Klaviyo: Email Marketing & SMS

Email, SMS, and more - a unified customer platform

Free plan available. Additional charges may apply.

• Up-to-date tech: works with the latest themes

Hejdu

Location Germany

TECHNICALLY MEDIOCRE APP:
- Very good Shopify integration for data flows, voucher generation, etc. (but others have similar features)
- OK email wizard (sometimes buggy so that you have to refresh, etc. but ok...); make sure you chose the new one (!) if you set up a test account; I first ended up in the old one which is a nightmare
- The brand-related items are by far worse than the beautiful pictures might suggest!
- One example: The possibilities to modify the DOI sign-up flows with regard to design, wording, brand appearance like fonts, etc. are extremely limited (it is for example not possible to have the important text elements with a lowercase "you" as it is correct in German; there is a "German version" with "Sie" and "German (Informal)" version which uses an uppercase "Du" but it is not possible to adjust that) - you can basically just put in your logo, select a font out of 15 different standard fonts, some colors and a translation version; that is not 2022!
- There are many "strange" limitations in the software; in some areas, there is a beautiful, modern interface with a lot of flexibility, in some others, there is just a very buggy old thing with weird restrictions and bugs ...WHAT IS SO BAD TO GIVE 2 STARS ONLY?
- The availability of the customer support is not acceptable! - And you will need the customer service if you want to use the tool for more than manual email campaigns because of those "strange" things I mentioned above (many of those issues are not documented and in most of the cases you will think "this must be possible, I simply don't find the button")
- Today, I managed to have 2 chats after about 1 hour of waiting time each; 4 further attempts failed because the chat with simply closed; 90 other users were waiting, too
- If you reach them, the quality is not as bad as many comments suggest, but still...

June 8, 2022

Hi! Thanks for this detailed feedback - it truly does help us. I'm going to have our growth team reach out to you and see if we can get some of these issues resolved. Look for an email from them very soon.

Papermash

Good features in theory but terrible customer service. Good while they're trying to onboard you - with a phone call but no follow through afterwards. It's still opting subscribers in to mailchimp at two points and it automatically opts people in if they pay by paypal. I can't get any follow up help from my original contacts despite emailing several times. I've been trying to fix this for two months now and am no further on.

May 10, 2022

Hello! Our support team is happy to help debug this issue for you. Keep an eye out for a message from them.

Swazi

Location New Zealand

Seriously I don't get why people use them. We switched from Omnisend and have nothing by problems. Onboarding was terrible, the staff just did not want to know. Since we have been using it we have found a number of issues and the support is so poor (especially if you are out of the US), I honestly don't know what you are paying for. We will be moving back to a provider who has better service and a better product, this one is rubbish.

April 28, 2022

Hi there. Apologies for any trouble contacting our support team. We do have a robust community forum that's a great resource when support queues are longer and I hope you have a chance to check that out. https://community.klaviyo.com/ We noticed you sent an email as well and will reply to that to see if we can talk further about the other issues you've encountered. Look for an email back soon!

Wildlife Tree

Klaviyo is overall not reliable for our company. The analytics have incorrect Klaviyo revenue attribution as it doesn't filter out our Amazon sales that's integrated through Codisto. Also, the way they do their billing based on "active profiles" is very strange and frustrating to have to manually maintain. I wish they'd just have simple billing based on number of emails sent or total subscribers. We are highly considering a different email platform now as many others have evolved more in the automation flow builder space.

March 28, 2022

Hi Josh, I hear your frustration and would love to get you some clarification here. Please be on the lookout for an email from us shortly.

Amino Nutraceuticals

Terrible support. They do the bare minimum to help their users and will make you use one of their partner developers if something isn't working. Any other app would try to help you with a problem you are having with their app but not Klaviyo.

January 14, 2022

Thank you for sharing this. I'm having trouble finding your account, but would love to get a bit more information so we can improve our service. Can you please email us at feedback@klaviyo.com with your account name? I look forward to getting to the bottom of this with you!

