langify

langify

by Johannes Hodde

Translate your shop into multiple languages

lllozeau

Good communication with the staff, honestly they answer quickly, BUT unfortunately, there are many issue with the app that I would not recommend it to a friend

1. it is not that easy to translate a page, you have to translate by block, urgh.
2. It does not do automatic translation for theme buttom for example
3. URL do not translate either
4. App do not support 3rd party page builder App so if you are using one, WATCH OUT, you're gonna loose your translation whenever you make a change into the page builder app.

Dreamday Paris

Thank you Mr. Wolf from the customer service for helping me making my decision of un-installing the app.
Here's my original review :
"For everyone who's using a paid theme developed by a third party, I do not recommend this app. Because Langify interrupts some key functions, for example, my theme allows customer to preview a variant's photo in a small gallery, but with Langify implemented, the gallery no longer shows properly.
Also, the language switcher is not designed to integrate properly with the theme, it's extremely ugly... For the store owners who already paid $140-180 for a beautiful theme, why ruin everything with the language switcher!!!!"
I didn't contact the customer service after encountering these issues because for 20 minutes, my whole website was completely blank, it gave me a heart-attack. It was Shopify customer service who helped me to roll back and got my website back. I'm sorry but after such a horrible experience, I don't even want to contact customer service.
But after I posted this review, Mr. Michael from customer service contacted me and asked me to give them a second chance, and offered me free services to fix the issues, that's why I reached out. And I have to say, their technical support was very nice, fixed the issues, however, up till now I still see many missing spots where I did translate in the Langify app but didn't show up properly on my website. And the customer service explained that I need to manually add each spot in the "custom" translation. I don't have 365 days on the translation. I want this to be done.
And our lovely Mr. Wolf, sent me a quite strong-worded email, saying that first, I should update my review, because it no longer reflects the truth (which I sadly disagree because it is true that it originally made my code a mess, and for a good enough app who charges 17.5$/month, this should've never happened), and second, Mr. Wolf said he's "surprised" that I never contacted customer service before I left a review. Listen, I appreciate all the great support, but I want an app that works, perfectly, without destroying my code and forcing me to have the customer service spend hours to fix it! And Mr. Wolf's attitude made me think that the awesome support I received was only to have me change my 1-star review.
So here I am, changing my review, I will add an extra star, to thank Mr. Michael and Johannes for all the great help. But hell no I am not happy with this app, and I am uninstalling it now, even though I am already charged for the first month.

Ktisis E-shop

I installed the app for two days, then realised that I dd not really need it
And I have spent the last month dealing with the left over code that has caused all sorts of problems on my site, it seems that Im talking to shopify support every day

Homebath

I am a starter in Belgium and we speaks 3 languages. I am writing all contents in 2 languages(French and Flemish) what is langify's extra in this history?
To give a possible platform to publish your website in orher language?
I am doing all effort myself. Monthly price proportion of langify/shopify is huge.
Why I can not write second language definitions on shopify?
If we pay for this application shopify shoul integrate this app in CMS like this:
You have to have two languages next to each other to change a product for two languages at the same time.