JSON‑LD for SEO

JSON‑LD for SEO

by Little Stream Software

Increase organic SEO traffic through Google's Rich Results

Roano Collection

NB: From Jun 9 till Sep 10 (3months) Still no results in Fact too much warnings and errors, site links search box still going down everyday in Google search console, i had to hire someone to remove this app and install everything again properly.
***DONT WASTE YOUR MONEY AND TIME WITH THIS APP***
_________________________________________________________
The worst app ever i didnt see any improvement.
I didnt see any rich results...
we paid for nothing... and when i ask eric for refund he said he dont do it.
i install it for 3 months now nothing shows....
always giving me reasons for not working.... the people who write they see results in 3 days lLOOOLLL that is so funny
dont purchase it and make our mistakes.
NB: 1-the other app your saying that i install it was before yours dear.
Again you didnt say anything until i asked you after 1 month when i will see results?? and you suggest to remove the first one.

August 12, 2019

September 9th update:

You do not have the right to call me names, call my customers names, and send me harassing emails. I do not tolerate this sort of behavior. You do not have to like the app or find it valuable, but you do have to treat people with respect.

Your license is revoked and you are no longer able to access my app.

Since writing this reply below, this customer has continued to send harassing emails full of insults and update their review to manipulate me into giving them a refund.

Original response from August 12th:

1. You installed JSON-LD for SEO on June 9th, it is now August 12th. That's 2 months and 3 days, not 3 months.

2. One month in (July 8th) you installed another app that tampered with and damaged your structured data. When I detected that, I recommended removing it because it would block your Rich Results and reset Google's analysis timeline.

3. After the offending app was removed, your structured data started working again on July 10th. By installing that other app you lost a month of progress and were starting over from day 1 with Google.

4. Over the last 2 months I've told you that the speed at which Google awards Rich Results can vary. I recommended multiple times that you should use this time to be working on other parts of your SEO and to be patient with your structured data, as changes to it can reset the analysis (point #2).

To sum it up: a month into the process your store installed another app whose bugs broke all of your structured data. When that app was removed 32 days ago Google has since restarted your analysis.

My advice to you then and still is to be patient, stop changing the structured data in your store, and give Google time to run their analysis. If you do this, you still might receive Rich Results since you have JSON-LD for SEO installed.

Additionally there is no need to accuse other customers of lying just because they received results faster. They followed my advice with the structured data, put in hard work on their SEO, and thus were rewarded by Google.

Lofthigher

When I started my Shopify store, I did not have too much experience relating to the SEO, Rich Snippets and this kind of things, that is why I thought that it could be one of the best option for my store and I paid the $299, after that I had some questions relating to the app, SEO and things like that. When I tried to ask my questions I have always got very rude responses, I felt very ashamed. Anyway, I thought that maybe he offers one of the best app in the Shopify app store, that is why he is charging that amount of money and behave me in a very rude way.(maybe due to that reasons it could be acceptable). It has been more than 3 months and for now, I have more experience about the SEO, Rich Snippets, way of the Support that average app owners provide and so on. For now, my store got rich snippets in the google search, but it has almost zero effect to my sales and as I get more experience I encountered with many apps that offer same service for a very, very low price and as I read the reviews of them I can see that their customers also happy with that apps. I cannot say that he did not provide what he claimed, but the thing is you can find same service for almost 10 times cheaper price. Just google it and even you can search in the Shopify app store, you will definitely find better and cheaper apps. As I mentioned above, when I purchase that app, I did not have experience, if I saw the review something like that I would purchase cheaper version of the exactly same service and most importantly, I could get better customer service. The most important lesson for me in the Shopify business was do not spend too much money for the things that you could get very, very cheaper version. You could ask that why there is a too many positive reviews here, as I mentioned above, they provide whatever they claim but most probably many of the positive review owners still have not made a research for the cheaper version or just close their store after few months later. Hope this review could help others, because I think that in that business everyone should help each other. Good luck to everyone

April 8, 2019

It wasn't my intention to be rude or make you feel ashamed.

Re-reading the emails, many of your emails were asking for services which I don't provide (social media marketing, affiliate marketing, PPC, other SEO services). Each of those I gave you what advice I could and told you how to look for someone who could help you (e.g. consultant).

