Klaviyo: Email Marketing & SMS

Email, SMS, and more - a unified customer platform

Free plan available. Additional charges may apply.

THACKER

Stay away, unless you want to disrupt your business (not in a good way).

Some, not all, of the issues experienced over this past year: unannounced maintenance that disables one from sending or scheduling email campaigns (during busiest and most promotional times of the year–no less!), being disconnected from integrations like Shopify or Loyalty Lion, welcome series flows that mysteriously stop working (and told by the engineers they are looking into it, but may take up to a few weeks to fix), etc.

Chat support is all over the place–when you can get someone on the chat (again, many times of the day chat is unavailable... emails get a response after a few days). One chat assures that the issue is fixed; when it turns out that it is not, another chatter blames the first chatter for not fixing it properly and offers a very complicated solution; when the second fix, in turn, does not work then the third chatter blames it on the second... and so it goes. Meanwhile, the issue does not get fixed and lingers.

Canceling them took running around in circles. Finally, when threatened with higher action, the cancellation did come through–with a snide note "good luck in your next endeavor." Is this professional? Not. But consistent with Klaviyo's overall attitude.

Not sure how long this company will exist... but that should be their problem, not mine.

LUCYD eShop

Klaviyo sucks. overpriced. also their previewer has a bug that makes it so the final email does not always match the content you set up. thanks to klaviyo, we sent an email to 5000 subs with half the text in an illegible white font. they denied any fault on their part once escalated even though the previous rep admitted to the issue. AVOID. use another cheaper service, theyre all the same

25 Letters

I spent over 2 hours perfecting a campaign for the Black Friday weekend, ONLY to have my email cancelled and be notified that it will take 1 business day for my account to be reviewed by the compliance team. This means, by the time my account is no longer disabled, the black friday weekend will be over. This was my very first campaign I have ever done on my shop, but I definitely won't be recommending this app to any one else.

Performance Fuel and Nutrition

They called me because I left a bad review. They said they would happy to answer any questions I had but they said they were unwilling to help show how to put together campaigns. Its just another half-hearted attempt to placate someone for a bad review. I don't appreciate the dishonesty when you sign up for a live workshop and sign you up at a certain time to find out it s a prerecorded video.

Laughing Pet

I have had some issues with integrating Claviyo with another app. So I've sent an inquiry to their support team. Guss what? They replied after 6 hours with an empty email. No wonder they have low ratings here. Other apps have free live support where they can even write code for you within minutes for free. Great room for improvement.

Lorenzo Uomo

While the functionality, in theory, is excellent as it allows for more sophisticated segmentation and automated flows than most mid tier email platforms will allow, the execution is shaky.

The team clearly has an admirable mission in mind yet feels incredibly junior and not too professional.

We have encountered numerous hiccups, such as the most recent example:

We were unable to send an email blast. After reaching out to support, we received an email stating that there was (an unannounced) scheduled maintenance. When we mentioned that it would have been good practice to alert businesses of this scheduled maintenance in advance, this is the reply we received:

"I've shared this feedback with the team and I believe they felt it would have been a smaller or lesser noticed UI experience. Again, we're sorry for the maintenance and inconvenience. If you need anything, please let us know!"

Clearly, it is never Klaviyo's fault. They refuse to take responsibility and place the customer at the center of their business model. This is a company run by very talented children who have yet to grow up and understand that fun functionality must be cooked up with one, and only, purpose in mind–serving their clients.

Update: I am now taking my business to Omnisend. They provide all the functionality of Klaviyo and more. Moreover, they are customer centric and understand that they are in a service oriented business.

Margot New York

Stay away. Cost us a ton of money cleaning up after their mess. Customer support is spotty, at best. The IT team is disconnected from their customers, working on stealth pushes and creating havoc that we only found out days later, when we saw issues arise that had never been encountered before.

Understandably, this can happen once in a while. But with Klaviyo, this is the norm.

Not only not worth their exorbitant monthly fees but will hurt your sales as well.

Revival Retro

A Klaviyo error meant we broke GDPR rules. It sent a campaign to audience that was not subscribed to marketing. Consider the implications of that before signing up to their service.

Customer service is virtually non existent. After raising this issue, which is surely one of the most important service levels of an email marketing service, I had to chase them more than once for a response. For such an important issue with such big implications for a business i was horrified that Klaviyo didn't respond as a priority.

Eventually I got a two line response; they released a fix that they were continuing to monitor and they apologized for what happened.

Because it was Klaviyo's error, because they didn't immediately respond to my report, because I had to chase the status on this issue, I believe Klaviyo does not take GDPR compliance seriously. This is unacceptable to my business and I cancelled my account.

When I cancelled my account I made an official complaint identifying why I was leaving. As another example of Klaviyo's poor customer service it's been a month and i still haven't heard back from them regarding that complaint.

Samples From Mars

I pay over $900 / month and they don't even have phone support. Constant glitches delay product launches.

lushbabeboutique

I first decided to get this app because it supposedly "works well" with shopify. First and foremost it is NOT that simple to understand. Customer service/support does NOT respond right away. I was suppose to launch my website today and I've had to cancel. Customers were not receiving their welcome email/coupon codes. So bad for business, I've let a lot of people down and of course I'm sure I'm going to lose sales. I just requested for a refund and I hope they do not give me a hard time about it.