Inventory Source

Inventory Source

by Inventory Source

Sync Thousands of Dropship Products & Orders Seamlessly

The Melton Ultimate Vape Store

I use inventory source to keep my wholesaler warehouse stocks up to date on my web shop. I auto update twice daily to keep up with my suppliers stocks.

It works great and accurate, the out of stock levels are also kept correct. This is a great app and would recommend it to anyone who has a wholesaler lonked on there.

The Perfumerie

This could be a fantastic and invaluable app for sellers looking to resolve stock sync from a supplier to their Shopify store. There is a little bit of a learning curve with the app but once you figure it out it's fairly easy. The filter and update feature within the dashboard is too limited making editing more difficult and time-consuming than it should be.

The problem is - and it's a big problem - that the sync provided by Inventory Source is missing half of the data you need to actually make your store work! Once you start to analyze the data most of it is actually not complete and authentic from the supplier, but is poorly parsed with so many errors you can't fully use it.

For example:

- The feed data doesn't contain all description tags from the supplier meaning you don't have the product descriptions that are vital to sell most products. If you have hundreds or even thousands of products, this becomes a big problem and you can't add the descriptions that really should come with the sync.
- Inventory Source doesn't provide sync of variables from the suppliers data such as size options, volume, colors, etc. Products with multiple options end up all over the place in separated listings. It becomes a headache and pretty impossible trying to organize this mess into Collections and search filters.
- Some of the synced data is outdated and did not match the suppliers data. Some prices did not reflect the actual product price.
- Synced stock availability was not always accurate.
- The sync didn't come with the UPC/EAN codes meaning you cannot sell the products on other platforms, like eBay or Amazon, etc., where these codes are a must before you can list anything.

Over-Priced

If you want to sync supplier stock data without ability to automate the order processing they charge $50 a month which is excessive.

For Full Automation (Auto-Order processing, Sync Shipment Tracking to Sales Channels) Inventory Source charges an over-priced $150 per month with a limit of only 250 orders per month for 1 supplier.

You can get a more comprehensive feed with unlimited products, UPC codes included, and automated order processing (which Inventory Source charge $150 p.m.) for only $20 per month from other suppliers.

In other words, the most vital features are missing to even make it useful. What exactly am I paying for then? And forget about refunds... they won't refund you anything. I wasted two months on setting up my store plus their fees due to this poor quality third-party parsed sync. I have to start from scratch.

Had the sync been of much better quality and not faulty and missing so many vital details, this could be a "must-have" app for Shopify.

April 22, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. However, I don’t think it’s a fair assessment to lump “the feed” into one category. We have over 200 suppliers with all different inventory feeds, and we have no control over what data the supplier decides to provide. We are simply the automated software link between your store and the supplier. Of course if you would like to reach out to our support we are happy to evaluate any specific integration.

Also to clarify on your comment about the “manual import” of stock data, this is simply not the case. In all of our plans we provide full inventory and product data automation, meaning automated uploads of product data and syncing of inventory. Unlike some of the other apps/software you might see ours allows you to quickly upload (and maintain) tens of thousands of products while controlling your supplier feed to exactly the products you want, priced at your exact price, and into your specific categories. In many cases, this would take a full time employee’s salary to be able to manage this for an ecommerce store, so we feel $50/month is a fair price to accomplish all these typically manual tasks.

nicefindsco

Inventory Source really helped make my business more efficient and effortless when it comes to having updated supplier inventory and the easiness of using the tools. The Catalog Manager is a God send, especially since my business uses multiple dropship suppliers, so without Inventory Source helping to manage and automate all of them, I wouldn't have enough time to focus my efforts on marketing to actually acquire customers. Definite 5 stars.

getnowmart.com

HORRIBLE, WORST i lost $50 once they get your money, no way to contact them, no one to respond. Keep away

April 22, 2019

Hi there! We did some quick research on your store name, and it seems that our Customer Support Manager tried reaching out to you via phone and email. We would’ve been more than happy to assist you, but it seems like we never got a response. We have multiple avenues to contact us, including scheduling calls with our technical support experts and our support email with an average response time of 3 hours.

ClothesTogether

I truly love this company. I started with them just last week and I had so so so many questions, and I felt like they were probably getting annoyed with me but, they were kind, friendly, responsive, and so helpful. I feel like I can truly put my trust in them. Anytime and everytime I have reached out to any of them they were more than willing to help. I am so happy with the supplier I found through them. I had picked one supplier that I really liked at first, and I still do but, they didn't have all their products in stock I say less than half of the inventory count showing and I will say I reached out to them to switch supplier and even though they normally wouldn't do it, they switched me anyway. I believe it was because they understood and agreed with my decision since it was not my fault that suppliers inventory count showed a totally different count from come what was synced into my store. Anyway, thank you so much for all your support and help Inventory Source crew. You guys kick ASS and I am very impressed with everything including customer support.

Mountain Man's Gear Shop

If this would let me, 0 stars would be given. Just work with the actual suppliers directly and save your money. These people are happy to take 150 dollars a month for below sub-par service, a dysfunctional app, and an in house "supplier" called US Direct that is floundering miserably as item after item goes out of stock and never gets restocked, ever. The list goes on. I have to start my entire store over from square one thanks to the incompetence of this app and its staff.

April 22, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. It looks like we tried reaching out to you several times to learn more about what issues you were facing and what we could do to help, but never received a response back. We have hundreds of satisfied customers on US Direct, and we would love to hear specific feedback on the problems you have faced as there is always room to improve!

Velvet Lips Lipstick

I've been using this app for a little over a year and it works very well for me. Sometimes I add in a different picture to show a different side of the product. Highly recommend.

Witchleaf Coven

So far this app has exceeded expectations. My 6k+ inventory was uploaded within one day pictures included. It auto updates stock levels for me and has saved me a lot of manual work. Although it is a little on the pricier side id say its worth it as I value my time. It also gives you a lot of tools to work with. This is the most valuable app im using at this moment. Love it!

Bayou Outdoor and Survival Supplies

Inventory Source is must for integration of products to my store. Saves me hoards of time. I couldn't handle the work it alone

Neptune's Boat

If Shopify is the foundation, Inventory Source is the skeleton that supports the walls of our store. With over 14,000 SKUs in our inventory, Inventory Source makes it easy to manage which SKUs are in our catalog and how those products appear to the customer. It allows us the ability to quickly set pricing rules as well as automatically keeping inventory levels in sync with our suppliers so that we never have to send the dreaded "Sorry, but we are currently out of stock" email. We can honestly say that without Inventory Source we would not have the time or energy to focus on driving sales to our website.