My response to your last email was more direct because that was the 4th time you've asked the same question and it appeared to me that you were ignoring my recommendations.

- - -

> I cannot see the rich snippets, I wonder if there is any problem with the app?

Hey there,

How are you searching for the Rich Results?

I've searched for your Rich Results three times in response to your emails, each time showing you a sample of the Rich Results you have (April 11th, April 23rd, May 13th). Searching again today [June 20th] I can still see dozens of Rich Results (attached).

I'd recommend again to follow my article on how to search for Rich Results. It's the only way to consistently tell if they've been awarded.

[link to a resource on how to find Rich Results]

SunPlum

Usually I do not leave reviews unless I can say something good, but felt that we needed to make others aware to warn them, so they can save themselves the trouble/disappointment and skip this app and work with another app/company.

Essentially, it has gotten to the point where it seems like this app developer does not care about his clients anymore and provide misleading and false advertisement; since, he may believe he has gotten enough good reviews in the past, so he doesn’t need to bother anymore. In that, we signed up with this app developer about a year ago and at the time he offered two license plans: JSON-LD Basic tier option [$69] and JSON-LD for SEO Plus+ option [$299]. However, although money was tight, we chose to invest more upfront with this app developer by opting to pay for the $299 Premium Plus plan and install the app [he just recently stopped offering the $69 basic plan in 02-04-19].

Please note, he advertises this app as a one-time fee setup for each Shopify business store. During this time we rebranded and trademarked our brand and as a result updated our store URL to be consistent with our new trademarked brand. Since it’s the same business we also setup a permanent redirect of the old-shop-URL to the new-shop-URL. At the time we also had about 3 other one-time charge apps, including the JSON‑LD for SEO, making it 4 one-time charge apps in total; along with several other paid monthly apps.

Subsequently, we contacted all 4 app developers including JSON‑LD for SEO that provided the app at a one-time charge, to let them know we changed our brand but we are the same business and all products are same just update to our shop URL. All the app developers had no problem checking/verifying this, then told us to go ahead and install the app again and then they moved over/restored our account settings to the new shop URL without charging us again; since it’s the same business with one Shopify account.

However, its only Eric D the developer for this app, that refused to help us restore our previous paid account license and went as far as insulting us by telling us we can sign up for the $69.00 Basic license instead of the$299 Premium+ license because after 02-04-19, he would only be offering the $299 plan [as if we were unable to afford the $299 plan though we already paid him $299].

However, when I countered that if we wanted to buy his basic plan for $69, I would not have given him $300 for the premium plus+ plan before, for our Shopify store. He basically responded and stated in summary that, ‘since you are using a new myshopify url, it does not matter if it’s the same business and store, the only thing that matter is that only that you have a new Shopify account that has not paid for the app yet’.

So, we were really shocked and felt cheated by this response, because for him to communicate this after advertising that’s it’s a onetime fee license for one shop, it became very concerning the way he dealt with me and his cold inflexibility. For although we are a startup, we did not hesitate before to pay him for the JSON-LD for SEO Plus+ at $299 and now we are not able to benefit from the app, since you would have had to wait a longer term to see the results. But because of this very bad support service we will never know...as we no longer have the app setup for our store because of this unfair app developer.

However, I did not want to waste any more time trying to reason with him on this, because it was pretty clear cut, that he had a choice to do the right thing and help us restore our previously paid licensed account like the other app developers, since it’s the same shop and business and he chose not to do the right thing. So, I just decided to cut our losses with him while we are ahead and alert others about this dishonest/misleading practice.

Also, please note, once I told this app developer I was going to share my experience, he did not respond. But all of a sudden, the regular business tips newsletter he was sending me before when I paid for the $299 plan, stopped abruptly, so it looks like we got unsubscribed from his newsletter. Which actually works out best for us, because when you first signup up for his plan, he starts spamming you with several canned emails in an exaggerated effort to show he cares about your business when the reality is, he doesn’t. So, we would rather not get any emails from him, because what he is telling you, you can easily get this information from Shopify blogs and online resources when you need it. So, I am glad he has decided to stop spamming us, because 99% of his canned emails we don’t read anyway.

Since then, we’ve researched and signed up for the free SEO JSON-LD Boost by Verge that does the same thing his app does for $299, so we wish we had found that before we lost $299 with him.

