Klaviyo: Email Marketing & SMS

Email, SMS, and more - a unified customer platform

Free plan available. Additional charges may apply.

• Up-to-date tech: works with the latest themes

MoYou London

So far its been a terrible experience. The setup process is far from 'easy or automated' we have lost about 40,000 subscribers during the setup due to an error message that opt out subscribers. In the setup process is mainly a sales person taking payment and then leaving links for you to read how to do the setup yourself which is far from being easy.
We had 40,000 subscribers opting out from an error from Klaviyo which Shopify experts confirmed its on their end but instead of trying to help all the technical experts done is trying to find more reasons why its not their fault. The system has loads of options, but requires to read lots of articles and links which is very hard to do while running a business. The support has an average waiting time of 20-30 minutes (even for urgent stuff). The dedicated person helping Is mainly for 2-3 calls during the first month of the setup which is crazy as there is so much more required. Anyway, far from what's advertised and not really the market premium service provider (but it is the most expansive one).

August 9, 2022

So sorry about your troubles. We want to make sure you get the help you deserve so look for someone reaching out to you very soon to get this looked at. We'd love an opportunity to fix this for you.

Mobility Essence

very difficult to use, there is not any support agent just a bot that is not setup properly, I am getting rid of this app there are many others with better support than this one

Spartan Lover

Time spent using app Over 2 years

Used this service for a year and a half, then they suddenly realized they don't like adult toy stores. Their Terms of Service have no mention of the adult toy industry. They immediately locked my account, and I can't export my list. I really don't care which email marketing solution to use. They are just as good anyone else, but the way they randomly lock accounts is awful. Stay away, use Omnisend or Privy. Had Omnisend for just as long and never had issues. I'll file chargebacks for the past 6 months. Have fun.

July 18, 2022

Hi there! Our team would love to help you out but we're having trouble finding any history of an account with this brand name. The type of store you have is not the issue so something else must be going on here and we'd love to get to the bottom of it. Can you send your account details (Klaviyo ID is great if you have it) to feedback@klaviyo.com so we can look into things for you? Thanks in advance!

Alex Rome Sound

Time spent using app Over 1 year

AVOID AT ALL COSTS! POSSIBLE SCAM (read this before using this service) Klaviyo has been nothing but trouble since we've started using it about two years ago. Let's start with emailing. Open rates are horrifically low when emailing our most loyal customers with this service. We were able to triple our open rates immediately by using a different service. My first issue with Klaviyo is poor support. Live chat takes a day or two to respond to simple and urgent requests and email support is appalling. In two years, I've not gotten a single written reply to any questions I've asked. All they do is send you blogs or pre-written responses that do anything but answer your questions. Waiting for simple (real) answers from Klaviyo support is so frustrating and has suspended the email side of my business by days or weeks at a time. Lastly, I could not even cancel this service without issues! YOU CAN NOT CANCEL BILLING FOR YOUR ACCOUNT! You can only 'request' to cancel billing for your account. I 'requested' to cancel billing for my account and was denied for whatever reason and therefore was billed over $550 for the next month. What kind of scam is this? The only way out of this scam was to dispute the charge. I hate disputing charges because of what disputes can do to a business but what was I supposed to do? I asked their support 6 different times to refund me and cancel my account and kept having to wait days for the same pre-written response that kept referring me to a blog. I literally begged over and over for a human to respond to me regarding this issue and they kept sending the same reply to me on how to cancel my account. I've never experienced this type of interaction with a service that costs as much as Klaviyo. I hate disputing charges and would do anything to avoid leaving poor reviews on a service because I understand how hard it is to build a business but these practices aren't safe. Proceed with Klaviyo with caution.

June 22, 2022

Hey there! So sorry to hear about these issues - it's certainly not an experience we want for any of our customers. Our support team noted there are 2 different accounts under your brand name. Can you please email feedback@klaviyo.com with details on which piece of feedback relates to which account so we can dig in and support you here? Much appreciated!

ForTheFit.com

I've tried several platforms and this one offered to do so much more with regard to segmentation that I decided to switch and try it- what a mistake that was. Super expensive and what you get in exchange is a complex system and ZERO onboarding or other customer support. I'm not a newbie- I know my stuff (16 years!) - and I found it challenging - stalled at every turn. Contact support and you get referral to their online learning guides or community support - well this isn't free software (far from it- super expensive versus competitors) and if the online materials were helpful, I wouldn't have to contact tech support so much. It takes 48 hours to hear a reply to a support email - which only really kicks off the convo- it will be a week at minimum before you can resolve anything with all the back and forth (and the first line is always -"read this support article" - I did, it didn't help, that's why I'm contacting you!). Chat is not available until you sign up for the expensive plans, only to find out they still try to answer via ai (have you read this article?) then are only available with a human 9am to 5pm and IF you can get past the AI monster, there are (not exaggerating) - 76 people ahead of you in line! That will take you till 5pm when oops - you're back at AI for answers. I can't wait for the reply, by the way- they'll refer me to an article or community support.

April 29, 2022

Hi there! Totally appreciate this is not the experience you deserve or that we want to provide. Our support team is reaching out to you today - keep an eye out for their reply!

