Klaviyo: Email Marketing

Klaviyo: Email Marketing

by Klaviyo

Marketing software built for your growth

Stacey Allens

I think this app is great if you understand how to set it up. I tried this app because I heard it was the best but I was unable to get it to work properly for my store and have reached out a number of times for help and got none. at this point I'm not even sure if this app is working at all. I will be removing and going for something less complicated

Aktibo Athletics

The app is very intuitive in creating different email marketing designs. However, I've had issues where the customer on the other end has error issues with access to the links , while other's don't.

Sigrun Tennis

Useful with some powerful tools, but customer service is lacking a bit and not responsive and the platform can sometimes be klunky. For example, applying consistent colors, logos, fonts, etc. across different campaigns, emails, lists, preference pages, etc. is often very time consuming and hard to implement. Email flows seem to work well though.

Glory Deals

I'm not quite sure if I'm using it the right way but after configuring my auto welcome emails it seems doesn't work when the customer signs-up no thing is being sent to the inbox/junk mail. I have also tried to add my email and I haven't received any. a support would be appreciated.

OuiSi

I’m writing this review a week in. I actually think in the long-term this will be a good app for my store. But the on-boarding and customer service has been very disappointing. First, be aware that Klaviyo customer service is run by chat. I’ve had to enter the queue for that chat three times, the first two because I missed my moment to chat. The queues are upwards of 30-50 people long, which takes 30-45 minutes. And if you miss your window, you get back in line. It took me three hours in total to get a response. Second, while sales people were quick to respond in order to get a signup, they’ve all but ghosted since. For example, I emailed about my help-chat challenges and I heard nothing back. Third, they suggest you sign up for a paying account way too early. I HIGHLY recommend getting your customizations set up first. Klaviyo WILL start sending their own newsletter sub confirms, whether you’ve customized or not. All in all, I’d break it down like this: on-boarding and help desk 2/5; platform potential 4-4.5/5.

PEP Kitchen

Clearly some great features on this app but I have found it really painful to get going with. Very irritating "compliance review" meant my account was blocked as soon as I tried to send first emails. Customers have had to wait days for Thank You emails for their orders. Have had to upgrade immediately to disable double opt in and even that is proving difficult to do. Finding it complicated to do basic tasks like send one off emails. Has got my stress levels up - I hope it's worth persevering with!

stardustandmoonshine

NEW USERS BEWARE!! Perhaps those of you migrating from another email sending service know this already, but when you attempt to send your first flow/campaign Klaviyo will disable your account for about 24 hours while they "verify" you. They want to make sure you did not buy your email lists, which makes sense, but I feel that this procedure was not explained before hand. So when I attempted to send out my very first campaign, on Mother's Day, they froze my account, and my Mom's Day promotion went down the drain. Also, I feel like they could use a little common sense about this: I only have 39 emails on my list!!! Do you really think I am going to spend money on only 39 emails?!? Come on, Klaviyo. There should be a numeric threshold for the verification, perhaps 100 + emails. So, again, I understand the concept: it is Klaviyo's lack of communication and transparency about it that irks me. I am sure it's in the fine print somewhere, all I am saying is be more up-front about it please!!
So, if you are brand-new to an email service like this: give yourself an extra day or so, before your first campaign, in order for them to verify you. Why they cannot verify accounts before the campaign goes out is beyond me.

Anyway, that's my rant. For what it's worth I am now "verified" and up and running. Just beware!

MERVEILLA

un poco tediosa, debería ser un poco más sencilla.
o tendría que tener una guía para nuevos usuarios.

Bougie Barn

Good product, terrible/nonexistent customer service. Don't expect an answer back with a question, even if you follow up numerous times.

February 26, 2020

Hi. Sorry to see this. We'd really love to help. You can connect with us at Klaviyo here https://help.klaviyo.com/hc/en-us/requests/new. Looking forward to helping.

Catholic Productions

We luckily moved from Mailchimp months before they apparently cut ties with Shopify.

This application is certainly a step up in many regards with clean and tight integration from Shopify, enabling you to easily filter down to highly optimized people on your list and the visible layout of your automations/flows is really helpful and intuitive. Having all of that integration available in your automations/flows is simply fantastic.

Live chat is helpful too for minutely detailed questions that are not necessarily clear as to how certain definitional conditions may work.

The drawbacks I have -- 2 minor and 1 major:

MINOR:
(1) If you are sending out a campaign and you want to send it to a particular audience, you cannot create the audience in the campaign conditions itself. You have to first go create the segment (or new list) and then go back to your campaigns and assign that newly created segment as the target of your email. In mailchimp, you could just create the definition of the person who met 'x' conditions in the campaign builder itself rather than having to leave it, go create a stagnant group/segment, and then return back to the campaigns to send the campaign to that new group/segment. Would think/hope that Klaviyo would've implemented this by now (been with them for a little over a year), as that seems to be a quite helpful method of streamlining things when sending a campaign.

(2) You're limited on the # of test emails you can send. So, if you use glockapps, for example, to test if your emails are going to inboxes, you are limited to something like 100 test campaigns per day for the purposes of them limiting spam, I believe. It's prima facie understandable, but after a client has been with them for a certain amount of time and they see a reputable send rate/open rate/click rate, etc., it would be helpful to have this limit lifted so as to not handcuff the people who are actually attempting to send quality emails by testing them before sending to make sure they arrive in inboxes.

MAJOR:
We have had a LOT of people on our list email us about after clicking a link in an email, google gives them a warning that the site they're linking to might not be safe. Klaviyo adds a "trk" before the links in the URL when you click on links and seems to effectively re-direct to the actual link after it runs its tracking to provide you analytics (try it and see).

This error seems to appear primarily (if not excusively) for gmail accounts, which is a large portion of emails on our list (and will probably increase in that direction). So, it's quite problematic for us. We've inquired multiple times and there has been no reasonable solution provided. This was the primary response from Klaviyo:

"At this time, this is not something we can set-up for you but you would need to set-up a reverse proxy. That handles the SSL traffic and sends it over to us. Now you can also use a 3rd Party CDN to accomplish this, i.e. Cloudflare, Fastly, KeyCDN, Cloudfront, etc."

Regardless if you keep the global tracking feature on or off when sending campaigns or flows, this "trk" feature shows up and creates this issue. This may not be a big issue for you (though I think it would for most), but it certainly is for us and remains unaddressed with no reasonable resolution for us to pursue (and seems like something we should not have to resolve on our end -- the above response is Greek to me).

I can't believe we're the only ones experiencing this issue with our audience. Anyone else?

Otherwise, a great product.

Pax.