping tags to your posts & stories and let customers purchase from your online store without leaving Instagram.
- fulfill orders placed on Instagram
To use the Instagram channel, you need to:
- have the Facebook channel
- be an admin for a Facebook Page approved to sell on Facebook
- have the online store channel
- have an Instagram business profile
- be located in one of the eligible countries
Most recent reviews
By Aga Robak
Instagram Shopping isn’t available for your account. Learn more about set up requirements. Not clear what's missing. I suspect the issue is that the catalogue in Facebook is owned by Shopify, nothing I can do about that. Spent more than a week trying to set it up, unclear if it will ever work.
Yeah, I can confirm it's not working. You load the page and it's basically a settings page. They've paused on connecting or developing it so they can develop a new app with Facebook & IG together.
I can confirm there is a glitch rendering this app broken to those who are not already approved at this time.
Shopify is working on a "Coming Soon" FB/IG Hybrid Sales Channel App... but to leave the original frozen is very tone deaf during the pandemic for small business owners. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