Overall rating Based on 791 reviews
I've only used the free basic features such as making your Shopify emails look better and sending two recovery emails thru them instead of Shopify. It's worked great so far! Recommend it to everyone! Especially since it's free ;) have nothing to loose!
We upgraded from MailChimp to Klaviyo. For our particular list size the cost increase was about $100 a month, but the value add was worth many times that.
Our first email campaign generated enough profit to cover the difference in cost for a year.
If you want to get serious about Shopify email, I can't stress how helpful Klaviyo is. Let me try and outline some of the benefits, especially if you are switching from a product like MailChimp.
1. First the switch - it's automated. Generate an API key in MailChimp (don't worry I didn't know how to do this and it took about 2 minutes following the Klaviyo instructions), and then all your MailChimp campaigns are imported.
2. Segmentation (additional sales for increased customer lifetime value)- Segmentation is a pain in the a** in Chimp, plus it's anything but automated. With Klaviyo I can set up simple rules and then they are automated. For example, if someone bought one of our high-end leather bags, but doesn't have matching boots, I can automate that. I can now slice and dice my customers based on purchases on the fly (what they bought, when they last bought, how much they bought etc.).
3. Abandoned Carts - this is one that I knew I should be doing, but didn't want to mess with all the templates etc. I set it up with Klaviyo's templates for Shopify and now they go out automatically. I know lots of companies offer this service, but when you add everything else it does, it's a no brainer.
4. One-stop Customer Information - We had mail lists from all over. Our Kickstarter campaigns, our first eCommerce system before switching to Shopify, Shopify emails. After importing all the lists, it merges them to one customer record but keeps the list data separate. I can look up any customer and see what info I have on them from multiple sources all in one spot. Customer service reps use this all the time to quickly identify customers (even if they aren't in Shopify) and instantly see how we can help them.
5. Shopify Ready Templates - MailChimp has great templates and so does Klaviyo. However, Klaviyo has something like 20 templates already set up with Shopify variables. A few swaps and they were all ready to go.
6. Data, Data and More Data - Simple to read dashboard fills in all your important Shopify Data (sales, etc.) and your email data on one screen. And they have many selections/options to choose from. Want to see which email clients are on your site right now - no problem. Who started but didn't complete checkout? It's there too. A much better overview of how your emails are impacting your overall sales.
Like any program I use regularly, I do have a couple caveats and wish lists.
First, although I'm sure it's right there in the documentation (but the program is so easy to use, I skipped most of it), it's important to note that you have to switch out the HTML in Shopify with the Klaviyo updated email. For example, I added some lines to my Klaviyo template for Order emails. I didn't understand why it wasn't working automagically. The solution took about twenty seconds though. You copy the HTML code form Klaviyo and open up the email in Shopify and paste it. Just remember to do that because the Klaviyo emails are way better looking than the Shopify defaults.
Second as a wish list, you can't access Shopify specific Order information in subsequent emails that aren't automated by Shopify. For example, I wanted to send an update email to everyone who bought a particular backorder product. I wanted to reference the OrderID in the new email (like "Here's an update to your Order #12345).
I emailed support and they got back to me right away. The problem is, they explained if a customer ordered multiple times, the system wouldn't know which OrderID I wanted. Fair enough.
For my needs though, the answer was simple. I exported the OrderID from Shopify and imported it easily into Klaviyo as a new variable. Because Klaviyo merges everything, I could now automatically segment (see #2 above) the customers and reference the OrderID.
I would like to say long story short, but too late for that: the main thing is, we are now approaching the $2M sale mark for our company but we are only 5 people on the team. With Klaviyo I know we are starting to get the most out of email without adding any staff.
It pays for itself. If you're serious about eCommerce and maximizing your lists and customer value, you simply have to get this program.
Hyde from Kendal & Hyde
Simply the TOP Shopify app out there !!! It's the all-in-one marketing platform you'll ever need and an ABSOLUTE MUST HAVE for any eshop owner. Their service and assistance is, excellent, too. Get it or you'll be missing out.
Simple, easy, versatile, user friendly, and so much more!
I love their features for improve my marketing.
The Pynk Store
This app has been a true lifesaver for us! The emails are flawless. Able to integrate with mailchimp list. Was having struggles with mailchimp emails and headaches. This app does almost everything you need when it comes down to customers, abandon carts, etc... Love it! 5 stars. Sales from emails sent every time!
Easy to use and matches my needs for email marketing. Great app for anyone starting out.
This app is awesome! Very professional, if you have an eCommerce website, this app is a must have!
I have been marketing online for over 10 years. And I can honestly say without a doubt that Klaviyo is one of the best email marketing and client management systems I have ever used... Great Work.
The Truth About Baby Weight
I absolutely love this app! It makes everything seamless and so professional. Must have for shop owners!!