Kit

Kit

by Shopify

Run better Facebook ads

Mckim Photography

This campaign brought 0 visitors to our store and resulted in 0 purchases. What else can I do for you?
1. Market products
2. Run business report
3. Update fans
4. Adjust kit settings
5. Set a new goal

Scoutbox

Buyer beware.

It's a great concept, but not sophisticated enough to really save you. Kit wasted our entire budget (hundreds, if not thousands, of dollars) for a handful (less than 5) conversions... No matter how many times we try to reconfigure our settings this happens.

Truebeautique

I was charged a fee for the only purchase that I've ever made using kit on an order that I created through my own site. The sale was not a result of the ads, it was a purchase I created for the model who was featured in my photos as a thank you but kit took credit for the sale.

The person DID NOT click the link and place an order, she had already texted me what she wanted to order so I created it not thinking I'd get charged for it since I created the order

Swayne Boutique

I have not found that Kit has been very helpful. It saves some time in posting but typically I'm happier with the Facebook post I post myself as opposed to Kit. I can post a personal comment where as it is very generic with Kit. It saves a few minutes but that's about it. If I text no to posting you have a few options but it's mostly reports that I run on my own anyway.

I don't believe it post to Instagram which I always post on so I may as well do all of my posting?!

Any suggestions or feedback from other users are welcome.

Hello Violet

I really wanted to like Kit but it's not an efficient app. This is especially true if you're concerned with your branding. Here are my complaints:

1. The Facebook posts and email messages are so generic and you can't adjust them. I let Kit post to FB once. It was a spiritual candle and the text on the post said "It doesn't get any better this!" I was so embarrassed. And then the emails: 'Our Latest and Greatest' does not match my brand whatsoever. I honestly can't figure out why you can't adjust the settings to make them actually match your store.
2. I've never had a Kit FB ad actually convert.
3. When I first got Kit and connected it to FB, my business page was moved into FB page manager and I could no longer access it from my personal account. Considering I'm the only person in my business, it kind of makes FB worthless if I have to sign into a whole other platform just to make a post. So I removed it from page manager and now it's back on my personal page.
4. I've set up my email templates and reply to address three times already, but every time I go into Kit settings I have to do it all over again.
5. I let Kit send an email yesterday, except it never got sent. I know this because I have two personal emails on my list and got nothing. I tried to resend when nothing happened, and Kit wouldn't do it because it said an email was already sent!

I really wish this worked better, especially since it is a free app. But good grief, I'm afraid of letting this robot handle anything in my business.

Deshara Baby Boutique

This app started out good and then it started to go down hill quickly. It suddenly removed my page from my facebook. It put all my admin access into business manager and the only way i could post anything on the page was on a desktop instead of my mobile. After about a week of using KIT with paid ads, it suddenly said i needed to add a payment method?!?! This started when i wanted to post to Instagram, till now i have not been able to post ads to Instagram with KIT. Now when i tey to post an ad via business manager it won't recognize that my business page is attached to my personal as an admin. Now i am worried if i uninstall this app that i won't have access to my business page anymore. How can i undo this?!?

Fashion Genie Boutique

Kit is a bit of a nuisance to be honest. I like the Facebook posts they make but the constant text messages is a real paid. I've stopped the messages, but once you want Kit to post on your Facebook you have to sign up again. I've had to put it on do not disturb

Bellas Machine

While its supposed to be free, it says free trial on this page. and I haven't really started using Kit and it emails me saying "We made $10!" We? $10? no $9.74 or something, so its not even accurate on purpose, and that item was listed before kit came onboard. It rounds the money up to $10. I do not find this helpful at all. And having some issues with store and ali and right now kit is just a pain.
And it has never asked me to do anything. I gave to stars because I hope it is free and actually maybe helpful.

Marvel Hairs

I never installed this app because I felt like I'd waste money paying this every month without a positive ROI, but since it's free now I decided to try it; even after reading the mixed reviews.

I don't think Kit works for every store. It seems to do good with popular or common niches, but not with the not-so popular or uncommon niches, not so much. My niche is natural hair and apparel, and there wasn't an option even close to that besides clothing.

All these reviews that say this app is great and did wonders for their store, I wonder how many times they altered an ad after Kit made it or if they let it be and was successful. I just wanted to see how the ad looks but didn't want to pay $25 for it. So I had to go into the ad to lower the ad budget. There should be more budget options than just increments of $25 with $25 being the minimum.

I knew I had to go alter the ad and I'm glad I did. It was going to target males, and the keywords that Kit added don't have anything to do with my store. I don't sell blouses or dresses so I don't understand how those keywords were suggested. It would have sent that ad to all the wrong people. I could be wrong since I've only tried one ad but I don't believe that Kit learns your store so it can make better ads with more relevant keywords in the future.

Kit should have more options for ad text as well. The best one is "You can't go wrong with any of these.", So I'd still have to come up with attractive captions.

One of the reasons Kit was created was to give business owners more time to focus on other things than the marketing side of their store, but if you have to go into every ad Kit makes to edit it to how it should be, then it's not saving you that much time.

Besides that, I think Kit helps stores who have a decent ad budget more than anything. I'm still in college so my ad budget is lower than most business owners, but I'll try it again when I can spend more to see if it makes a difference.

Best Home Rugs

Kit has its ups and downs,

Some things are just frustratingly stupid like I can't change the logo on my emails because they're taking it off my facebook photo but it doesn't blend into the email as it creates a contrasting background.

It also doesn't think I've connected Instagram to my facebook business manager but I have. It gives me a number to connect that is already connected and won't detect it.

Otherwise, it nice to have reports just an SMS away, quite effective but pretty much the same as the Shopify app.

So much potent but I can see why they've made it free, I wouldn't pay for it.