Klaviyo: Marketing Automation

Klaviyo: Marketing Automation

by Klaviyo

Marketing software built for your growth

Bold Addictions

Horrible app. Having the worst of luck trying to find a good email marketing company. I thought this would be the best of all, but after days of creating emails flows, pop ups etc.. I learned Klaviyo is no difference from the others.

Reasons I DO NOT recommend Klaviyo:
- the only way to get customer service is to email them and wait until they respond. I emailed them on a Wednesday, by Saturday I had to send another email asking if anyone received my initial email. So if time is of the essence beware.

-I get an email back about a question I asked and the answer was so simple and unhelpful, I wasted additional time asking my question again. be detailed if you have to contact customer service, be prepared to wait.

-I deleted several non-active subscribers from my Mailchimp account before integrating with Klaviyo to make sure I was at the 250 mark to avoid paying - I'm not into paying for email marketing, my customers hardly open their emails or usually mark them as spam for whatever reason. Deleting these subscribers got me at the 250 mark. After creating a welcome flow and learning all of Klaviyo's ways to do things, sending emails became the hardest thing ever.

-the free plan is 250 subscribers and 500 emails per month. Thats 2 emails per person on your list, if nobody else signs up. After sending a "sorry it's been a few days since you got an email from me" to my subscribers, I sent a mothers day email 2 days later. I've only sent my list 2 emails and now I have to wait 30 days to send any additional emails this month or pay to upgrade to a monthly plan.

-trying to send emails isn't easy. my list says 250 ppl, but when I try to send an email It tells me I have 252 ppl on my list. So, I have to break the list up into segments and send them. Even deleted more ppl in the Klaviyo list to bring the subscriber amount down, now I'm at 247 ppl but when sending it still says I'm at 252. How? IDK.

I'm going back to Mailchimp. I'll find a 3rd party app to link to my Shopify store to connect everything. Hope this review helps someone.

Never Say Never Active

The app makes marketing easier
Easy to use

Great email features and we have had great retention

Stylish-Accessories

This is a very good app for marketing and following up with customers. It has many features that help me in my email marketing. Thank you

Radical Roots Seed Bomb Company

I too got this to replace MailChimp and its super easy to use and the templates are eye catching! Very glad i choose this app.

Citizen Fox

Love! I got this to replace Mailchimp and honestly, I like it a lot better. Very happy with this app. I would get it again.

Maiden Home

We upgraded from Mailchimp to Klaviyo and while we are in the early stages, we're already really impressed with the ease of use and customer service. I really can't speak more highly of the service teams that have helped us onboard. We've run into a couple hiccups in our transition, and they've been super helpful and responsive in making sure that our migration goes off seamlessly (at least in our customers' eyes!)

Skin Botanicals

I love the app. Very easy to use and more features than Omnisend even in the free plan. I'm very happy with it.

joleeisrael

I'm sorry for the moment I replaced mail chimp.
Their service is terrible, lots of mishaps, prices are too expensive.
Very disappointed and I do not recommend them.
There are cheaper and better solutions that know how to provide excellent service and not only to make promises

Plus Size Clothing Co

Really poor service

I would not recommend this app to anyone. Unfortunately, with mailchimp being unsynced there are only a few alternatives.

Lagom Body Co.

I'm switching from Mailchimp to Klaviyo (and I should add that I've used Mailchimp exclusively for 10 years in both professional and entrepreneurial settings.) Klaviyo is the first email marketing platform where I've felt that it meets all my needs as someone who operates (and wants to grow!) an ecommerce store. It feels great to simplify!

Things I love: auto-segments for VIPs, repeat buyers, new subscribers, etc. Drag and drop editor is a breeze to work with (I found Mailchimp's editor to be so annoying and not intuitive for my workflow.) Clear integrations. Visual and drag and drop flows where you can customize automations (so awesome!) Built in sign up forms (I'm moving away from Privy for this reason.)

Things I don't love: Unclear how you can talk to a real person. I have a background in ecommerce customer service and I know first hand that being able to talk to a real person (or not) determines, to some level, your success with the new product. There have been a number of times where I'm confused by something and there's no way to reach someone directly. When you're having account issues, it's not ideal to have to wade through a knowledge base. If you aren't familiar with email marketing and the typical features, set up, list building processes, etc., this might not be the right platform for you.