Marketplace in a Box

Marketplace in a Box

by Marketcube.io

Create your Amazon or Etsy style marketplace in minutes

Haably

This app look amazing on papers, but it as so much bug and the customer services is just not so great but it's now better after we complain. We still have faith it but they have to prove us they can deliver. We will give them an other week or two but if they can't deliver we can wait longer for our launch. Our vendors try to connect there paypal, it fail, we try to have support to fix it, and its just so slow that our vendors get discourage. If they can have a better customer support and gives us live support in a 6h window they will become one of the top app.

Tiny Bodega

As an update, the company has refunded me 2 months out of 5. The company automatically charges a subscription fee after the 30-day trial. They explained this to me and have offered a partial refund. Although I would have liked a full refund, I now understand the fault was also on my end for not checking the trial terms. ------ I downloaded this app and immediately realized it did not have the capabilities I needed. I never used the app, nor did I activate a plan. However, I was charged for 5 consecutive months for the app. I reached out to the company explaining this error only to be refused a refund or any help at all. It's unfortunate when companies are dishonest. I would have hoped to refer them based on their customer service, even though the product wasn't right for me; however, after being charged nearly $400 and treated so poorly, I cannot in good faith recommend this app to anyone.

June 29, 2021

Hi, many thanks for you review. However, I would like to point out that we provide a 28 day free trial, that you as the Shopify store owner activated. We are not in anyway in-charge of your billing or for activating charges.

In this case you installed the app, agreed to the terms and then did not uninstall it for five months, we cannot uninstall it for you. The timeline of events is as follows:

1. The user installed the app on 27-Dec-2020 at 1:59 pm.
2. Recurring charge was accepted by the user on 27-Dec-2020 at 2:00 pm, this was accepted by the user only. The process does not proceed further till the time the user does not accept it.
4. The app was uninstalled by the user on 16-June-2021 at 9:06 pm.
5. On 16-June recurring charge was cancelled automatically.

We have a simple view, once an app is installed and Shopify has charged you then they pay us on a bi-monthly basis. We do not have any control on the charge that you agree to and activate.

Our terms of service are clear on this which you do agree to before you accept to go on a trial: www.marketcube.io/terms

We are a services platform and once an account is active allocate resources to it, which we provide for free for only the first 28 days. This is no different to any other online service say NetFlix, that once the account is active, you have access to all the features.

It is unfortunate that you think we are somehow accessing your account and pulling money from it. To be clear there is no mechanism available for us to do that as all our subscriptions run via Shopify and you agree to the charges you incur on third party apps like.

Portland Cottage Industries

It's okay, and mostly does what I need. Quality of individual parts of it is very hit and miss, documentation is sparse, and support is only helpful if you're persistent and are willing to suffer miscommunications and delays. Vendors have no complaints, and one says the upload process is easier than what she's used to with Shopify stores. This is the best aspect of Marketcube so far. However, we haven't officially opened so I can't comment on that side of things. The interface for approving items works, but is clunky. You have to visit the item to check what it is, but then you can't approve within that screen - you have to go back and approve in a different screen. Vendor pages exist, but it's unclear how to edit them or link to them from the individual products. I'll probably end up creating my own vendor pages because that's easier than figuring out Marketcube from their sparse documentation and hit-or-miss support (see next paragraph) Support is also hit and miss. The first time, I got a relatively prompt response with exactly the information I needed. The second time, they told me to do something I'd already done and asked for a screenshot I'd already given them. The third time was on a Friday, and they promised me screenshots on how to do something - which they delivered on Monday, and the screenshots appeared to use a completely different version of the software than what I had been given access to. What makes this worse is that the help bubble will not show you previous messages until you type something new, so if I want to check if there's an answer I have to type a nonsense message into the chat. One thing to help your experience: the app is slow when using it within Shopify, but is significantly faster if you access it on the Marketcube site. I hope to update this to a 5-star review eventually, but right now Marketcube too painful to use, the documentation too sparse, and the support quality too erratic.

February 21, 2021

Thank you for your review and sorry to hear about your experience. We have launched new interface and added significantly more features now, including stand-alone vendor pages (if you remember this was in Beta testing when you got access to it hence you experienced above mentioned issues with screenshots). Our support response time remains same-day, please do reach out to us directly if you have any more questions or feedback. We would love to help. Maria, maria.kucheryavaya@marketcube.io