Bidetlity

Unfortunately, not a good introduction on Klaviyo's part and support is slow to respond, if at all. Too bad! The Shopify integration does not work either. Support says everything is set up correctly but when I want to create a campaign, I have to manually export the contacts from Shopify and import them into Klaviyo. So what is the point of installing a Klaviyo app?

November 1, 2021

Hi Markus, thank you for sharing your experience and questions. I'm going to connect you with a team member who will address the confusion about our integration. They will provide you with some extra guidance and answer any questions you have. We are so excited to have you on Klaviyo!

CLiiNK

Klaviyo is full of bugs. For instance, their default email preferences update does not display the current selections of the user. When I reported this to customer support, they insisted that this was not a bug at all but rather an enhancement request. Insane! I then discovered on my own that Klaviyo allows you to create your own email preferences page, but as they explicitly say, they offer no support for it, you are on your own. After struggling on my own I got it working, only to then realize that this page is only HTTP and insecure. So I spent a day figuring out some clever workarounds to solve this but then another bug has now crashed this feature completely. I am stuck waiting until tomorrow when customer support chat is available again to fix this. Email support autoreply tells me to expect to wait 48 hours. This is just one of at least half a dozen bugs I've encountered, each of which cost me days of work to find workarounds on my own. Customer support chat can go four days in a row without being available due to maintenance overlapping with the weekend. FOUR DAYS!!! When customer support chat is down for maintenance, there is no prior warning or current alert when you try to use it. It is just greyed out for no apparent reason. When this first happened to me, I wasted an hour trying to figure that out before giving up and switching to email support. The only reason I don't totally regret picking Klaviyo is I suppose other platforms could be worse or have their own set of issues. If you like frustration, you will love Klaviyo.

October 31, 2021

Hi Scott, we're sorry you've encountered these roadblocks upon setting up. Our goal is to provide prompt service to all customers and appreciate your patience as we work through a busy time of the year. A Support representative will reach out to you shortly to answer your questions.

Gospel Musicians

The app is fine and generally works fine, but Klaviyo’s support is absolutely terrible. They do all they can to get out of actually providing support. I have an issue with the Browser Abandonment and no help at all. It’s been like this since I started with them. The support is the worse ever.

August 30, 2021

Hey Jamal! Sorry to hear you're frustrated. We'd love to get that Browse Abandon problem solved for you. Our team will be in touch very soon.

Techno-connecté

Really not user-friendly. Really hard to really difficult to use, to modify and to get what you really want in terms of text editing. The fonts are changing and difficult to standardize. I hope there will be some improvement for the text editing.

July 19, 2021

Thanks for this feedback. Our team should be following up with you soon to get more details if you're willing to share. Thanks for helping making Klaviyo better!

V. H. Hess

Overall it appears to integrate with Shopify just fine, however, I am disappointed that Klaviyo doesn't have an app to manage direct SMS communication or at least see SMS metrics + SMS Conversations on the go via an Android or iPhone app. Why let us port in a toll-free 888 number if we can only use a desktop web browser to manage SMS conversations? Please make an app, even if lightweight, to manage SMS messages on the go so I don't have to look at 20 emails to manage messages, and get MORE email as I respond to customer messages via SMS. My primary support is through SMS, and Klaviyo does not currently appear to be SMS-friendly for SMS Chat support. This review would be 5-star if I can manage my SMS customer support on the go. Not sure if I really wish to do the LOA to port another number to Klaviyo and maybe just stick with SimpleTexting.com instead for my SMS Customer Support. Search my store name on Google. Using Shopify chat features instead of Klavyio for now. PS if Shopify adds the ability to port in numbers for SMS Chat support, I'm dropping SimpleTexting and Klaviyo immediately. On an ending positive note, email templates are pretty nice, but I'm very disappointed with the lack of SMS chat features.

July 19, 2021

Wow thanks so much for this in-depth feedback. We really appreciate it. Our team should be in touch soon to learn more if you're up for spending a little time with us. Thanks in advance!

Previous 1 3 4 5