Klarna On‑Site Messaging

Klarna On‑Site Messaging

by Klarna

Promote interest-free installments and pay later payment plans

LADSPAD.UK

So far... it's just not working. I've done everything right.. but not seeing anything on the website. I assume people are having issues if they have a custom built websites. However, the stock website on Shopify probably work straight away. I've contacted support and will update this review if I manage to get things up and running. I'll also include tips on how I managed to get it working.

November 20, 2019

Thank you for your review and we're sorry to hear that the messaging isn't appearing on your website. Our Support team are standing by to help, if you could send an email to skosm@klarna.com then they can look into the issue for you.

Androtics

This app does not perform as expected, nor could we get reliable support from them to make it work as promised. For example, support kept saying the app can definitely show only Klarna’s 4 payment option (which is what we wanted), but instead the app keeps cycling through messaging for all of Klarna’s options (such as buy now, pay in 30 days). Support doesn’t seem to understand their own apps. Do they think Shopify is some niche player and it’s not worth opening up their own apps to see how they work (or don’t work)? It’s very peculiar.

I was super impressed by Klarna CEO, Sebastian Siemiatkowski, and Klarna’s operations in Europe. However, Klarna US is a different operation. As in, almost completely different. I was surprised.

The US operation even has a completely different CEO. One that comes off far worse in interviews than Sebastian, unfortunately. He repeatedly says “yes no” to almost everything asked of him, which is a concerning tic. This may indicate that even doesn’t know how Klarna works yet. He may need to grow into the job, which could take some time.

As another review said, we were thought we were approved and promoted Klarna... then we found out their rep didn’t set us up right. We then had to make site modifications that others in the same industry (such as The Fragrance Shop and Perfume Direct) were not required to do, which gave us no examples to follow. The rep made promises of help which she did not deliver. Not only was this a needless and peculiar complication, it is a tangible form of discrimination that puts us in an inferior position. It simply isn’t right.

I still have high hopes for Klarna, as their European operation is top notch. However, their US operation and Shopify apps all need to be rethought and redone to raise standards dramatically. They already seem to be “be there” in Europe. They just need to rise to the same level in the North America. - Dan K

November 4, 2019

After looking into the issue you've reported, we just have a couple of questions to help us better understand the situation. If you open a support case via skosm@klarna.com, we'd be happy to support you to make sure On-Site Messaging is working as desired.

You stated that the messaging is promoting various Klarna Payment options rather than Pay in 4 Installments. This is due to the fact that your online store is configured to offer the full range of Klarna Payment methods, but would you rather it be changed to just Pay in 4 Installments? This is absolutely something we can help with. This would change the app messaging to only reflect this payment method. It is important to bear in mind that there is a minimum amount for OSM to display which is based on your Klarna contract and configuration.

We also have a planned update to the app which will include up-sell messaging, so that customers will be greeted with the option to add XX amount to their basket in order to reach the minimum amount for Installment payments.

If you could get back to us with the above information, we will get to work!

We do appreciate all feedback, and will continue to work on improvements to the On-Site Messaging feature.

Just Your Dream London

I was very excited about this app, but it doesn't work. I tried but is not a comfortable app. I believe when the developers update the app I will definitely try again. Shame such a big company but the app is not users friendly. You must do it better.

July 6, 2019

Hi Just Your Dream London,
We are working hard to make this app compatible with as many storefront themes as possible and still offer merchants the ability to choose where the on-site messaging appears on their page. Since each store runs a unique set of code based on the theme and installed apps, the app won't be able to work for every store but it is working well for many. If you would like us to debug your specific store, please email skosm@klarna.com and we will request access to your store to review.

Another option, instead of using the app, is to add the required JavaScript to your store and directly update your theme to insert your on-site messaging placement as documented at: https://developers.klarna.com/resources/on-site-messaging