Plus, to complete our SEO circle we also use the Smart SEO app that does even more and that team is very professional/easy to work with. The cool thing is that Smart SEO works awesome with the free SEO JSON-LD Boost by Verge that replaces this app, so there is no app conflict.
Plus, to ensure we get the best results, we are doing ongoing organic SEO optimization for our shop as well for the long term game and PPC for short term, that helps balances out our store traffic very well.

Hope this helps.

March 1, 2019

Store rebranding and changing the domain name is fine and many customers do that all the time.

In this case, your original account on Shopify was closed when you moved to a different platform for a year. Then when you came back to Shopify you created a completely new account. That's why your previous license for the app could not be transferred, it is tied to your original account not your new one.

My guess is that the other three apps you are referring to comped you their apps, essentially giving you two copies for the price of one.

Similar to you, I am a startup and I am unable to give away copies of my apps for free.

I'm glad you found alternatives for SEO and I wish you success.

Dealsfinderorg

Awful app. Terrible support.
After 1 day and several emails, I realized that the app cannot work in my store.
Instead of giving me a refund, Eric said it's my problem.
IM IN SHOCK ! 1 day I used the app and I pay for a lifetime.
BE AWARE.
Shame on you, Eric.

March 1, 2019

This store configured their product reviews app to combine reviews for their products (e.g. claiming 2,100 reviews on a product with 0 reviews). This is a violation of Google's policy and can cause Google to penalize the domain and remove all Rich Results.

When the store emailed to check on how things were doing, I noticed the issue above. I recommended they contact their reviews app so it could be fixed to comply with Google's policy.

I also told them that JSON-LD for SEO would still work for them but if Google decided to penalize their store from the bad review data, then none of the structured data would be allowed into Google. Google penalties are domain-wide and don't make the distinction between good data and bad data when it comes to violations.

The store ignored my advice because they wanted the better conversion rates coming from combining reviews (their words, not mine).

Eventually Google noticed the store reviews violated the policy and Google removed all their Rich Results. This is not something my app has control over, this is a Google policy.

I informed them again that the problem was with their reviews app and gave them resources on how to fix their reviews to maybe get Google's penalty lifted. They declined my advice and wrote this review instead.

The app was working, but Google caught their reviews app breaking Google's policy which cut off this store's Rich Results domain-wide.

Dreamy Presets

BEWARE! Updating our review.

We have used this app for over two years but will delete it soon. Recently, we found that it embeds your personal contact information (name, address and phone number) on every single page in the HTML. If you do a search on Bing, this information is now included as part of the search results! Whatever contact information you put in the Shopify General Settings, it will display it without your knowledge and consent even if that information is meant for Shopify use only.

Also, if you create any pages, it also embeds the site owner name as the author name, and this gets displayed in the search result on Bing. We’re taking about FAQ, About Us, etc...which is completely ridiculous. You do not need to know who authors pages, it's not the same as blog posts! Shopify does not give you the option to the define this when you create a page, so why does this app decide to embed this as part of the meta data? It’s ridiculous and invasive.

We asked the developer of this app to remove this information from the app, but he has refused. Instead he is asking us to update to the contact information! We sell downloadable digital products and only provide email support! We do not want the phone number and address to be made public! We reported this issue to Shopify, and was told this app should have never exposed our personal information, and it is considered a privacy violation.

Do not use this app unless you don’t care to have your personal information / contact information meant for Shopify use only to exposed to the public.

Response to developer:

We provide support by email only, so why would we want the phone number to be exposed? We told you this already. The problem is that you're injecting information that the merchant does not want, and there is no way for them to opt-out. You provide no settings in your app to do this. You should be absolutely clear in your app description what data fields you are injecting and let us decide if we want to download your app or not. The contact information in the General Settings is NOT public information. The merchant does not have to share this information publicly, and you should not make the assumption to display it without our consent.

April 17, 2019

As I said over email, you entered your personal address and phone number into the public business information fields in Shopify (General Store Settings). If you wanted to keep that data private, you should have entered your public business address and phone number instead.

I shared how you can change that in Shopify and never once refused to help you. But you declined my advice and immediately escalated.

I would encourage you next time to have a calm conversation. I would have liked to gone through solutions with you.