Klaviyo: Marketing Automation

Klaviyo: Marketing Automation

by Klaviyo

Marketing software built for your growth

Reactor82

Klaviyo has worked great for my small business. It was quick and easy to setup and gave me more insight into how my customers shopped on my site. It's free up to 250 contacts so you really have nothing to lose!

Diecastselect

I got an automatically generated email from Klaviyo asking me to write a review because they would "We really, really appreciate it." So here it is.

As I have just gone live, and have not yet sent out a newsletter, I cannot speak yet as to the effectiveness of using their tools. Time will tell.

I can, however, relate the frustration I have experienced in setting things up. Their default templates are, how can I say this... ugly. Very ugly indeed. So I needed to customize them before their emails become one of the faces of my business. This has been enormously tedious.

First off, visually, the template system they are using is pretty limiting. So it took a some experimentation before I could make the emails look like anything I'd want to send. The problem is, is that you cannot save edited "blocks" to a library to use in other emails. Changes have to be made over and over and over. This gets really tedious. When you first set up the account you go through a Setup Wizard in which you configure the base look. One can re-take the Wizard to change the base look, but any template you've changed will not be updated. So I recommend that you do not make any changes to individual templates but go back through the Setup Wizard to make changes. I wish I had realized that before it was too late.

There are 7 Shopify Notifications for which they generate the HTML to replace in Shopify. However, Shopify has 9 customer-facing notifications. So it is left up to you to cobble together the remaining two -- Customer Account Activation & Refund Notification. I asked about that and their response was that they chose the most popular Shopify Notifications. Seems like they could have extended it by 2.

There are also 5 default email forms, which are used to handle subscribes / unsubscribes, etc. If you have customized your design, those also have to be changed accordingly.

There are the "flows" emails. Abandoned Cart 1 & 2, Customer Winback 1 & 2, New Customer Thank you, Repeat Customer Thank you, and Product Review / Cross Sell. So that's 7 templates to be edited to match, provided you are customizing your email look and feel outside of the Wizard. Again, if they provided the option of saving customized blocks to a library, this would be no problem.

And then there is the newsletter template(s) which is why I signed up in the first place. It too has to be edited, and where I started.

I'm finding the available product-feed "block" styles to be limiting. First off, it is limited to 3 rows. At my store, I keep 8 products in the "New Arrivals" collection, which are displayed in 2 rows of 4 columns on my homepage. So I cannot show 8 items in the email. In their newsletter template I am displaying 3 rows x 2 columns = 6 products. I could display 9 items -- 3 rows x 3 columns, but I only have 8 products. I'll have to find out how it handles the blank product slot.

I just sent myself a preview of the "New Product Arrivals" newsletter. Yesterday I added two new products and removed the two oldest products from that Custom Collection. However, the email sent to me does not show the newest products and does show the old products I removed yesterday. This could be a deal-breaker as it MUST show the newest products. Right?!

The product feed block does not offer customization of the content -- title and image only. I'd love to have a description. Yes, I could use the "Story Box" template, but that requires lots of hand editing. Not good for automating a "new arrivals newsletter" email.

Be careful about editing. The only option is to save. There are no buttons to cancel or discard changes. I found that the only way to abandon changes was to hit the browser's back button.

A lot of what I'm seeing seems well thought-out, however, the provided tools to customize (and re-customize) the look and feel is very limited and, for me, has caused hours of tedious work.

Jumelle

In the beginning there was great support. Since a few months the app does not what it suppose to do, sent email reminders to customers.
When I contact the support team all is well according to them. Unfortunatily this is not the case.
I really hope they get things sorted out, otherwise I'm afraid they will lose loads of customers.

Fehez Com

worst customer support. They dont even bother to reply to your request and if you will be facing any problem then that is only your problem , they dont care and they throw everything on shopify , that ask them even if the problem is from their end.That dont even know about their codes.

worst app dont use it , you will loose money instead of making from them as they claim because they dont have proper docs to train you and no support at all,

Murchison Hume

We recently switched over to Klaviyo from Mailchimp, and I haven't stopped telling my coworkers how much I love Klaviyo since the switch. First off, Klaviyo makes the switch incredibly easy, and if you need, they will walk you through it step by step so that you don't lose any data. They seriously make everything easier, especially A/B Testing (which is a pain to set up in Mailchimp) and integration with Shopify (which is nearly impossible with Mailchimp). For example, we can actually send abandoned cart emails out of Klaviyo that pull images from our product pages! Access to customer profiles is much more insightful, and building out customer segments is a breeze.

Oh, and I can't forget to mention that Klaviyo support is incredibly helpful and responsive. I get responses within the hour (usually even quicker) during business hours. Kate from Klaviyo even helped me set up an email flow that would automatically send to customers asking them to review the exact products (with links and images and product variations) that they purchased.

Finally, another selling feature for us is that Klaviyo offers fly-out and pop-up modules for collecting customer emails who visit your website. We've been paying for another 3rd party app for this service but have been able to save that expense and put it into Klaviyo.

Seriously the best email marketing app on the market.

Waen

We still can't believe that this extremely beautifully designed app is free so we'd love to pay with a positive review if possible.

New Grounds Food

GET THIS APP RIGHT NOW!

Klaviyo is your one-stop solution for all email marketing with current and prospective customers. From newsletter signup welcome emails to checkout confirmation/thank you emails to abandoned cart emails to one time promotions, etc. Klaviyo helps you take care of all your email marketing needs.

You can use Mailchimp or Constant Contact, but they limit you. All of the actions and events are automatically pulled into Klaviyo -- so if you want to send a catered email to anyone who used a specific discount code, no problem.

Platform is awesome, intuitive, and easy to learn. Capabilities are endless with this app.

Get it right now! ITS FREE!

Nitrotennis

Very easy to use... Hope it will increase sales!

Shopthefinest

Best app on Shopify!!! Awesome customer service! MUST GET!

Kawartha

An absolute no brainer for anyone starting a shopify store. There is no other app in the app store that will drive more sales than Klaviyo. Spend the time and set up the drip campaigns and collect the email address and you will increase your revenue, period.