langify

langify

by Johannes Hodde

Translate your shop into multiple languages

Mura Pehnec

The app was working perfectly but has some serious issues lately. Trying to enter the app, it loads for a minute and then crashes. If I manage to load the app then it just continues to load every page for ages. I am hoping this will be fixed soon.

Stilnest

This app seems to be one of the best available in Shopify App store right now BUT it is far from perfect.
Main disadvantages of it:
- It not possible to add translations in bulk. You need to go to the product one-by-one. There is a possibility of import/export PO file but unfortunately, it is not helpful at all. Much better would the csv file similar to basic Shopify cvs export files where you can see info split in columns.
- It is impossible to detect the mistake in translations until you go to the product and see it. Here the csv would be a perfect variant when you could check translations on the product level and fix them in bulk. Would give much more visibility.
To be more specific. There was a bug in the app. If you change the order of product variant options in Shopify admin the translations of variant option values get messed up. You won‘t know it until you go to Langify to check something else and see this issue. Doesn‘t seem to be reliable.
- You can "translate" product pictures BUT it is so hacky way that if your product picture URL gets changed for any reason your setup will be lost and you won‘t even notice it before you go and check it on the product level.
- Formating of products and page translations sometimes messes up. You need to open the HTML code and fix it from there because fixes in the editor don‘t really work well.
E.g. If you paste the text from any other place the text background can get some color and you only can fix it via the code section. I really hope that Langify team reads comments and is willing to grow and improve. All stated above is a big pain for all merchants who have a big amount(20+) of products in the shop.

Monkey Warehouse

Sometimes the app just doesn't save my new translation and keep showing the old translation or content! This is not good!

Hype Distribution

The code this injects in your them and the complete lack of developer documentation for the custom ly_ tags makes your theme very hard to edit afterwards. If you dont touch the code of your Shopify store then this is a very good solution to translate your site. If you do need to modify the code of your store, steer clear of this app.

Karl Jenson

My theme didn't support this app. But I got to know it only after installing it. It created a lot of issues. Thanks to customer support for helping me out and being reactive.

Whatever Unique Store

I had some great help / support! the app looks a bit complicated from the start, but with their great support it helpt me a lott!

Naughty Linen

I love the idea of the app, the support team was very helpful and it has great potential. Just need some optimization, not so user-friendly yet. I feel bad for bothering the developers all the time - with optimization user could do changes easily by themselves. Will keep the review updating!

Latelier Candide

The app was ok. I used it for 2 months and removed it because the translation interface was not user friendly.

Feine Dame

Too difficult to install, took down my page while uninstalling. GTranslate does not do the same job - but works fine and is easily installed.
------
Appendix: after uninstalling I contacted the langify-team. Their support was excellent and very friendly, they helped me restoring my old theme-files quickly.
A five star service!

Goachi

Wasn't easy uninstalling the app, but with some help of the langify support team, I was able to uninstall the app. I tried the app, but people only read the English version, so we decided to cancel our subscription.

Previous 1