Katana ‑ Manufacturing ERP

Katana ‑ Manufacturing ERP

by Katana

Smart and Visual Manufacturing & Inventory Management

Radial Dynamics

As my business grew beyond the ability to manage my inventory and purchasing/manufacturing steps in an excel spreadsheet, I decided to give Katana a try and am glad I did. It integrates well with my Shopify store to keep track of inventory, plus the product recipe management and automated purchase order creation is a big time saver when it comes to ordering parts from my suppliers. It would be nice if there was a little more formatting/customization functionality which I know they are working on but overall I have been very pleased with this app and the value that I get out of it.

January 13, 2021

Thank you for your kind words. Happy you chose Katana!

MARILOU Shop

Great app if you are on making your own products and you have a production line process. The app is also great if you purchase from third sellers. The connection with Shopify is great.

December 30, 2020

Thank you for the review! 🤩

Ferris Wheel Press

We integrated several apps and had difficulty tracking our manufacturing and inventory in Shopify-- they did what they needed to do but didn't update the inventory accurately in Shopify. Katana helped track both the manufacturing side and inventory, and now we're able to track and plan what we need in stock for orders as well. (No more numerous spreadsheets!) Their customer service team is one of the best I've met-- they're quick to answer even during busy shopping seasons and they go above and beyond to guide you through Katana to get it to where you need it. They're open to questions and suggestions, which I appreciate as well. They're still growing and I'm excited about future functions they plan to introduce!

December 28, 2020

Thank you for your kind words. Your review means a lot to us at Katana and lets us know we’re on the right track!

Mountain Madness Soap Co.

We switched our MRP system over to Katana this year. With our quantity of materials and products, the migration project of our existing material / product / recipe data from our old system was significant but Katana's import functionality made it doable. The ease of use of Katana is great and it's simple interface allows all of our managers to easily get their jobs done. The real-time inventory integration with Shopify is the largest selling point of Katana and it has worked flawlessly. All of our Shopify locations are sync'ed properly with Katana locations and what we see for location stock quantity in Shopify always matches what Katana shows. I have talked with many of their developers and tech support and they have always been incredibly responsive and helpful. They have eagerly listened to my suggestions and wishlist items and with this being relatively young software, I really look forward to their future product development and new features. I have already taken care of a couple of our workflow pain points using their brand new Zapier integration and they just introduced their API. Now for the cons: There is no Etsy sales channel support. We have an old Etsy site that we continue to maintain and have had to develop (partially manual) workflows to deal with the lack of direct Etsy support in Katana. This software was clearly designed with a different manufacturing workflow than we use in our industry. Every recipe is defined on a "per each" basis so all of our batch recipes have to be manually converted and input into Katana. Katana needs the ability to allow batch recipe input with an expected yield. In turn, when a manufafacture is complete there is no way to input an actual yield versus the expected yield which results in needing to add manual stock adjustments for proper material removal during manufactures. For us, this is at least 50% of our manufactures and causes a lot of time consuming manual work. All in all, the Katana software and company are great and highly recommended!

December 28, 2020

Thank you for your feedback. We are glad that Katana has managed to meet your needs for inventory management. 🙌

We are also happy to inform you that actual vs. expected yield reporting is in the works and should be there soon.

Craft Tea Fox

As a small manufacturer, we use Katana to keep track of inventory parts including both raw materials and finished products. PROS: - really easy to use, great interface - support is responsive, although we didn't have much need for support thanks to a very thorough and detailed knowledge base - reasonably priced compared to other inventory management systems - good integrations with Shopify, Quickbooks, etc - it made inventory tracking a lot easier for us as a manufacturer. The manhours saved on doing Excel updates to inventory would definitely cost more if you run complex operations CONS: - It doesn't work well for Shopify bundle products, can only track vanilla products - It doesn't have a multicurrency feature for purchase orders (when you buy inventory in a currency different from your main currency) - It's not easy to account for freight costs in the costs of buying raw materials - You can't work in 2 browser tabs without paying for 2 users, this can be a little frustrating

December 28, 2020

Thank you for your review! We are glad you find Katana easy to use and a time-saver for your business.

Thank you for the feature suggestions - some of them are in our roadmap and will be worked on soon.

Floraflor

Katana is an intuitive, easy to implement and easy to use app. The integration with Shopify is a huge benefit which allows me to have up to date inventories on my e-commerce site. I like the product recipe feature which allows me to precisely know my cost of goods sold and adapt the pricing of my products. I would like to have a landed costs feature to easily factor transportation costs or discounts granted by my suppliers in the standard unit price of my materials. I have to manually do that in Excel, but Katana customer support told me this feature is in early 2021 roadmap.
Also, I'd like to have the option to add a picture of materials and finished goods in each product card, to easily recognize products. Katana makes my life easier and organized. Katana's customer support team is awesome, they're available, ready to help and they carefully listen to customer's needs especially around desired features. I'd definitely recommend this app.

December 28, 2020

Thank you for your kind words about Katana and our team. Happy to see your business thrive with Katana!

Solid Stash

We are a startup and produce and deliver vegan freezer meals. We found that Shopify didn't have sufficient functionalities to manage our production and stock. Katana is the right fit for us, as it's very user friendly & intuitive. It helps us run our production as we've uploaded our recipes in the tool. Customer support is excellent.

December 28, 2020

Thank you for the positive review! 🙌

Mozaico

Katana has been a professional and extremely efficient addition to Mozaico. As a mosaic art company that requires heavy inventory tracking for raw materials, Katana has been a bliss. This app has allowed us to standardize inventory management and focus on expanding other aspects of the business. Traditional inventory keeping is abolished through this app and we can't wait for future and beneficial updates.

December 28, 2020

Thank you. Happy to be growing together with you!

Plantgem

manufacturing admin and inventory management. Responsive domestic customer service/developer support

December 28, 2020

Thank you for your review. 🤝

Mountainside Orgánicos

Katana Inventory app is the best solution we have found to control our raw material down to selling the finished products. It helps with purchasing as well. It is easy to sign up and super easy to use. My only regret was not finding this app sooner. We were using one software for manufacturing and another for sales inventory and it was time-consuming. I highly recommend this app to anyone with a production to sales business.

Thank you. We are excited to see your business thrive with Katana! 🤩