Klaviyo: Marketing Automation

Klaviyo: Marketing Automation

by Klaviyo

Marketing software built for your growth

Catholic Productions

We luckily moved from Mailchimp months before they apparently cut ties with Shopify.

This application is certainly a step up in many regards with clean and tight integration from Shopify, enabling you to easily filter down to highly optimized people on your list and the visible layout of your automations/flows is really helpful and intuitive. Having all of that integration available in your automations/flows is simply fantastic.

Live chat is helpful too for minutely detailed questions that are not necessarily clear as to how certain definitional conditions may work.

The drawbacks I have -- 2 minor and 1 major:

MINOR:
(1) If you are sending out a campaign and you want to send it to a particular audience, you cannot create the audience in the campaign conditions itself. You have to first go create the segment (or new list) and then go back to your campaigns and assign that newly created segment as the target of your email. In mailchimp, you could just create the definition of the person who met 'x' conditions in the campaign builder itself rather than having to leave it, go create a stagnant group/segment, and then return back to the campaigns to send the campaign to that new group/segment. Would think/hope that Klaviyo would've implemented this by now (been with them for a little over a year), as that seems to be a quite helpful method of streamlining things when sending a campaign.

(2) You're limited on the # of test emails you can send. So, if you use glockapps, for example, to test if your emails are going to inboxes, you are limited to something like 100 test campaigns per day for the purposes of them limiting spam, I believe. It's prima facie understandable, but after a client has been with them for a certain amount of time and they see a reputable send rate/open rate/click rate, etc., it would be helpful to have this limit lifted so as to not handcuff the people who are actually attempting to send quality emails by testing them before sending to make sure they arrive in inboxes.

MAJOR:
We have had a LOT of people on our list email us about after clicking a link in an email, google gives them a warning that the site they're linking to might not be safe. Klaviyo adds a "trk" before the links in the URL when you click on links and seems to effectively re-direct to the actual link after it runs its tracking to provide you analytics (try it and see).

This error seems to appear primarily (if not excusively) for gmail accounts, which is a large portion of emails on our list (and will probably increase in that direction). So, it's quite problematic for us. We've inquired multiple times and there has been no reasonable solution provided. This was the primary response from Klaviyo:

"At this time, this is not something we can set-up for you but you would need to set-up a reverse proxy. That handles the SSL traffic and sends it over to us. Now you can also use a 3rd Party CDN to accomplish this, i.e. Cloudflare, Fastly, KeyCDN, Cloudfront, etc."

Regardless if you keep the global tracking feature on or off when sending campaigns or flows, this "trk" feature shows up and creates this issue. This may not be a big issue for you (though I think it would for most), but it certainly is for us and remains unaddressed with no reasonable resolution for us to pursue (and seems like something we should not have to resolve on our end -- the above response is Greek to me).

I can't believe we're the only ones experiencing this issue with our audience. Anyone else?

Otherwise, a great product.

Pax.

Margot New York

Has alot of more sophisticated features that enable better control over segmentation of audiences–across conventional and automated flow campaigns. However, can be very glitchy. Times when you are unable to pull audience segments (due to a glitch that took over a week to resolve) or inability to send email blasts. Support is spotty; chats are on and off and it takes days to resolve issues.

If not for the glitches, would have received 5 stars. Great functionality, shaky execution.

MDNA SKIN

It's good, until it isn't. Our account was suspended today with no warning whatsoever - apparently sending to non engaged customers. It's been 8 hours and NO response from their customer service team. Totally unacceptable.

Caveavindirect.fr

Update: After 5 days and 3 different people, I was able to solve my problem. I will be testing further before moving to a paid plan. Thx
Been a free user for 3-4 days now and I understand that I don't have access to the same features as a paid user. However, I think that I have the rights to fully test the potential of the tool. Unfortunately, as a free user support is inexistent so I'm asking myself is it worth it to move to a paid plan?!

Mondo Kaos

The app itself seems to be doing what it should - and I think better than Mailchimp. This one has better features. But the costumer service has so far been really bad. I have contacted them for 2 weeks now and no reply. Is a bit frustrating to pay for a product, and ending up hirering people from outside to help you out...

Miss Fox Watches

I messed up during the setup process and emailed Klaviyo for help fixing it. It's been 2 weeks now and they haven't gotten back to me, but they have found the time to spam me every single day. Am I annoyed that they ignored my email? Sure, but on the whole the app works really well, even if customer support is lacking.

Shinto Martial Arts Gear

Well Im just getting used to the app so far so good Easy to find my way around
I will do another review once I've masted this.

My Event Decor

So yes, it does synch well with Shopify. However there is no live chat which is just basic-level customer service for any online organisation and emailing and waiting for answers is painful.
I currently cannot get the Billing Name to show up in the Feedback survey I send out so found people got the dreaded "Dear ," salutation which doesn't make them impressed with ME.
The flows are NOT intuitive to use.
The popup for newsletter subscriptions is so basic as to look ugly - I can't believe you can't add a photo or whatever and my signups have dropped since I changed over.
I'm starting to think I made a mistake swapping over from Mailchimp unless things improve, real fast.

Rhythm Audio Design

I've used this app and find it very good but with some exceptions.
1) The interface is not easy to figure out. It needs to be simplified.
2) You can't delete any of the campaigns that you don't want. This creates a lot of clutter.
I like apps created for ease of use and where the operator has full control. This is not one of them. However, it is much better than MailChimp which I uninstalled because it was very frustrating. It would never update properly.
Although Klaviyo needs work, I still recommend it. Good support.

catlover19

Quite difficult to have it up and running I gotta say that. Will try more since many friends recommend it.

Previous 1 3