Judge.me Product Reviews

Free plan available
Rating (5)
Developer
January 25, 2023

Full of bugs, the worst reviews app. A nightmare to configure and asking for money for the most basic stuff. The carusel its messed up. Cant edit/add photos. The text looks like in notepad

Chicmoo
Time spent using app: About 2 hours
Judge.me replied January 27, 2023

I'm sorry to hear that you are having trouble configuring the app. Our support team has reached out to you so we can fix the carousel and assist in setting up the app fully. Hope to speak soon!

January 16, 2023

My account hasn't been working for months. I've contacted customer support for help and can't receive any help.

CopyThat
Time spent using app: 11 months
January 3, 2023

Terrible app. First: It uses Postmark for mail witch is not safe! Second: If you remove the app your backend will still be full off stuff from the app. It leaves a lot behind after deinstall. And there is no way to remove it! And I think the stuff left behind is slowing down my shop since. Dropped 5 points.

VERY BAD!

Greenflash Wijn
Netherlands
Time spent using app: 6 minutes
Judge.me replied January 4, 2023

Hi, we definitely can help you check and remove any leftover code, as well as run though any speed or security concerns you may have, including switching email providers from Postmark to other options. After app uninstall, we lose theme API access and some things can't indeed be automated anymore. But we can definitely go over your backend if you share some permissions with us and our customer support team has reached out about next steps.

Edited December 29, 2022

The app has slowed down the store by solid 15 points. The customer service will tell you how great and site-speed-friendly their app is - well the tests tell it clearly - the app is slowing down the store by a lot, no matter how great they think their app is. My advice - do a pagespeed test before and after installing the app, and widgets, and you'll see it for yourself.

Another thing - after uninstalling the app, they leave all their code on my website!!! I've uninstalled the app, and my speed score has still not fully recovered from before-installing and now I have to go through a bunch of code to delete whatever they've left. I would give them -5 stars, if I could.

UPDATE: The judge me support has spammed me over the last week literally everywhere. On all my personal and business emails, on forums I'm on, - and telegram, which is based on my personal phone number. How they've managed to find it, I have no idea - but it is a huge invasion of privacy. I really wish there would be a rating below 0 in cases like this. Be careful about data protection when being involved with them, I only gave them my business email, so I have no idea how they've found me on other platforms...

SugoiPlush
Poland
Time spent using app: 4 months
Judge.me replied January 4, 2023

Hi, we definitely can run though any speed concerns you may have and help check and remove any leftover code. After uninstalling our app, we lose theme API access so we cannot automatically remove the code from your theme – this is something that affects all apps on Shopify. We can definitely go over your backend if you share some permissions with us, or if you prefer, walk you through instructions about how you can do it yourself. Our customer support team has reached out to you via the contact info available on Shopify and we are on hand to help whenever you're ready.

December 17, 2022

I've had this app for a year and suddenly nothing works. Unless I pay for more than I need. My biggest problem is that the app wants me to update but the details raise red flags. Why do you need a customers phone #….I don;t ask for it. And why location details? That has nothing to do with a review. you just seem to be gathering data from my customers for some reason that isn't pertinent to the focus of the app. WHY? there is not place to get answers. I had a problem last month and never got a solid answer but I had to do other work, so havn't pressed. I need a place to go to find out how this app that worked a t first is now so messed up it is useless. Plus you give me no options for WHAT data I will allow you to collect. You don't need my customers IP address, unless you are working for the government. Get some decent answers that are easy to find and implement or I can't recommend.

NatureScapes Studio
Time spent using app: About 2 years
Judge.me replied December 19, 2022

Founder and CEO of Judge.me here.

The Shopify permissions you are accepting cover the data needed to run all features of our app: SMS requests, showing review location, etc.

We are not doing anything with that info unless you enable those features in our app.

Apps on Shopify can only ask for permissions needed to run the app, per Shopify policy.

Hope this clarifies things. Our support has reached out to you and we hope to talk more soon.

November 27, 2022

YIKES... installed the app and saw the next day it slowed my store 15 points. No thank you... DELETED! I saw a couple of reviews that said this and something told me not to do it but tried anyway. I can confirm it is true.

Alexandria Lee Hair Care
Time spent using app: 1 day
Judge.me replied November 27, 2022

Founder and CEO of Judge.me here.

Our app is heavily tested not to impact speed. Our support team is reaching out to you, we will investigate what happened here and help resolve any issue.

Looking forward to talking soon.

September 24, 2022

Don't do it. Read the reviews. We thought well, we'd give it a try. Sure enough, certain applications of their app had to be installed outside of the application by their techs.... Well, this caused a bunch of embarrassing script code to show up on the landing page. It was painstaking to remove. We do not recommend this APP whatsoever.....

Marijuana Accessories
Time spent using app: 10 days
Judge.me replied September 25, 2022

Founder and CEO of Judge.me here.

Our team has reached out with a solution and I asked our CTO to check what happened in the first place. Our app has been optimized for each Shopify theme so finding out what exactly happened here is critical to us.

September 23, 2022

Absolutely terrible customer service. We found out after we set it up that no coupons were sent as rewards. We contacted the support, they told us its turned off, we sent screenshot as a proof that its not, they tell us we must have turned it on just now. Yeah right...
So we want to make test review, they tell us to upload review that matches conditions and reward will be sent. So we do that, no coupon is sent. Now they tell us its because it was done manually not automatically. Which nobody mentioned before. So I guess the only option is to wait and pray, and if it won't work this time, again somebody will tell me that we must have turned it off. Actually I should have just uninstalled it and use solution from other company. I wouldnt have wasted so much time and energy with these guys....

Lerni.sk
Slovakia
Time spent using app: 5 months
September 7, 2022

It is strange that everyone writes only positive reviews. So the Application slowed down my site by 6 points, and is also it not completely deleted!!! and stays viral on your Shopify account. After the deletion, I had to manually delete their pages (which remained), but their tabs remained directly in the main menu of my Shopify account, in the Marketing section (Judge.me review site referral, Judge.me coupon reward email, Judge.me initial review request ). And the most interesting thing is that the Judge.me support service, answers that it is impossible to remove it!!! I will write to Shopify support and find out how to permanently remove this virus program.

ScandinaviAntique
Sweden
Time spent using app: About 2 hours
Judge.me replied September 7, 2022

Founder and CEO of Judge.me here.

First of all, I looked through your support history and at times you have received replies that lacked empathy - my apologies for that.

To address your concerns:

1) Our app is optimized for page load speed (loading review widget from Shopify metafield, for example) so am surprised to hear you saw any negative impact. Please reach out to our support with more details, our devs will have a look.

2) If you need any help with code removal, our 24/7 support team is available to assist. After app uninstall we lose theme API access and some things can't indeed be automated anymore then.

3) The marketing events in Shopify admin reports show up automatically and it's not something apps have control over. Now that the app is no longer installed and no more events will trigger, the Judge.me events will disappear from your reports soon.

Hope that helps!

Hope to talk to you soon so we address and clarify all your concerns.

April 12, 2022

Admin is too complicated to navigate and looks a bit too clustered. Would be great if you can make the admin page a little more user friendly.

Euyi Cosmetics
South Korea
Time spent using app: 28 days
Judge.me replied January 4, 2023

Thank you for your feedback about our navigation. We have since updated our menus and flows to be more consistent with Shopify, and our design team is currently working on a deeper overhaul so that our admin pages are simpler and more user-friendly. Stay tuned – we expect to announce some big changes to our admin in 2023!