Instant Search +

Advanced Search App, Filters, Merchandising used by Top Brands

Pix Gifts

Not Paying $150 A Month For This... That's Crazy

Merchology Canada

Had a nightmare of a time transferring our Instant Search + data over to a new Shopify store. Instant Search + works pretty well once you have it setup, but migrating data to a new store was sure a headache.

Retro Active Smoke Shop

Was paying $100/month and had an issue with the way this app was working. Took two times reaching out to customer support to get an answer. When I did, they told me there was a conflicting problem with their app and another. Instead of looking into they told me to contact support for the other app. Needless to say, deleted instant search and installed another.

Mycharge

App has great functions but is very confusing to use and customer support hasn't proven to all that helpful - I have a number of things I'm looking to improve within the autocomplete and results and simply can't figure out how to do them.

Wellplayed

I do like Instant Search +, dont get me wrong, it's a really really good search index that works absolutely flawless most of the time.

My issue is the pricing, i have a relatively small shop and i HAVE to shell out 20$ per month because i have alot of products listed and i find it heavily overpriced for what i'm getting.

While i was in the trial i could at least Sync the data on demand, now that i'm paying i dont have this option anymore. So whenever i change prices i have to live with the fact that people will see the WRONG prices in search until the next day. They will also not see newly added products until the app decides to sync the next day by itself.
That is unfortunately a huge bummer for any business that changes it's products / prices quite fast.

The solution is simple... spend even more money so i can sync on demand. But i'm not willing to do that, as i already find the price borderline acceptable for what volume we have.

Anyways... the app itself is great, the separation of features for small clients like me is very unfortunate and i cannot recommend it under these circumstances for anyone who works at low margins. Pricingplans that take away core features which are convenient are a thing of the past.

Until sync on demand is in the cheaper plans this app is a 3 / 5 in my book unfortunately. I expect this as a core functionality from a Search App. Otherwise it doesnt work correctly simple as that.

(And i'm not even having the cheapest plan mind you!)

3 / 5