The overall rating reflects the current state of the app. It accounts for all app reviews but prioritizes the most recent ones.
Oliver Heemeyer - maker of fine jewellery
Never again Langify! The worst translation app ever. Hands off! Many translations are simply not working, as the app is not capable to deal with customised shops/themes. Spent hours and hours on this app. Totally frustrating and not worth the money.
Totally understand your frustration but as our support Team already explained, this was an issue on shopify's end that simply prevented theme translations from showing up when on a 2.0 theme! This really wasn't our fault. Good news is that this has been solved now so you may give us a second chance :)
Very very slow response. Servers are very slow in responding. We are stuck in going live and the support team is not helping the way they should be knowing the criticality of the issue. I hope this comment will make them look into the matter and respond to us. We are loosing time by every passing minute.
Very very slow app and difficult to navigate. The translations are really inaccurate, this is so time consuming!!!!!
Langify v2 Cons, found with my experience:
- unable to manage pages from page builder, other than pagefly
- impossible to translate the contents of the site (cart, account, etc.)
- does not recognize all metafields
- very complex and not very functional installation, always required technical support
- language change menu stops working with each language change
- performance dropped from 60 points to 49 points using this app (very little optimization)
Thank you fo your feedback and I'd like to use this reply to clarify some things!
1. It's simply not true that we do not support other page builders than pagefly. langify is using the native shopify translation API and almost all page builders are storing the generated HTML in separated theme templates instead of storing it in the regular shopify page description (which would make it easy to translate those in the regular way). That makes it hard to translate those pages and we are the only app that is using the native shopify translation API that supports translating such static templates. In short: langify allows you to translate all static strings generated by a page builder app of your choice in the "Static" section.
2. This is completely wrong! Again: langify is using the shopify translation API and therefore ALL internationalized theme strings, including the cart and account, can be translated in our "Theme" translation section.
3. That is true but we restricted the access to some metafield namespaces such as "global". We did that because lot's of apps and shopify itself uses such namespaces for internal codes that simply are not translatable. Just drop us a mail and we will whitelist your metafields. Due to that issue shopify now added public and private metafields but this needs to be adapted by all apps over time.
4. Not sure what you mean by complex as we have a very clear structure of translation sections such as "Products", "Collections", "Pages", etc. Always required technical support? I don't remember you getting in touch with us at all in regards to "technical issues" - if someone needs help we're ready to assist but it's definitely not like "everyone needs technical support"
5. langify comes with it's own switcher that works perfectly fine. langify also supports third party theme switchers. In some cases some themes need manual adjustments to work with langify but this is something that we can do for you.
6. Might repeat myself but langify is using the native shopify translation API and we do not inject much code. shopify is adding the translations on the server-side so the performance should be almost the same. And again: get in touch with us and we'll take care!
P.S.: Noticed that you reviewed other translation apps with almost the same text. What's your intention?
After deleted the app, the languages selectors remains on my website pages and the previous app doesn't work anymore, really bad!
Johannes from langify here :) Thank you for your review! The problem could have been solved by un-publishing the switcher before uninstalling the app. We can of course remove the switcher for you! Simply get in touch with us via email@example.com and we'll take care of this immediately!
Overall app works okay, however really hard to set text size and font easily. Two pieces of text in same font size in langify are still displayed differently on the actual website... Lots of effort to always check this, already lost sales due to this.
Johannes from langify here :) Thank you for your honest review! Sorry to hear that you're having issues with the formatting. We're constantly improving the app based on our customer's feedback and will improve the rich text editor to better support the formatting! Feel free to get in touch with us via firstname.lastname@example.org so that we can further discuss this.
Magazin romanesc "Hermannstadt" Germania
The Langify App started changing our Romanian original text on all Collections to English translation. We wrote Langify and to our surprise was being told they thing it is a bug in Shopify and that the Langify developer who can solve this is sick and we need to wait 6 days until he comes back to work.
Today he wrote us he has no idea how to resolve this and passed this further to Shopify. We also have several sites connected to this site and because Langify didn’t properly look when creating collections it did messed up those websites too.
Very disappointed ! Don't even want to think what could have happened if Langify would have translated more than just the Collections title . Would have probably put us out of business for few days.
We asked them to unpublished the English translation and to do the testing somewhere else rather then our websites.
Be careful when working with this App !!!
Removed the App and asked for Refund.
It can't be open , continue refreshing .
I don't know why it has a high score
I decide to delete it .
I removed the app from the store but still charge me $17.50 a month, I have no place to cancel, should I just close the store?
Here's an expletive...
Johannes from langify here :)
shopify is handling all charges for langify. I guess you have been in the next billing cycle already and therefore shopify charged you.
Please get in touch with us via email@example.com and we'll take care of this as soon as possible.
Closing your shopify store is not required.
RUE DES TABLEAUX
j'installe application !!! bug de partout le pire j'ai acheté des mots et ca ne traduit rien !!! je click sur theme bug je click autre bug bug..service client pas en ligne.....je demande le remboursement immédiat !!!!
Thank your for your review and sorry for the inconvenience!
Please get in touch with us via firstname.lastname@example.org so that we can assist with this and talk about a possible refund for the auto-translation-words.