Klaviyo: Marketing Automation

Klaviyo: Marketing Automation

by Klaviyo

Marketing software built for your growth

Go Iaso

Nice app. If you don't want a plain text email for abandoned carts, then this is the app for you. It lets you create your own template so you're not stuck with a stock version of any sort of notification email that makes the brand value look weak IMO.

Integration is easy, and they have some sort of automation wizard that guides you through most of the processes.

Customer service is really on point -- Another thing to really consider since most of the apps on shopify have poor customer service.

I'm trying to follow up with something negative as a closer but cannot think of anything lol. I need some coffee.

Great app for sure. 5/5.

Freeds Bakery

Our customer notifications look much sharper, still to early to tell if it will end with more conversions, but it's been very easy to use and we've been happy with the end result.

Ivy Hosiery

Works great and has many useful tools for newsletter execution! Integration with shopify is very in depth.

Silverstones Llc

Klaviyo is a great marketing tool, since it encompasses several features that I would otherwise have to cobble together from separate apps. It integrates with your Shopify site and has a workflow feature that will send professional emails to customers at each stage of the selling process. It also has forms for capturing customer email subscriptions. I'm just starting with Klaviyo, but I like it a lot already. Give it a try!

Svorn 2

Klaviyo's Email Marketing made my life much much easier with its already created templates and types of email notifications. Their support is great and quick and the whole drag-and-drop UI is easy to learn allowing you to create email notifications in a very short time even if it's the first time you've ever done this (like I was.)

Cutcardstock

Great email marketing app. Saves lots of time with many automations for abandoned carts, follow up emails to first time customers, emails requesting feedback, and more! Also has the ability to schedule the date and time that emails are sent. The only negative is the support. There is no direct contact support by chat or phone, you have to email them for help. They do answer the emails within 24 hours.

Virginhairandbeauty Com

Great app, easy to pull together a creative email marketing. The dashboard insights/stats are extremely valuable (thank you) we're glad we made the switch over from Mail Chimp & Survey Monkey to consolidate our marketing data in one place. It pays for itself in terms of monthly fees, as long as prices stay the same, its worth every penny.

Reactor82

Klaviyo has worked great for my small business. It was quick and easy to setup and gave me more insight into how my customers shopped on my site. It's free up to 250 contacts so you really have nothing to lose!

Diecastselect

I got an automatically generated email from Klaviyo asking me to write a review because they would "We really, really appreciate it." So here it is.

As I have just gone live, and have not yet sent out a newsletter, I cannot speak yet as to the effectiveness of using their tools. Time will tell.

I can, however, relate the frustration I have experienced in setting things up. Their default templates are, how can I say this... ugly. Very ugly indeed. So I needed to customize them before their emails become one of the faces of my business. This has been enormously tedious.

First off, visually, the template system they are using is pretty limiting. So it took a some experimentation before I could make the emails look like anything I'd want to send. The problem is, is that you cannot save edited "blocks" to a library to use in other emails. Changes have to be made over and over and over. This gets really tedious. When you first set up the account you go through a Setup Wizard in which you configure the base look. One can re-take the Wizard to change the base look, but any template you've changed will not be updated. So I recommend that you do not make any changes to individual templates but go back through the Setup Wizard to make changes. I wish I had realized that before it was too late.

There are 7 Shopify Notifications for which they generate the HTML to replace in Shopify. However, Shopify has 9 customer-facing notifications. So it is left up to you to cobble together the remaining two -- Customer Account Activation & Refund Notification. I asked about that and their response was that they chose the most popular Shopify Notifications. Seems like they could have extended it by 2.

There are also 5 default email forms, which are used to handle subscribes / unsubscribes, etc. If you have customized your design, those also have to be changed accordingly.

There are the "flows" emails. Abandoned Cart 1 & 2, Customer Winback 1 & 2, New Customer Thank you, Repeat Customer Thank you, and Product Review / Cross Sell. So that's 7 templates to be edited to match, provided you are customizing your email look and feel outside of the Wizard. Again, if they provided the option of saving customized blocks to a library, this would be no problem.

And then there is the newsletter template(s) which is why I signed up in the first place. It too has to be edited, and where I started.

I'm finding the available product-feed "block" styles to be limiting. First off, it is limited to 3 rows. At my store, I keep 8 products in the "New Arrivals" collection, which are displayed in 2 rows of 4 columns on my homepage. So I cannot show 8 items in the email. In their newsletter template I am displaying 3 rows x 2 columns = 6 products. I could display 9 items -- 3 rows x 3 columns, but I only have 8 products. I'll have to find out how it handles the blank product slot.

I just sent myself a preview of the "New Product Arrivals" newsletter. Yesterday I added two new products and removed the two oldest products from that Custom Collection. However, the email sent to me does not show the newest products and does show the old products I removed yesterday. This could be a deal-breaker as it MUST show the newest products. Right?!

The product feed block does not offer customization of the content -- title and image only. I'd love to have a description. Yes, I could use the "Story Box" template, but that requires lots of hand editing. Not good for automating a "new arrivals newsletter" email.

Be careful about editing. The only option is to save. There are no buttons to cancel or discard changes. I found that the only way to abandon changes was to hit the browser's back button.

A lot of what I'm seeing seems well thought-out, however, the provided tools to customize (and re-customize) the look and feel is very limited and, for me, has caused hours of tedious work.

Jumelle

In the beginning there was great support. Since a few months the app does not what it suppose to do, sent email reminders to customers.
When I contact the support team all is well according to them. Unfortunatily this is not the case.
I really hope they get things sorted out, otherwise I'm afraid they will lose loads of customers.