Kin Custom

Kin Custom

by Kin Custom

Print & Dropship, Made Easy!

Leimana Hawaiian Artisan Jewelry & Gifts

This app is easy to use, even easier with a computer. The interface for cell phones is frustrating but they do tell you that the app is better on a computer. However, with everyone using their phones these days for everything, a better cell phone interface would be great!

The convenience of the app in terms of being able to see mockups of all kinds of products with your design on them, then deciding which one to design is great. Also, the option provided to do your descriptions and name your design once, and when it is uploaded to shopify it is auto added to each is cool too. However, I have yet to discover how to change the names of my designs once they are done, and there should be a bulk edit ability in the app to make changes to pricing, descriptions or sku’s, etc.

Interface between Shopify and this app is not as easy as Printful, but even with Printful, you still have to finish entering some info on each product, as is true for this app. I would love to not have to do that.

And, when an order is received, I have to manually send it to KC Custom, pay for it myself and manually add the tracking number to Shopify. Which is not updated by them, so I have to manually archive it once it’s delivered.

I love the variety of products offered and thus far I have not received any customer complaints about quality. I ordered a bag/purse for a sample and it felt “sticky” and looked not true to what I was expecting in terms of color, but not sure if it was because of my design, or my phone colors, the printing process or if it was bagged before it was completely dry. I ordered the slip on flyknit shoe as a sample and they were beautiful. The branded packaging of both the bag and the shoes were really nice as well!

My biggest complaint I guess is with fulfillment times and shipping times. In general, allow two weeks from order to delivery. I wish it was quicker, but since it comes from China, I understand.

So my review is mixed cause I have mixed feelings about this app. For now, as long as they offer unique products as they do, and have great customer service, which they do have, and the design process is stellar, I will continue to use them and put up with the downsides to this app, but they would be so much better with a few app changes and faster shipping.

Ps: it would be great to see some Polynesian/Asian models, larger (Above 2-3X) sizes, all over print onesies, more children clothing and accessories, more dog products, mens button down, short sleeve and long sleeve shirts, and women’s long casual dresses. Also it would be great to have a choice of background colors for products, and a selection for mirror printing on items. Also, when you have to add another design, it would be great for the program to default back to the page with all tour designs, rather than downloading the design again.

In spite of all if this, I love KC Custom and find myself designing like crazy!

Mahalo!

October 21, 2019

Hi Leimana Hawaiian Artisan Jewelry & Gifts,

Thank you for your thorough review! We appreciate all the details you mention.

Every item purchased is handmade to order so for this reason it takes slightly longer as we do not carry inventory and try to eliminate waste as part of our sustainability approach! We are actively working to improve our app accessibility and shipping times for a more seamless experience. Please note, we offer expedited shipping with a 3-5 business day turnaround if you prefer this instead of free standard shipping which can take longer from 7-10 business days.

Good news, some of the issues you are having can be easily resolved! You may check out our Shopify app comprehensive tutorial at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p7gcnRkHtBI&feature=youtu.be. This walks you through step by step on how to automate your order processing (see part 4). We certainly do not want you to do any manual updating!

For order processing, we cannot allow you to update SKU's as our system must be able to recognize the designed products. To update your design details including design name or description, simply login to your Kin Custom Shopify App and:

-Click 'Design' on the header
-Click 'Edit' on the top right thumbnail of the design
-Enter the updated design title, tags, and description

We’re so glad to hear you love the products and always welcome suggestions for new ones! You may submit a product request by visiting our website as each quarter we review every request to see how we can meet our customers needs for the upcoming seasons. As for the bag/purse sample, we apologize that your bag arrived sticky. We are looking into this issue with our production team to see what could have caused this issue. Our Customer Experience team will be in touch with you to get more details on this.

If you have any more questions or need help with order processing, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us at info@kincustom.com.

-Kin Custom

CultureCore

I just started using the app and I like it. I had to manually send the first order I received, will the API automatically check for sales and upload them to Kin Customs and how often?

April 25, 2019

Hi CultureCore! We appreciate you leaving a review for us. In order for customer orders to automatically appear in your Kin Custom app, you'll want to process the customer order but do not click 'Mark as fulfilled' within the order.

Instead you can simply follow the prompts below:
1. Process your customers order
2. Click Apps>Kin Custom app
3. Click Sales
4. Orders will automatically appear, follow the prompts for payment in order for Kin Custom to begin fulfillment.

Hopefully this helps but if you are still having troubles with order automation, please contact us at info@kincustom.com or we have our live chat available to assist you!

-Kin Custom, Customer Experience

KNG

I've been using Kin Custom with my store for over a year now and since the beginning I've loved how easy it is to take my ideas straight to production in a matter of minutes. Now that's it's integrated with my shopify store it makes the workflow even faster! My only issue is the sizing of the shirts and such. As a 6' 5" 245lb man, I find it hard to wear some of my own brand due to the XXL max size limitation. If they get that bumped up a bit I won't have a need to use anybody else for my brand.