GYM SUPPLEMENTS U.S

Location Bangladesh

One of the 3rd class platforms. Their support team is horrible. They do not know how to support their client. I installed their app. This app slows down our website. It is a very big issue. I uninstalled their app. I requested the customer manager to remove your snippet on my thyme file. They do not agree to remove it. I even said you should send me a request to remove the code. They completely declined my request.
I suggest to everyone not to install their app. a lot of better apps on shopify store for email marketing. I will inform the shopify app management team as soon.

February 14, 2022

Hi there, thank you for letting us know your concerns. While we are unable to access your admin portal for security reasons, I will have a member of our escalated support team reach out to provide you better guidance for ensuring any Klaviyo code is properly removed.

Kendama-Senses

Location Netherlands
Time spent using app About 1 month

I'm having a terrible experience. Here's why: I thought Klaviyo would be good because you see it everywhere and integrates with everything.
When I just started using it I was contacted by a sales person. He gave a demo and was classic sales person, using persuasive sales techniques, promising many things, only to have to find out that they don't deliver on those things. One of the main things they promise if you upgrade is that you get access to Live Chat, but the buttons to chat support are NOT EVEN CLICKABLE! So if you have problems you are basically f'd, because there's no way to get proper help. A lot of the features are glichy or don't work the way that you'd like. You get to realize that everything is built for ease of implementation for the developers and not for ease of use and functionality for the user. Honestly, I really gave this software a good try, but because I cannot vent and talk with a person, it frustrates so much that the only place I feel like I can do it is here.

February 3, 2022

Hi Jordi, I hear your frustration. Live Chat is currently available for customers on paid plans, so it is unfortunate to hear the button would not direct to the feature. I'm going to connect you with a real person on our escalated Support team to help you through these issues. We are here to help! In the future, please feel free to reach out to us at feedback@klaviyo.com if you have a concern.

tetatee

Location China
Time spent using app About 2 months

Total scam software! I paid $150 for it and I've been using it for less than half a month and they deactivated my account with no reasonable explanation! Emails are very difficult to reach them, they don't even want to fix the problem and refuse to refund me! Don't use it for anyone! Very disgusting, scammer, scammer, scammer!

January 22, 2022

Hi 鹏 欧阳, I'm so sorry to hear you are unable to continue with Klaviyo. In order to optimize deliverability for all of our customers, we remain cognizant of certain practices, content, and outreach that may impact our sending infrastructure. We review every active account for these and must disable accounts using these tactics in order to protect our sender reputation. I sincerely hope you are able to find a solution that is more suitable for your needs.

RevGenetics

Time spent using app Over 1 year

I had them for over one (1) year... I wrote many emails on Klaviyo, never had an issue. Then I wrote a campaign email about my 12yo daughter getting Covid on December 18th and our experience with it. The next thing you know, the account is disabled. When I asked why they said I violated their terms. When asked what terms... they said they could not go into specifics. The great part is that my daughter finally tested negative yesterday, December 28. The not-so-great part is that Klaviyo keeps avoiding why our account was disabled. The last message in part stated: "We reserve the right to not inform you of the reason we are terminating your account.". I have to make assumptions at this point since they will not tell me what caused it. What assumption would you make? Now I am off to use a Klaviyo competitor. I have asked Klaviyo to send me all the contacts I collected in their system throughout my time with them since I cannot even log in to download my segmented contacts. I still have not gotten a response... Would I recommend this system to my friends or Generation X people who like to talk about everything? Not at this time. I don't know if they canceled me because I talked about my Daughter getting covid, or if it was something else (and they won't even tell you so that you can correct the issue), So no, I cannot recommend it at this time. Quick Update: Klaviyo allowed me to download my contacts.

December 29, 2021

Hi Anthony, my name is Miranda and I'm a customer advocate on the Klaviyo team. I want to let you know I hear your frustrations and have looked into your case details. I appreciate you updating your review as well to let your peers know you are able to access your contact list. I'm going to reach out to you momentarily so I can get more of your feedback communicated to our team. I appreciate your time providing your thoughts.

FOXIFIT

Time spent using app About 2 months

I hired someone to to design emails for me and they needed to verify with shopify, which they did. When I logged in it said my account wasn't synced with shopify. I tried to "live chat" with someone on Klaviyo but it said Live Chat is only for paying customers. Which I am. It then sent me to an email and they gave the due to high call volume we may not get back to you for 48 Hours!! Um.. no my account is messed up. I then tried to remove a manger from my account and it wouldn't let me as the owner remove the designer. So I again went through the email process because I cant use live chat while Im a paying customer. I am having an urgent situation and no one will help me. I cant wait 48 hours to remove a manager who is behaving oddly. I cant get in touch with anyone. Its very difficult. Most apps its easy to get someone right away. I then called the sales US number they have listed and it asks me if Im "50 0r 0lder" and when I press 2 it says "thank you for taking our survey" and hangs up. What is it with Klaviyo. If you have a problem with your account or need help immediately - probably not the right app to use.

December 20, 2021

Hey Ashley — thank you for bringing attention to this. We can definitely help you out here. Please look out for an email from us in the next few minutes to get you back on track!

Previous 1 3 4 5 6